HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #151
Supremacy Member

really meh that hokkaido cost of living is lower than singapore.

product to product maybe true for some. compared to say 10 yrs ago, yes now alot cheaper. but lower cost than singapore - eg food, can you get a simple lunch for $4 or 300 yen?

certainly it is a very nice and beautiful place to visit but i will never even think about staying or working there long term.
yoshinoya beef bowl.

its freshly cooked there
Old 27-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #152
High Supremacy Member

yoshinoya, coco ichibanya is more like salary man food. Beef bowl and curry rice is come in, order, eat, pay and leave.

under 500 yen. I am not complaining about lack of space and enjoyment in their branches when all I want is to refuel and get on with shopping in Akihabara
Old 27-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #153

really meh that hokkaido cost of living is lower than singapore.

product to product maybe true for some. compared to say 10 yrs ago, yes now alot cheaper. but lower cost than singapore - eg food, can you get a simple lunch for $4 or 300 yen?

certainly it is a very nice and beautiful place to visit but i will never even think about staying or working there long term.
In a word... YES

Although your choice of food would be quite limited. Its entirely possible to have a decent meal (breakfast esp) for 300-400yen in Hokkaido. 7-11, Lawson and Sencomart are your great choices. Of cos, the various venues as mentioned by other bros here applies too

FYI some Sencomart offers free upper level seating area with proper tables and chairs for you to eat your purchases bought downstairs. The place is spacious and very clean (cleaner than many of our Food Republic ah) so the experiecence is great. Fully aircon too.

Anyone who will be staying at Sapporo Tokyu Excel hotel the next time can try this out. There's a Sencomart outlet just a street away from the hotel and it features free upper level seating. I had declious western breakfast set of bread, omelette and coffee for 400yen only.

In any case we cannot really compare our hawker/coffee shop food with whats available in Hokkaido. Yes we can have a meal for $4 here, but what about portion size, and most imptly, quality of the food?

Its no secret that no tks for our ever rising cost of living, hawker food here is no longer the ones we know of say 5 yrs ago. Many stalls are ran by salaried PRC and most can't cook for nuts. God knows what they put into your food as ingredients.

And many stalls kept increasing their prices while REDUCING the meal portion, quality and overall standards. Although such stalls tends to collapse after a short while, there are other stalls who have no choice but to follow their steps just trying to make ends meet.

You don't see such things happening in Hokkaido lor. You won't find PRC, indians or other FT cooking Japs food in Japan. It just doesn't happen. If you can imagine paying Food Republic prices for your meal purchases daily, you basically can have quite a few high quality choices in Hokkaido ya

And when their gasoline prices are actually CHEAPER than what's being sold in SG, you know something is very wrong again.

Ok la let's not OT any further. I understand what I saw so this is why I'd like to share my experience with you guys

Last edited by cheefarn; 27-06-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 27-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #154
Supremacy Member

yoshinoya, coco ichibanya is more like salary man food. Beef bowl and curry rice is come in, order, eat, pay and leave.

under 500 yen. I am not complaining about lack of space and enjoyment in their branches when all I want is to refuel and get on with shopping in Akihabara
no matter how much u rush akiba, u will not finish it in 1 day. lol
Old 27-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #155
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi TS, im heading japan from 5-8 july
can u recommend me a budget hotel with close to local mrt ?
thanks
Old 27-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #156
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi TS, im heading japan from 5-8 july
can u recommend me a budget hotel with close to local mrt ?
thanks
which part of japan are u going?
Old 27-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #157
Arch-Supremacy Member

which part of japan are u going?
sorry, forget to add in.... tokyo..
mainly for shopping trips..
my fren recommend me sunroute shinjuku ? which i think is popular here..
any other recommendations
thanks
Old 29-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #158

anyone have any idea whether the singtel Huawei E589 mifi work with b-mobile SIM card over there?
Old 29-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #159
Supremacy Member

anyone have any idea whether the singtel Huawei E589 mifi work with b-mobile SIM card over there?
Have to configure...
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #160

hi dimitri_can

may i know whether snack shops at airports, KIX eg, has cardboard boxes ready for tourists buying alot of snacks? I was hoping to do my most of my snacks shopping at KIX before entering departure, then check in the box as luggage. rather than carrying the snacks around while touring.

thanks!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #161
Supremacy Member

Don't think so.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #162

IntelligenceA: as TS has replied the airport probably wont prepare boxes for you, but I dont think thats an impossible request, just ask the shops that you buy at to see if they have any spare cardboard boxes lying around that you can use.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #163
Supremacy Member

Will it be very bored if just stay in Tokyo for 8 days?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #164
Supremacy Member

Will it be very bored if just stay in Tokyo for 8 days?
Depends. I personally was bored after about 5 days of F&E in Tokyo.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #165
Supremacy Member

Depends. I personally was bored after about 5 days of F&E in Tokyo.
I planned to go Osaka/Kyoto then Tokyo after that. But the still noob in doing the domestic flight thingy. Don't know how to do it.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.