Telco Iphone renewal

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score
Any feedback on telco side how they solve the issue who renew the contract last yr nov for IPhone X. Will they allow early renewal to renew at sep?

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on telco side how they solve the issue who renew the contract last yr nov for IPhone X. Will they allow early renewal to renew at sep?
It's not an issue man, apple releasing the phone later is not the fault of telcos.

Customers also make the choice to recon or wait and that bind themselves to a contract from that date, in this case November.

That being said, sometimes if u call in, u may meet a friendly CSO who may help you with an earlier recontract.... However I think they can only do 1 mth advance..

Soya_Bean

Master Member
Reaction score

what do you mean by solve the issue?

what is the problem to begin with?

based on my understanding, telcos only allows early re-contract of min. at least 12 months, with an early re-contract fee.
if you sign up in Nov 2017, they will not allow you to do an early re-contract in Sep 2018.

i believe you got mixed up with the idea of telcos allowing contract renewal 3 months in advance of contract expiry.

i.e. for those on 24 months contract, you are allowed to re-contract on the 21th month without penalty.

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score
I always do yearly renewal on sep. just that last yrs is in nov for IPhone X.
If I renewal now early renewal fee that I pay is 500 then the usual 350..

tikokia

Master Member
Reaction score
bro stop whining in mulitple threads regarding this issue.
u ownself sign the contract in Nov last year no?
so just pay 500 if u want to get the new iphone at launch if not just wait, simple
the more u whine the more ppl see how u selfpwn

chisiang

Reaction score
I also have this problem actually. For years, I can always re-contract and get the latest iPhones in Sep.

And thanks to IPX, that cycle has been disrupted. Now my re-contract cycle is Nov. So I will not be always be one of the privilege ones to use the latest IP when it comes out.

I have contacted Starhub and they will not be giving exceptions. Too bad for them.

Come the release date, the hard cores IP fans will all suck thumbs. I doubt there will be any queue this year. All of ours Apple fan boys and girls all suck thumbs at home. Those who did not buy the IPX last year will most likely be your casual upgraders. These ppl will not make up the substantial queue crowds.

I predict, for the very first time, there will be ample stock for IP. One reason is they are expensive. Second, all the iPhone fans are still locked down by their contract. And all the flippers who got burned last year thanks to the newly open Apple store will all be gone. VN buyers will all flock to China and Hong Kong this year because they get the dual SIM CARD version!

The real queue and mad rush will come November when we all can re-contract. Apple is not gonna get their numbers this year. It is a world-wide phenomenal.

As for me personally, I will not want to re-contract in Nov. This will create a vicious cycle of forever getting IP in Nov, and I am not willing to pay to re-contract early. Next is the new IPXs is only marginally better than my current IPX. So I am not gonna get one.

I will wait until next year Sep when the IPXI release to re-contract.That should restore my Sep re-contract cycle again.

So good luck to all the Telcos, and Apple! Let's see how the world play out to the screw up upgrade cycle IPX has caused. :s13:

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Don't need good luck to the telcos. iPhone is not the only phone they sell. They will still be here, and next year you will still walk in and buy anyway.

xhui22

Reaction score
Believe me. There will be a queue outside Apple store on launch day. The world is still crazy.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s why I I choose to wait for this year iPhones. Not to rush, considering that I’m using iPhone 8/8+ and X now, can wait I wait. My priority is to get the iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen first.

Why not get the 3rd gen?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They will tell u got yearly recontract is already very good for u.
So if wanna earlier must pay.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have this problem actually. For years, I can always re-contract and get the latest iPhones in Sep.

And thanks to IPX, that cycle has been disrupted. Now my re-contract cycle is Nov. So I will not be always be one of the privilege ones to use the latest IP when it comes out.

I have contacted Starhub and they will not be giving exceptions. Too bad for them.

Come the release date, the hard cores IP fans will all suck thumbs. I doubt there will be any queue this year. All of ours Apple fan boys and girls all suck thumbs at home. Those who did not buy the IPX last year will most likely be your casual upgraders. These ppl will not make up the substantial queue crowds.

I predict, for the very first time, there will be ample stock for IP. One reason is they are expensive. Second, all the iPhone fans are still locked down by their contract. And all the flippers who got burned last year thanks to the newly open Apple store will all be gone. VN buyers will all flock to China and Hong Kong this year because they get the dual SIM CARD version!

The real queue and mad rush will come November when we all can re-contract. Apple is not gonna get their numbers this year. It is a world-wide phenomenal.

As for me personally, I will not want to re-contract in Nov. This will create a vicious cycle of forever getting IP in Nov, and I am not willing to pay to re-contract early. Next is the new IPXs is only marginally better than my current IPX. So I am not gonna get one.

I will wait until next year Sep when the IPXI release to re-contract.That should restore my Sep re-contract cycle again.

So good luck to all the Telcos, and Apple! Let's see how the world play out to the screw up upgrade cycle IPX has caused. :s13:

I know my suggestion can be quite an asshole but I’ll just say it anyway.

For the bigger picture, pay the one time early re-contract fees. Subsequent years will be back to your normal September upgrade cycle.

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A fan who is not willing to pay is not a fan.

A true fan pay anything for the ip xs max.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What? Hardcore iPhone fans? Hardcore fans pay full price buy from Apple Store, no need telco contract renewal one.

derkaiser94

Reaction score
Don't need good luck to the telcos. iPhone is not the only phone they sell. They will still be here, and next year you will still walk in and buy anyway.

This.

I'm surprised at how entitled some people are behaving. At the end of the day, Apple and the respective Telcos will carry on. You'll still be buying their products anyway. If not today, tomorrow. :s13:

Nights

Master Member
Reaction score
I always do yearly renewal on sep. just that last yrs is in nov for IPhone X.
If I renewal now early renewal fee that I pay is 500 then the usual 350..

That’s why I pay full price for iPhone X and convert to sim only plan for more data and less sub fee last year. Even within 1year contract for the sim only plan, I can still upgrade to combo plan anytime without early re-con fee.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.