HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #1606
Master Member

Hi, in my tentative plan, I will have 3.5 days in tokyo.
Was thinking buying the Fuji Hakone Pass to visit fuji (just want to sightsee), fuji kyu (can dont go but if getting pass then go lor) and hakone (main aim is to take the ropeway). As only one round trip can be made within 3 days, do you have any recommendation for affordable accommodation?
Else based on what I wish to do, do you have better travel options so that I can just based in Tokyo?
Old 19-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #1607
Supremacy Member

Hi, in my tentative plan, I will have 3.5 days in tokyo.
Was thinking buying the Fuji Hakone Pass to visit fuji (just want to sightsee), fuji kyu (can dont go but if getting pass then go lor) and hakone (main aim is to take the ropeway). As only one round trip can be made within 3 days, do you have any recommendation for affordable accommodation?
Else based on what I wish to do, do you have better travel options so that I can just based in Tokyo?
u can try to go Nikko...

Accomodation for which area?
Old 20-01-2015, 03:12 AM   #1608
Arch-Supremacy Member

demitri!!! i got question for you da kor kor.

im wondering have you tried Arima Onsen Resort Japanese Ryokan Taketoritei Maruyama day trip?

worth a try??
Old 20-01-2015, 06:07 AM   #1609
Arch-Supremacy Member

very popular among jap to do that, it's certainly worth a try
Old 20-01-2015, 11:38 PM   #1610
Master Member

u can try to go Nikko...

Accomodation for which area?
Hakone or fuji area if getting hakone fuji pass.

Go nikko need to use any pass or cheap enough not to?
Still in the midst of planning for the 2nd half of my trip with the main aim of attending concert
Old 21-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #1611
Master Member

hows the weather in tokyo end march to early april?
Old 21-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #1612
Supremacy Member

Hakone or fuji area if getting hakone fuji pass.

Go nikko need to use any pass or cheap enough not to?
Still in the midst of planning for the 2nd half of my trip with the main aim of attending concert
Nikko is about 2670 yen for 2 days, 1 night.
You can only take 1 return trip from Asakusa to Nikko.
(i.e cannot go there on 2 separate days)

Refer to here.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3800.html
Old 21-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #1613
Supremacy Member

hows the weather in tokyo end march to early april?
Refer to here

When to travel to Japan - Travel Weather
Old 21-01-2015, 09:09 AM   #1614
Master Member

looks like its getting warm but still below 20 degrees.

Thanks for the prompt response bro dimitri_can
Old 21-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #1615
Supremacy Member

demitri!!! i got question for you da kor kor.

im wondering have you tried Arima Onsen Resort Japanese Ryokan Taketoritei Maruyama day trip?

worth a try??
i not so old la...

Have been to Arima Onsen before, but not the resort...
the reviews seemed to be quite good... =)

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=A...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
Old 22-01-2015, 01:53 AM   #1616

Hi, I am planning a 5d4n trip to Japan. My first time there. I am looking at going maybe 2 days in tokyo and maybe 1 or 2 nights at hakone plus maybe 1 or 2 days kyoto? Will my schedule be very rush?

I have not really plan the exact itinerary yet but work out a few places I may want to visit like the tsukiji fish mkt for tuna auction, ryoken at hakone to experience traditional japan with onsen and if time permit, maybe travel for tour around Mt fuji. Oh.I also want to try out the bullet train! Haven't really research on kyoto. Or should I just focus on tokyo and hakone only?

Last edited by Devil7; 22-01-2015 at 01:55 AM..
Old 22-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #1617
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I am planning a 5d4n trip to Japan. My first time there. I am looking at going maybe 2 days in tokyo and maybe 1 or 2 nights at hakone plus maybe 1 or 2 days kyoto? Will my schedule be very rush?

I have not really plan the exact itinerary yet but work out a few places I may want to visit like the tsukiji fish mkt for tuna auction, ryoken at hakone to experience traditional japan with onsen and if time permit, maybe travel for tour around Mt fuji. Oh.I also want to try out the bullet train! Haven't really research on kyoto. Or should I just focus on tokyo and hakone only?
Too rush for Kyoto. Rush for Tokyo/Hakone. Kyoto better next time. There are short distance Shinkansen rides around Tokyo. So no need to travel to Kyoto just to experience Shinkansen, if that's part of your plan

Use this to help you plan:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3051.html

Last edited by cpuer; 22-01-2015 at 07:39 AM..
Old 22-01-2015, 09:53 AM   #1618
Arch-Supremacy Member

too rush already. 5d4n is just right for Tokyo, and if u really want, can squeeze in Hakone. very expensive and time consuming to travel to Kyoto just for that 2 days coz there is a lot more to see in that region. do consider the travelling time needed when planning ur itinerary
Old 22-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #1619

Hi cpuer and evilerniex,thanks so much for the info. So let's say if I were to drop kyoto, will it be feasible to just go maybe 4 days in tokyo and overnight stay at hakone? Or should I just make a day trip to hakone for the fuji tour? If this is still too rush,I will just stick to Tokyo. I have not really plan where to go in tokyo yet. In your opinion,where is the must go place?
Old 22-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #1620
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi cpuer and evilerniex,thanks so much for the info. So let's say if I were to drop kyoto, will it be feasible to just go maybe 4 days in tokyo and overnight stay at hakone? Or should I just make a day trip to hakone for the fuji tour? If this is still too rush,I will just stick to Tokyo. I have not really plan where to go in tokyo yet. In your opinion,where is the must go place?

if u are going to Hakone, it is best to stay a night to enjoy the onsen and have more time to explore the place.

wat time does ur flight land on the first day and wat time u departing? coz minus the first and last day, u only have 3 full days in japan, which is going to be very rush. not able to extend ur trip longer?

most go places really depend on wat u like to see. u can refer to the japan-guide link that cpuer shared to have an idea
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.