Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi.. Thank you all for your suggestions.. I have refined my itinerary as pet below.. do let me know whether this is feasible..

16 Dec 15
9am: Reach Narita Airport
heads over to disneyland resort to check in. 3d2n at disneyland n disneysea.

18 Dec: Check out from Disney n heads over to Nagano. Targets to reach by 4pm latest At Karuiwaza Prince hotel.

19 Dec: Jigokudani Monkey Park + Ski activity

20 Dec 15: Check out by 10am to Osaka. Targets to reach by 5pm..

21 Dec: Nara (JR Nara Station) go to Nara Koen & Naramachi

22 Dec: Universal Studio Japan (JR Sakurajima Line)

23 Dec: Arashiyama
To visit Monkey Park; Kameoka & River Hozu
+ To visit Umeba Sky Building for Christmas Market

24 Dec:Visit Osaka Aquarium

25 Dec: Depart from osaka at 7am to Mt Fuji.
check in a resort for 3D2N stay. Target to reach at 4pm + Gotemba Premium Outlet store

26 Dec: Lake Kawaguchiko + Fuji-Q land

27 Dec: Check out at 10am n heads over to tokyo. Targets to reach by 4pm latest. Akihabara (Anime building & Final Fantasy Café)

28 Dec:Departs to Bandai Museum (Ishibashi Station) + Heads back to Tokyo Tower or Skytree

29 Dec:Odaiba (Aqua City, Diver City, Rainbow Bridge, Palette town)

30 Dec 15:
Legoland

31 Dec: Ueno Park – Kaneiji Temple, Toshogu Shrine, Kiyomiza Kannon Temple,Bentendo, National Science Museum + Shibuya

1 Jan 16:
10am – Check-out
Roam around apartment area
6pm: Head over to Haneda airport (target to reach by 7.30pm – Flight departure at 11.35pm)

are u still planning to take overnight buses or going to take trains?
considering any passes?

ssohmq

Reaction score
I will be arriving in Tokyo on the 29 April, I'm planning to visit Hakone on the 4th May (1 day only). Can I buy the Hakone 2 days freepass & romance car ticket when I arrive on the first day?

I will be going to Hakone Yumoto -> Gora -> Souzan -> Owakudani -> Togendai (to take pirate ship) -> Hakone Shrine -> Gotemba Premium Outlets -> Shinjuku.

To get to Hakone Shrine, do I get off at Moto-Hakone or Mochi-Hakone?
How do I get to Gotemba Premium Outlets from Hakone Shrine and back to Shinjuku?

ThankS! :s13:

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am considering taking 14 days Jr pass. But am wondering how to go Mt. Fuji from osaka.

if u are going lake kawaguchi, take to shinkansen to Mishima or Numazu, then take bus
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

do calculate the trips u are taking and see if the 14-day pass is worth it.
I got a feeling it is not worth it to get 14-day pass coz the Mt Fuji is not fully covered by the pass, and the remaining days are relatively cheap trips within Tokyo city.
u may want to consider shortening ur Kansai part by a day and leave for Mt Fuji on 24 Dec. that way, u can cover the entire Chubu and Kansai and get to Mt Fuji with the 7-day pass.
u can also head to Tokyo on 24 Dec then make the trip to Mt Fuji from Tokyo. there are passes that covers Tokyo to Lake Kawaguchi or Hakone

jes205

Reaction score
which side of the plane should I get to see Mt Fuji onboard?

left, my photo taking skills not that good but on a clear day, the view is spectacular
14nfsrn.jpg
[/IMG]
2hds4ea.jpg
[/IMG]

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
May I check if it is better to take the tour package or go free and easy?

intend to go like 10 to 12 days in June.

Any recommendation?

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if udk where to go, dk how to speak japanese
likes to follow people compared to roaming around alone

go with tour group lo :s13:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be arriving in Tokyo on the 29 April, I'm planning to visit Hakone on the 4th May (1 day only). Can I buy the Hakone 2 days freepass & romance car ticket when I arrive on the first day?

I will be going to Hakone Yumoto -> Gora -> Souzan -> Owakudani -> Togendai (to take pirate ship) -> Hakone Shrine -> Gotemba Premium Outlets -> Shinjuku.

To get to Hakone Shrine, do I get off at Moto-Hakone or Mochi-Hakone?
How do I get to Gotemba Premium Outlets from Hakone Shrine and back to Shinjuku?

