HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2015, 08:18 AM   #1561
Supremacy Member

Is their airport a good place to buy SIM card (for data roaming), heat pad (dunno what's it called), souvenirs/packet foods? Will it have vast price difference compared to the streets?

During this winter time, will they also sell some summer wear (for Singapore type of weather)? Thinking of buying clothes for CNY, but slim hope right?
Note that they dont sell voice SIM card, only data SIM cards. u can buy those at the airport. Heat pads are called ka-i-ro(kairo), best bought at pharmacies. souvenirs: can buy at airport, but will have lots of crowd. You can buy some at JR Tokyo station. Not much price difference except the 8% tax. but u have to queue for at least 20-30 mins before u can pay...

I don`t think they sell summer wear now...
Old 13-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #1562
Supremacy Member

Hey Can/Japan experts, have any of you travelled to Fukui before? Any affordable accommodation to recommend for 1 night in Fukui else pls advise if I should transfer to other cities for the night instead? Am thinking if I should travel all the way to Osaka/Kyoto after my concert at Sun dome fukui - aim to go down to himeji the next day if nothing to sightsee at fukui
Havent been there b4... you can try this one
Old 13-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #1563
Supremacy Member

Google map says they are only 1min apart(walking distance).
Im planing to go to Nabana no sato on early feb. I understand that there is this shuttle bus at nagashima (kintetsu ) station. However, I will be getting the JR pass. So is it possible to take train from Nagoya by JR kansai line instead to nagashima station (JR). And from there walk to nagashima (kintetsu) station?
Based on the map and my experience of the GREAT Google... the walk from JR Nagashima station to Kintetsu Nagashima station will take you at least 5 mins... (120m)
Old 13-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #1564
Arch-Supremacy Member

Note that they dont sell voice SIM card, only data SIM cards. u can buy those at the airport. Heat pads are called ka-i-ro(kairo), best bought at pharmacies. souvenirs: can buy at airport, but will have lots of crowd. You can buy some at JR Tokyo station. Not much price difference except the 8% tax. but u have to queue for at least 20-30 mins before u can pay...

I don`t think they sell summer wear now...
data sim is what size? Standard, micro, nano?

if i go to streets they will have voice & data sim?

get which type of sim better? I can also autoroam for voice call but only for emergencies and call home for short while maybe. (hotel room call cheaper?)
Old 13-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #1565
Supremacy Member

Japan does not sell voice data sim.

All sizes are available for data sim i believe. If u need more info, feel free to join my sharing session happening next Sat evening...
Old 13-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #1566
Arch-Supremacy Member

data sim is what size? Standard, micro, nano?

if i go to streets they will have voice & data sim?

get which type of sim better? I can also autoroam for voice call but only for emergencies and call home for short while maybe. (hotel room call cheaper?)
Basically for non residents, visitors like us can only get the data sim, no voice. Their sim can come in the 3 sized like us here. If you want your voice and remain contactable, you can get the MIFI.
Old 13-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #1567

wanna ask some question about hokkaido..is it viable to cycle in winter?..i am looking to cycle around furano and biei..planned is go on february...but heard that if the snow too brutal road/park might be close...would november be a better time?
Old 13-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #1568

wanna ask some question about hokkaido..is it viable to cycle in winter?..i am looking to cycle around furano and biei..planned is go on february...but heard that if the snow too brutal road/park might be close...would november be a better time?
It will still be cold and road will be very slippery and the best rainy. best time to cycle will sep / oct period
Old 13-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #1569

It will still be cold and road will be very slippery and the best rainy. best time to cycle will sep / oct period
haiz...dream shattered..wanna take photo of blue pond and child of god pond/patchwork covered in snow. i dont drive also.
Old 13-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #1570
High Supremacy Member

taxi or walk
Old 13-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #1571
Master Member

Cycling in winter even without snow is brutal because of the cold. Cycling on snow and ice can easily be considered as an extreme sport.
Old 13-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #1572
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cycling in winter even without snow is brutal because of the cold. Cycling on snow and ice can easily be considered as an extreme sport.
I just did my cycling in Nara park. Not too bad. Maybe that day the temperature is not too low
Old 13-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #1573
Arch-Supremacy Member

Japan does not sell voice data sim.

All sizes are available for data sim i believe. If u need more info, feel free to join my sharing session happening next Sat evening...
Wow u got sharing session? Where n when?

Old 13-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #1574
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just did my cycling in Nara park. Not too bad. Maybe that day the temperature is not too low
How cold is out skirt of Tokyo? I going Osaka or somewhere to see mount Fuji.

Got rain? Need to bring umbrella at all?

Old 13-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #1575
Master Member

On that day you did cycling in Nara (24 Dec based on your trip report), the day temperature was 10 deg Celcius. Still quite comfortable.

奈良県 天気出現率 12月24日 - goo天気
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.