HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #1651
Arch-Supremacy Member

the hotel very small ah? otherwise, assuming if that room also sold as 2pax room, the staff must be very eagle-eye to keep track.
usually when u check-in, they will require the passport of all the guest. so u will be there at the counter for check-in. subsequently if they see any unfamiliar faces, they will probably get suspicious and double check the records and cctv
Old 24-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #1652
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi saffronsatire, your suggestion of shifting hakone to day 2-3 sounds like a plan too. Because I did have a slight concern about doing the hakone tour immediately after touch down, especially after a long distance flight. Somemore need to travel another 2 hrs up to hakone. Not sure if I have the energy to do a full day tour after that. So I should just book 1 night at tokyo, check out the next day and leave my luggage at the tokyo hotel overnight and go to hakone with an overnight bag? After the hakone trip check in back to the same tokyo hotel and take back my luggage? But is it safe to just leave my luggage overnight there for 2 days?
shld be safe.. i have done it many times.
some hotels will tied up ur luggage and give u a key tag which u use when collecting back ur luggage, so other ppl cannot anyhow claim ur luggage
Old 25-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #1653
Master Member

usually when u check-in, they will require the passport of all the guest. so u will be there at the counter for check-in. subsequently if they see any unfamiliar faces, they will probably get suspicious and double check the records and cctv
Yup yup, but if the hotel very big, like few hundred rooms, really can remember every guest, especially since the staff are on rotational shift? That time i stayed at Shinagawa Prince the reception is on 2nd floor but can take lift straight from 1st floor to room level.

Moreover, some ppl may look different from their passport photo if they take those makeover type. very vigilant leh.

Hi saffronsatire, your suggestion of shifting hakone to day 2-3 sounds like a plan too. Because I did have a slight concern about doing the hakone tour immediately after touch down, especially after a long distance flight. Somemore need to travel another 2 hrs up to hakone. Not sure if I have the energy to do a full day tour after that. So I should just book 1 night at tokyo, check out the next day and leave my luggage at the tokyo hotel overnight and go to hakone with an overnight bag? After the hakone trip check in back to the same tokyo hotel and take back my luggage? But is it safe to just leave my luggage overnight there for 2 days?
Yup yup, just book 1 night, then check-out on 2nd day (leave your luggage with them) and come back to check-in on the 4th day (or to retrieve your luggage if you're staying at another hotel - some hotels allow).

I think Japan quite safe, just don't leave any valuables in your luggage.
Old 25-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #1654

Yup yup, but if the hotel very big, like few hundred rooms, really can remember every guest, especially since the staff are on rotational shift? That time i stayed at Shinagawa Prince the reception is on 2nd floor but can take lift straight from 1st floor to room level.

Moreover, some ppl may look different from their passport photo if they take those makeover type. very vigilant leh.

Yup yup, just book 1 night, then check-out on 2nd day (leave your luggage with them) and come back to check-in on the 4th day (or to retrieve your luggage if you're staying at another hotel - some hotels allow).

I think Japan quite safe, just don't leave any valuables in your luggage.

I think evilernie's friend must have been suspicious ie 2ppl enter a single room at one time, or two ppl registering at the counter, at a low tourist season, and behaving suspiciously. I'm sure many ppl have sneaked more than allowed ppl into the room! Sounds like saffronsatire has experience in that! ^^
Old 25-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #1655
Master Member

I think evilernie's friend must have been suspicious ie 2ppl enter a single room at one time, or two ppl registering at the counter, at a low tourist season, and behaving suspiciously. I'm sure many ppl have sneaked more than allowed ppl into the room! Sounds like saffronsatire has experience in that! ^^
Haha I never tried before! :X Cos sometimes those "double" room (more like single room to me) are sold as a room for 2 pax already. Imagine trying to squeeze 2 pax inside the single-single room.

But my cousin told me last time she, her bf and bf sister, 3 pax but they only book room for 2 pax. So even at a ryokan, they never book with meal plan cos later kena expose. But really very squeezy when 3 of them shared a bed at Washington Shinjuku.
Old 25-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #1656
Arch-Supremacy Member

my friend? i dun have any friends who tried that leh

anyway, my advice is dun try. u dun want to risk caught and throw out in the middle of the night or going to the police station. and dun give singaporean a bad name
cpuer likes this.
Old 25-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #1657

hi from Shinagawa Prince Hotel to Haneda airport, which is the most cheapest transport. by train or bus?
Old 26-01-2015, 02:25 AM   #1658
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi from Shinagawa Prince Hotel to Haneda airport, which is the most cheapest transport. by train or bus?
Train. Enuff said.
Old 26-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #1659

want to ask about tax free shopping.
If say i buy a tax free tablet from yodobashi.
Am i allowed to use the tablet in japan?
is there a rule that tourist are not allowed to remove packaging for products?
Old 26-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #1660
Master Member

Take Keikyu, direct to airport 410 yen. I think those limo bus usually is >1000 yen per pax.
Old 26-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #1661
Arch-Supremacy Member

not sure about the official rule.
but they dun seal up the purchases and they usually dun ask u to show ur purchases at the customs also. so I guess it is ok. but to be safe, maybe just keep the packaging/box?
Old 26-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #1662
Master Member

Side track tax free at some of these shops are actually 'tax free' becoz the tax already included in the final price for some items... Might want to double check if u buying big ticket items? That time I noted one of cases in the tax free shop was priced the same as the one I bought after tax- not sure if the tag in tax free shop is before or after tax
Old 26-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #1663

helloo..

1) can I know how to go to nabana no sato from Nagoya?? I plan to take shinkansen from Osaka to Nagoya, and from there take train to JR nagashima or kinetsu nagashima station? which is more suitable (JR or kinetsu) cos I heard that there is a shuttle bus from kinetsu station.. Is it feasible to take to JR nagashima and walk to kinetsu nagashima instead? I wont want to get lost there

And for the shuttle bus at kinetsu nagashima station, when do I alight at or does the bus only stop at the nabana no sato area?

2) Im also intending to go to odaiba when I arrive in Tokyo.... do ur recommend taking the water boat or by the monorail? And the main attraction at odaiba is shopping? I heard that the rainbow bridge have a passage way that allows tourist to take a stroll there right? is it recommended?

thanks

Last edited by loveylim; 26-01-2015 at 10:54 AM..
Old 26-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #1664
Greater Supremacy Member

Some budget advice needed, it's my first time going there and going solo, spending around a week in just Tokyo. I'm quite gifted in finding my way and studied the train maps beforehand so I don't think I'll be severely lost.

Might go to more places on subsequent trips.

Bringing like 90k yen, probably limiting myself to 1 or 2 figmas, would I last the whole trip? 7th-13th.

Belli dura despicio
Old 26-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #1665
Master Member

For those Tax Free shops at Yodobashi or BIC camera, make sure your purchases are above JPY10.5k or so and paid with a Visa card (extra %5 discount).

Japan seems to be DCC compliant.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.