ThankS! :s13:
you can buy the free pass on the first day but only stations with odayku counters e.g. shinjuku will sell it. tell the person at the counter your start date for the pass i.e. 4th may.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

hakone shrine is at moto-hakone. 2nd stop on the ferry ride. 1st stop is hakone-machi.

i think you need to switch buses to go to gotemba from hakone shrine. someone else can advise ba. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5213.html

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To reach Gotemba, you need to change bus. I am not sure of the location but you can ask the bus driver for confirmation. The last time we changed bus it was in the middle of a village but the time schedule is very accurate. IIRC, the bus goes to Gotemba train station and from there you can take a free shuttle to the outlet.

Do you intend to stay overnight at a ryokan? Hakone has plenty of options but not around Gotemba area.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i want to go osaka, first timer, but been to tokyo 8 times already.
For osaka where is a nice place to stay? I will be there 4 days, but 2 days are taken up by potoshoots. For the other 2 days maybe i want to go to nara or the osaka aquarium. Not sure what other nice things there are in august. After that I'm going to tokyo. Either by overnight bus or train, so maybe some place near the bus or train stations heading there would be good.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i want to go osaka, first timer, but been to tokyo 8 times already.
For osaka where is a nice place to stay? I will be there 4 days, but 2 days are taken up by potoshoots. For the other 2 days maybe i want to go to nara or the osaka aquarium. Not sure what other nice things there are in august. After that I'm going to tokyo. Either by overnight bus or train, so maybe some place near the bus or train stations heading there would be good.

u already have another thread asking about accom in Osaka, how come asking the same thing again here? will be easier to stick to ur thread so we know wat was discussed.
have u checked out the accom suggested in ur thread? Osaka/Umeda station will be a good place to stay for connectivity. Shinimamiya if u wan cheaper accom

taokayTeo

Reaction score
is it too early to book ticket for december trip now? can some one please advice me. And i have a few questions.

- whats the route should i take from Naneda to Ginza and Ginza to narita? The train map a bit confusing

- Im arriving probably on saturday morning at Haneda airport, is there a place i can get a data sim card for 7days and a Suica card there?

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it too early to book ticket for december trip now? can some one please advice me. And i have a few questions.

- whats the route should i take from Naneda to Ginza and Ginza to narita? The train map a bit confusing

- Im arriving probably on saturday morning at Haneda airport, is there a place i can get a data sim card for 7days and a Suica card there?

if there are airfare promotions and the price is rite, y not?

use this website to check how to get around using train:

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go around Nov-Dec too. Airfare is around 1.9-2.1k for 3pax for SQ, ANA, and JAL. Is this considered ok?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that is under 800... could be cheaper but Nov-Dec is a pretty peak period

u might want to grab them early to save on the flight

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear Evilnex,

Need help recommendation. I will flying to Haneda Airport n back. Straight from arrival will be proceeding to Haginaka via shuttle (Times car rental) to pick up my car and onwards to Nagano, Hirao - Aspens Shiga Inn for 2 days. After check out from Aspens Shiga, We will be going and staying in Tokyo for the rest of our trip.

Here i need your help - where to staying in tokyo? In shinjuku or shibuya? I will be travelling in a 7 pax family and are ok to split 2 rooms of 4 & 3 pax. Any hotel or ryokan to recommend? Affordable and preferably with local food joint around.

The reason i choose shinjuku or shibuya cos centralise of where i want to go eg. Akihabara, shibuya, shinjuku, meji temple, Diaba and Disneyland.

Thanks in advance.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Evilnex,

Need help recommendation. I will flying to Haneda Airport n back. Straight from arrival will be proceeding to Haginaka via shuttle (Times car rental) to pick up my car and onwards to Nagano, Hirao - Aspens Shiga Inn for 2 days. After check out from Aspens Shiga, We will be going and staying in Tokyo for the rest of our trip.

Here i need your help - where to staying in tokyo? In shinjuku or shibuya? I will be travelling in a 7 pax family and are ok to split 2 rooms of 4 & 3 pax. Any hotel or ryokan to recommend? Affordable and preferably with local food joint around.

The reason i choose shinjuku or shibuya cos centralise of where i want to go eg. Akihabara, shibuya, shinjuku, meji temple, Diaba and Disneyland.

Thanks in advance.

I usually stay in Ueno area coz accom are cheaper there.
it is going to be hard to find 3 or 4 person rooms, so maybe u can split 3-2-2 instead?. or maybe can get apartment room using airbnb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.