HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Advice : 1st Trip (11D10N) Kyoto-Nara-Kobe-Osaka Honeymoon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2016, 06:24 PM   #1

Smile Advice : 1st Trip (11D10N) Kyoto-Nara-Kobe-Osaka Honeymoon

Hi Japan experts!

I`m going to Japan for my honeymoon trip this coming 28th Feb.

I would like get some tips and advice where to go at these places that we planned to visit (Kyoto-Nara-Kobe-Osaka)

SIN to JPN
Day 1 28th Feb Arrived Osaka Kansai Airport 11am
Kansai Airport To Kyoto via JR Tokkyu Haruka Line
Kyoto (Nishiki Market, Gion)
Day 2 29th Feb Kyoto - Arayashima
Day 3 1st Mar Kyoto - Nara
Day 4 2nd Mar Kyoto - Kobe
Day 5 3rd Mar Kyoto - Takayama/Shirakwago
Day 6 4th Mar Takayama/Shirakwago
Day 7 5th Mar Takayama/Shirakwago - Osaka
Day 8 6th Mar Osaka - Hida Takayama
Day 9 7th Mar Osaka - Nagaragawa Hot Spring
Day 10 8th Mar Osaka - Kanazawa
Day 11 9th Mar Osaka - Universal Studio Japan
10th Mar Osaka - Shopping Check-IN by 1820
11th Mar SIN

1)Should I be buying 7 Days JR pass to use from Day 1 to Day 7?

2)Could you recommend any passes to use for my stay in Osaka, most probably will be staying in Namba area and travelling to the main tourist attractions in Osaka, shrines and castles etc

3)Can the JR pass be used for travelling between Kyoto to Takayama and back from takayama to Osaka? And also from Kyoto back and fro from kobe and nara?

4)Im thinking of going for the shirakwago ropeways, and staying in a gass house in takyama with hot spring… is there other things to do there during winter? Like leisure hiking etc? anyone can recommend the itinerary in takayama area?

5) Is Rinku premium outlet better or Toki outlets near Osaka airport? do we need to train or its walking distance as we have our luggages with us after checking out from the hotel.

6) Where can I get mobile data line? I need to be connect as my clients will be connecting me via whatapps etc...

7) Any good hotels at Osaka/Kyoto for couple staying?

Thanks and Appreciated.
stev85x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Japan experts!

I would like get some tips and advice where to go at these places that we planned to visit (Kyoto-Nara-Kobe-Osaka)

SIN to JPN
11th Mar SIN

2)Could you recommend any passes to use for my stay in Osaka, most probably will be staying in Namba area and travelling to the main tourist attractions in Osaka, shrines and castles etc

3)Can the JR pass be used for travelling between Kyoto to Takayama and back from takayama to Osaka? And also from Kyoto back and fro from kobe and nara?

4)Im thinking of going for the shirakwago ropeways, and staying in a gass house in takyama with hot spring… is there other things to do there during winter? Like leisure hiking etc? anyone can recommend the itinerary in takayama area?

5) Is Rinku premium outlet better or Toki outlets near Osaka airport? do we need to train or its walking distance as we have our luggages with us after checking out from the hotel.

6) Where can I get mobile data line? I need to be connect as my clients will be connecting me via whatapps etc...

Thanks and Appreciated.
Toki Outlets is nearer to Nagoya/Takayama. Makes more sense to go to Rinku and its conveniently next to a train station. can leave your luggage in the coin lockers at the outlets or at the train station.

the JR Pass 7days is best activated on day 4 and end on day 10.
Old 19-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

u may want to consider regional passes instead of 7-day JR pass. the takayama-hokuriku pass shld cover the places u are going:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_t..._hokuriku.html
Old 19-02-2016, 10:21 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Hi Japan experts!

SIN to JPN
11th Mar SIN

Thanks and Appreciated.
glad evilerniex pointed out the hokuriku pass

a few things from me:

from reading your itinerary...
you are coming back to osaka from shirakawago on day 7 and then going back to hida takayama again on day 8?

nagaragawa onsen... never heard of that had to search wikipedia... and then you read the various scandals involving the onsen... why this particular onsen?

within kansai, i.e. osaka, kyoto, nara, and kobe, it is almost not necessary to have a rail pass. Osaka to Kyoto is JPY560 only. it is even cheaper to nara and kobe from osaka. that said, there is a Kansai thru pass.

read it here: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_005.html

you can decide if it is worth it to get the card. 3days JPY5,200. a few longer journeys might justify the cost of the pass. otherwise, just get the ICOCA card. ICOCA is like a ezlink card.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

since you are getting around the place from kyoto - find someplace near the station. but as it your honeymoon, you might want to stay in some traditional ryokan too. try looking on japanican or rakuten to book your accommodation. rakuten has a quite accurate rating system for hotels
kifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 09:15 AM   #5

Thanks cpuer, evilerniex and kifo for sharing e tips and advice.

Will be looking into regional pass and also will consider Rinku.

Also for ICOCA is like a ezlink card may be a good idea, as we planning to travel less freq.

Thanks again
stev85x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
High Supremacy Member

you should spend a day at rinku town outlet mall 1 stop beside airport.

during first day or last day of your trip so you dont have to waste time traveling
fakeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.