Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the Rinkai line included in the metro?

Rinkai line is by a different company from Toei lines and Tokyo Metro, so i dun think it is covered by the pass.

i personally prefer not to get any pass for travelling within the city coz u will need a mixture or JR train and metro train to get to different places. the savings, if any, isnt a lot also, unless u are going to many places in a day.

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going on my first trip in japan for 8 days in May alone, will be touring in tokyo only.
Staying at ibis shinjuku

Few questions to ask
1. Must go places for 1st timers? So I can include in my itinerary.
2. Do I need to buy the something like ezlink card for my transport?
3. As staying in shinjuku, my friends told me there's red light district there, how do i avoid those places? (Female traveller)
4. Is Disneyland or Disneysea better? Or should i go both?
5. Where is the best place to get a camera there?

TIA!
I went disneysea alone and nice experience since i got to ride all the rides hah making use of fast pass and single rider lane. Will be going Disneyland alone too. But I think sea is much more interesting since it is unique to japan and the rides are less kiddy than land

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Been to both alone. Vote sea Esp if u have been disneyland b4. more interesting things in sea, imo.

hutkahn

Reaction score
Hi, would like to check the best options to travel from OSAKA to TOKYO. Shinkansen? Since it's a one way, better to do a single trip ticket?

I'm flying budget flight back to NRT from Osaka, can consider also :o

mojack

Reaction score
Using iijmio travel sim here, how to enable it for whatsapp since the travel sim cannot receive sms? Currently encountering this problem here. Hope to get some advice

thesal

Reaction score
Using iijmio travel sim here, how to enable it for whatsapp since the travel sim cannot receive sms? Currently encountering this problem here. Hope to get some advice

You mean using whatsapp with your SG no? Can try using either a dual sim phone or hotspot

thesal

Reaction score
Sign in to your whatsapp using WiFi

Swap out SIM card wo restarting phone.

As long as you don't restart phone Or whatsapp, it should not know that the SIM card has been swapped.

joeson

Reaction score
Escape room in Tokyo

not too sure if anyone have asked this before, but have anyone of you people played the escape room in Tokyo?

is there any english-based rooms? my knowledge of japanese language is only like, introductory level only (those basic level.).

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any comments on Kawagoe whether it is worthwhile? Or is it more of a tourist trap? Read about it online but would like to hear your views. Thanks.

jep

Reaction score
Anyone been to Kobe can guide me? I like to get their city bus loop pass but where to get it? I click all the links but always show map of bus route, coupons and where to hop bus. Din indicate where to buy the 1/2/3 (etc) days pass.

cicada8

Reaction score
Hi,
How do I obtain the ETC card if my car rental company doesn't provide it? Is it worth my effort getting the card since I m only driving up from Sapporo to Biei to Furano and back to Chitose Airport??

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thomsonooi

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, first time going to japan here.

I'll be visiting tsukiji fish market (not for the auction) next tuesday.

Would like to ask you guys, how long should I allocate for a trip there? I do know that the wholesale area is not open to public before 9am. Should I go before 9am to eat at the sushi restaurants around the area first, then explore the market and outer market?

thanks!

h0neystars

Reaction score
Timed Entry for Harry Potter determines the time you are allowed to enter the area. If you are just interested in Harry Potter alone, I would suggest you to go really early and run into Harry Poter area before they close the gates. If you manage to get in as the first batch right when the park open, you don't need tie time ticket. (This is what I read online, have not personally encountered it)

Otherwise, you will head to the ticket machines to get a timed-ticket to determine your entry to the Harry Potter area.

The hours of queue at Harry Potter is referring to the rides. The last time I went, the estimated waiting time ranges between 240 to 300 minutes. However, people who have personally queued for it, mention that the real wait time is usually shorter than the estimated time.. but it can also mean a 3 to 4 hours wait instead of a 4 to 5 hours wait.

The other rides in the park has queue ranging between 1 hours to 3 hours, depending on the popularity and timing of the day.

If your aim and main focus is only harry potter, I won't suggest you to buy the express pass and you can try to run in first thing in the morning and spend the whole day there and queue.

How does the timed entry for Harry Potter in USJ work? After seeing the available rides in USJ, im only interested in a few of them like 4? hence don't quite feel like getting express 5 pass. even with a timed ticket, it's still hours of queue?

Sent from bored hole using GAGT

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
How does city transport work in osaka, kyoto and tokyo?

Do they all share a similar ezlink style of card or?

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does city transport work in osaka, kyoto and tokyo?

Do they all share a similar ezlink style of card or?

For Kyoto, you can get a pass that offers unlimited bus trips for around 500yen. Kyoto does not have as extensive train services as Tokyo and Osaka does.

For Tokyo and Osaka, you can get a Suica/Pasmo/Icoca card which is like our EZ link card. You can use the same card got the trains and subway and even at convenience stores and vending machines.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
For Kyoto, you can get a pass that offers unlimited bus trips for around 500yen. Kyoto does not have as extensive train services as Tokyo and Osaka does.

For Tokyo and Osaka, you can get a Suica/Pasmo/Icoca card which is like our EZ link card. You can use the same card got the trains and subway and even at convenience stores and vending machines.

This Suica/Pasmo/Icoca card works in all the cities? Can I just buy them from automated machines or? I'm arriving in Osaka from itami airport, can i just buy from there straight? Thank you!

Qns: What is the cheapest way to get data for 2 weeks for a solo traveller? Need my google maps. Pocket wifi dosent seem to be good cost wise for that.

Is osaka/kyoto/tokyo good for walking alot during may? rather than taking the train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.