Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutkahn

Reaction score
When are you going? this period
It is fairly okay temperature. don't need to bring Jacket/Sweater/long sleeved
I remembered last year during start of May, i was only wearing my polo t shirt plus long pants without any jacket :eek:

Yep flying tml night. I'm heading to the Alpine Route also, not sure how low the temperature will be?

Devil7

Reaction score
quite expensive and long to get from tokyo to nagoya. unless u are on JR pass, otherwise i would suggest somewhere nearer for day trips

If I am only travelling around tokyo, the Jr pass is not needed right? Else where other day trip is good to go? I already put in yokohama as one of the day trip. Hakone is not safe to go now. Not planning to go Disneyland either.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I am only travelling around tokyo, the Jr pass is not needed right? Else where other day trip is good to go? I already put in yokohama as one of the day trip. Hakone is not safe to go now. Not planning to go Disneyland either.

yah, not worth it to get JR pass for Tokyo only.
other day trip places u can consider are Nikko or Kamakura. or u can spend more time exploring Tokyo, visiting some of the off-the-beaten-track places

lostasor22

Reaction score
52708de8-d52f-43cb-b0da-73b6e48259fc-172391351.png

Can someone please help me on this price list. 27-28jun the ticket are 4000yen for both days or per day? 4000yen is what seats? What about 3000yen?

There is this column isit the early bird discount? When does the early bird discount end?

Sent from 天堂 using GAGT

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
hi dimitri, how do i book accommodations at Shirakawa-go? Is there any you would recommend ?

Sukoo

Reaction score
When are you going? this period
It is fairly okay temperature. don't need to bring Jacket/Sweater/long sleeved
I remembered last year during start of May, i was only wearing my polo t shirt plus long pants without any jacket :eek:

Serious?
I read that waterproof shoe/ trekking boots are recommended? Did you wear any?

Vismark

Reaction score
Anyone book before Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku?
The payment is when check in then pay right?
Then the price you pay is according to that day itself de rate? And not the rate when you make reservation?

Cause I email them asked they tell me if lets say I make a reservation online today for 170,000 Yen, and on that day I go I check in the rate is 180,000 I will be paying the 180,000 instead of the 170,000.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone book before Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku?
The payment is when check in then pay right?
Then the price you pay is according to that day itself de rate? And not the rate when you make reservation?

Cause I email them asked they tell me if lets say I make a reservation online today for 170,000 Yen, and on that day I go I check in the rate is 180,000 I will be paying the 180,000 instead of the 170,000.

Yes, for most hotels in Japan the payment is during check-in in full. I've stayed there a few years ago and yes, the rate varies on a daily basis but if you reserve today at 18,000 yen on the second or third night, they will stick by it. It won't change again. IIRC, they can offer 22% discount if you're staying at least 6 nights. If you're a member, you can request late checkout at 1pm.

Vismark

Reaction score
Yes, for most hotels in Japan the payment is during check-in in full. I've stayed there a few years ago and yes, the rate varies on a daily basis but if you reserve today at 18,000 yen on the second or third night, they will stick by it. It won't change again. IIRC, they can offer 22% discount if you're staying at least 6 nights. If you're a member, you can request late checkout at 1pm.

Er.. So if lets say I today book for October de, for 170k Yen.
Then October when I go I check in that day de rate is 180k Yen, which one do I pay? I will be staying for 6 nights and might get member too since its only 500 Yen and can have late check out till 1pm.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Er.. So if lets say I today book for October de, for 170k Yen.
Then October when I go I check in that day de rate is 180k Yen, which one do I pay? I will be staying for 6 nights and might get member too since its only 500 Yen and can have late check out till 1pm.

You'll pay 170k yen. They will give you a confirmation email highlighting the daily rates that you'll be paying.

Vismark

Reaction score
You'll pay 170k yen. They will give you a confirmation email highlighting the daily rates that you'll be paying.

Uh.. So I is pay the price which I see during the reservation of the hotel uh?
Cause I email them ask if I make a reservation today and it cost 170,000 Yen. And on the day I check in it the exchange rate make it 180,000 Yen, then I will be paying 180,000 Yen instead of 170,000 Yen and they say yes that is correct.

Cause if like this then I might as well book now cause since by then I also pay the day I check in de rate.

But if the rate I will be paying is the one which I see when making a reservation then I will slowly wait and see which week book has the lowest rate for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.