HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #1636
Supremacy Member

ohh, i booked it as a 1 person room. opps. cannot smuggle my friend into the room. :x
if u smuggle, the hotel staff will call police... =/
Old 23-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #1637

omy. ok. looks like I'll keep my Sotetsu Fresa Inn reservation then.
Old 23-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #1638
Master Member

unfortunately u are too early for the new JR Kansai Hiroshima pass which starts in 1 March 2015:
JR West Rail Pass - Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass

the old JR West Sanyo area pass is still available till 28 Feb 2015. more expensive though
JR West Rail Pass - Sanyo Area
Thanks, can consider the Sanyo pass.
Old 23-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #1639
Master Member

did u book it as a 1 person room or a 2 person room?
it could be the same room, but the price will be different for 1 person and 2 person.
if u book it as 1 person room, unfortunately u can only have 1 person. dun try to smuggle in a 2nd person coz japan is quite strict about this.
any got try swapping rooms among themselves?

e.g. reservation for 2 rooms, bigger (1 pax) and smaller (2 pax). the bigger room is also sold at a higher price for 2 pax.
Old 23-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #1640

If buy from Shinjuku, is more ex bcos it includes the Romance train ride from Shinjuku to Hakone Yumoto.

However, if you got JR pass, take Shinkansen to Odawara then buy the Hakone Free Pass there, cheaper.

Hopefully, your luggage is not too big, the mid and large sized lockers not so many (click on 7, 21, 30, 31). Else, there is a Hakone Baggage Service (click on 8) and Baggage storage desk (click on 10).

If you're just doing the loop and don't deviate to other attractions in the same area, <5-6 hrs including lunch should be sufficient.
Saffronsatire, do i need to buy the JR pass for my itinerary (Tokyo & 1 night Hakone)? A bit confused by so many train system. If i do not need the JR pass, where should i buy the hakone free pass from? And If i want to take the romance train, i just buy from Shinjuku direct as u suggested?

Regarding the luggage situation, i should be bringing the big luggage (i think 30 inch) because i still need to continue my trip to US after that. The numbers in bracket above what am i supposed to click on? Or did i miss out something?
Old 23-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #1641
jep

Question Hakone

Since I see somebody post abt Hakone... but still confuse.

1. My fren like scenery, so which part of Hakone should we stay? (Juz one night stay)

2. Should we buy Hakone pass or juz buy "normal tkt" at Shinjuku?
Old 23-01-2015, 11:35 PM   #1642
Master Member

Saffronsatire, do i need to buy the JR pass for my itinerary (Tokyo & 1 night Hakone)? A bit confused by so many train system. If i do not need the JR pass, where should i buy the hakone free pass from? And If i want to take the romance train, i just buy from Shinjuku direct as u suggested?

Regarding the luggage situation, i should be bringing the big luggage (i think 30 inch) because i still need to continue my trip to US after that. The numbers in bracket above what am i supposed to click on? Or did i miss out something?
For Tokyo alone, don't need to buy JR pass. Either buy the suica (stored value card like our ezlink) and top up as and when or buy single trip tickets.

Yup, just buy the Hakone Free Pass from Shinjuku Station (Odakyu counter) and ride the train from Shinjuku directly to Hakone-Yumoto. Hakone Free Pass

Oopsie, forgot to append the link! Here it is: Hakone-Yumoto Station | Station and Port Information | HAKONENAVI.

Another suggestion is to shift Hakone/Fuji to Day 2-3 instead, so you can leave your luggage at your hotel after you check-out and bring a duffel bag for your Hakone/Fuji trip instead.

Since I see somebody post abt Hakone... but still confuse.

1. My fren like scenery, so which part of Hakone should we stay? (Juz one night stay)

2. Should we buy Hakone pass or juz buy "normal tkt" at Shinjuku?
1. Can try Lake Ashi. Prince is quite reasonably priced.

2. If you're planning to complete the round course, the Hakone Free Pass is cheaper.
Old 24-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #1643

For Tokyo alone, don't need to buy JR pass. Either buy the suica (stored value card like our ezlink) and top up as and when or buy single trip tickets.

Yup, just buy the Hakone Free Pass from Shinjuku Station (Odakyu counter) and ride the train from Shinjuku directly to Hakone-Yumoto. Hakone Free Pass

Oopsie, forgot to append the link! Here it is: Hakone-Yumoto Station | Station and Port Information | HAKONENAVI.

Another suggestion is to shift Hakone/Fuji to Day 2-3 instead, so you can leave your luggage at your hotel after you check-out and bring a duffel bag for your Hakone/Fuji trip instead.

2. If you're planning to complete the round course, the Hakone Free Pass is cheaper.
thats what i am planning to do. first night stay in Shinjuku, check out to Hakone Day 2, then head back Shinjuku Day 3.

I am planning to stay in Ooike in Hakone. Friend stayed there previously. Got Mt Fuji view, but dun think I have the budget to stay that room.
Old 24-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #1644

How u know that? Personal experience?
Old 24-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #1645
Supremacy Member

My student kena b4.
Old 24-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #1646

My student kena b4.
Haha how he kena? Must have squeeze too many ppl into one room? What happened eventually, fine jail evict or forced to purchase another room?
Old 24-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #1647
Supremacy Member

Only smuggle 1 person.Got camera one..
I called to settle the issue, cos i know e owner...
Old 24-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #1648
Master Member

Only smuggle 1 person.Got camera one..
I called to settle the issue, cos i know e owner...
the hotel very small ah? otherwise, assuming if that room also sold as 2pax room, the staff must be very eagle-eye to keep track.
Old 24-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #1649
Supremacy Member

Not small...
Old 24-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #1650

Hi saffronsatire, your suggestion of shifting hakone to day 2-3 sounds like a plan too. Because I did have a slight concern about doing the hakone tour immediately after touch down, especially after a long distance flight. Somemore need to travel another 2 hrs up to hakone. Not sure if I have the energy to do a full day tour after that. So I should just book 1 night at tokyo, check out the next day and leave my luggage at the tokyo hotel overnight and go to hakone with an overnight bag? After the hakone trip check in back to the same tokyo hotel and take back my luggage? But is it safe to just leave my luggage overnight there for 2 days?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.