Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uh.. So I is pay the price which I see during the reservation of the hotel uh?
Cause I email them ask if I make a reservation today and it cost 170,000 Yen. And on the day I check in it the exchange rate make it 180,000 Yen, then I will be paying 180,000 Yen instead of 170,000 Yen and they say yes that is correct.

Cause if like this then I might as well book now cause since by then I also pay the day I check in de rate.

But if the rate I will be paying is the one which I see when making a reservation then I will slowly wait and see which week book has the lowest rate for it.

dun really understand. if u are paying in yen, the rate shld be fixed, nothing to do with exchange rate.

exchange rate only matters if u are paying in other currencies, e.g. using credit card. if using credit card, then it depends on the exchange rate on the day they clear the transection, as well as the admin fee that the credit card charges

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uh.. So I is pay the price which I see during the reservation of the hotel uh?
Cause I email them ask if I make a reservation today and it cost 170,000 Yen. And on the day I check in it the exchange rate make it 180,000 Yen, then I will be paying 180,000 Yen instead of 170,000 Yen and they say yes that is correct.

Cause if like this then I might as well book now cause since by then I also pay the day I check in de rate.

But if the rate I will be paying is the one which I see when making a reservation then I will slowly wait and see which week book has the lowest rate for it.

I can see what you mean but you're mixing 2 different things here. Your Yen rates are confirmed on the day that you confirm your booking. Payment will be made upon checkin, not before or after. Therefore your exchange rate depends on that day but you can choose to pay in cash if you feel it's more beneficial.

Vismark

Reaction score
dun really understand. if u are paying in yen, the rate shld be fixed, nothing to do with exchange rate.

exchange rate only matters if u are paying in other currencies, e.g. using credit card. if using credit card, then it depends on the exchange rate on the day they clear the transection, as well as the admin fee that the credit card charges

I can see what you mean but you're mixing 2 different things here. Your Yen rates are confirmed on the day that you confirm your booking. Payment will be made upon checkin, not before or after. Therefore your exchange rate depends on that day but you can choose to pay in cash if you feel it's more beneficial.

Hmm.. Maybe I explain it in the wrong way.
What I meant is like eg. today I book the hotel for october, total it cost 170k.
Then on the day I go, the online booking price for the 6 days cost 180k. So I will have to pay the 180k instead of the price on my reservation. So in short is like I pay the newest price from the online instead of the price which I saw and booked.

But I don think any hotel in the world will charge it this way ba uh?

I think I misunderstood what the CSO was explaining to me and they also misunderstood my question cause the way I put it.

Cause I asked them "do I pay my room using the rate on the day I make the reservation or pay using the rate I check in on the day" and they tell me "Your rate is fixed using the rate of your check-in on the day".

Cause before that I ask them can I pay using sgd then they say
"Only Japanese Yen can be accepted for your payment.
Therefore it would Japanese rates as converted using the prevailing exchange rates of the day. "

So I thought like even if I book cheap now but by the time I check in the room price got higher then I will have to pay the higher price XD

Last edited:

august77

Reaction score
I just booked Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku today too for my trip to Tokyo, Japan in December.

AFAIK, if you book the Hotel today with the total of 170k, you will pay that amount too when you check-in at the Hotel. It shouldn't be 180k yen. The only difference will be amt you get billed by your credit card company, due to the changing exchange rate.

As long as you have the email confirmation from the Hotel with the actual amount, you do not have to worry. Just print the confirmation email and bring in along with you on your trip.

Vismark

Reaction score
I just booked Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku today too for my trip to Tokyo, Japan in December.

AFAIK, if you book the Hotel today with the total of 170k, you will pay that amount too when you check-in at the Hotel. It shouldn't be 180k yen. The only difference will be amt you get billed by your credit card company, due to the changing exchange rate.

As long as you have the email confirmation from the Hotel with the actual amount, you do not have to worry. Just print the confirmation email and bring in along with you on your trip.

Uh.. Okay. I starting also think this way until they tell me "Japanese rates as converted using the prevailing exchange rates of the day"
Cause they tell me only can pay using Yen, then I never thought of credit payment xD

I think I will wait for the exchange rate to drop to 11 then I will change roughly 2k for the hotel fee. Then go there pay using cash.
If not scare by then the exchange rate not good le.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uh.. Okay. I starting also think this way until they tell me "Japanese rates as converted using the prevailing exchange rates of the day"
Cause they tell me only can pay using Yen, then I never thought of credit payment xD

I think I will wait for the exchange rate to drop to 11 then I will change roughly 2k for the hotel fee. Then go there pay using cash.
If not scare by then the exchange rate not good le.
when u going? and the room that u book? i check for u again...
did u count in the tax?

Vismark

Reaction score
when u going? and the room that u book? i check for u again...
did u count in the tax?

I will be going on 11 and return on 17 October.

Actually I have been keeping a lookout for the room for the past month.
Trying to book the lowest price I can find.
Currently the period I want go the price is 192536Yen.
Then now the lowest price I can from now till October is during 30 Aug to 5 Sept, which only cost 167856Yen for 2x Standard Queen for 6 night.

Few weeks ago I checked the cheapest period is during Aug 2nd week.
So I'm trying to wait and see.
Its like 3 months before the period you going the price is the cheapest from what I observe so far.

So if I wait until the cheapest period I book I can get 2x queen room for a cheaper price then 2x economy. If by then queen room no more then I will just get 2x economy. Cause at first I actually is want economy cause its cheaper and just staying for sleep only. But feel that if can get a more comfortable room and average 1 person 40 bucks more still okay la. The queen room do looks more comfortable and bigger compare to the economy. Though the 40 bucks can roughly pay for me airport limousine from haneda and to narita xD

And I will change my hotel fee this few days then go there pay using cash. In case by then the rate not good. Or you guys feel that I should go there use debit card and pay off?

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its like 3 months before the period you going the price is the cheapest from what I observe so far.

anyone else can confirm? haha i'm waiting to book my hotels for 2nd half nov and the available rooms/hotels now are pretty ex. not what i saw when i checked for nov 2014 during 3Q14. pretty sure the price was cheaper.

Vismark

Reaction score
anyone else can confirm? haha i'm waiting to book my hotels for 2nd half nov and the available rooms/hotels now are pretty ex. not what i saw when i checked for nov 2014 during 3Q14. pretty sure the price was cheaper.

My observation is only for Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, for others hotel I don know if there is any cheapest period or is it around the same price throughout.

jep

Reaction score
KOBE - Nunobiki Herb Park

Has anyone been to Nunobiki Herb Park in Kobe? Was wondering how long do I need to explore the place. It seems big. Is half a day enough or need a whole day to explore?

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the period you are booking is the Koyo Leave period..depending on where you are going..that period is usually the peak period for Koyo leave in the Kansai region....it's not surprising then the hotel rate will be at a premium....

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the period you are booking is the Koyo Leave period..depending on where you are going..that period is usually the peak period for Koyo leave in the Kansai region....it's not surprising then the hotel rate will be at a premium....

yup, am aware. wanna confirm if the rates differ closer to the travel dates, like i mentioned when i checked for 2014, the rates were cheaper in the 3rd quarter of 2014 compared to now, 2nd quarter.

i dunno, could be the prices increased significantly from last year to this year due to the increase in taxes and inflation etc.

thesal

Reaction score
yup, am aware. wanna confirm if the rates differ closer to the travel dates, like i mentioned when i checked for 2014, the rates were cheaper in the 3rd quarter of 2014 compared to now, 2nd quarter.

i dunno, could be the prices increased significantly from last year to this year due to the increase in taxes and inflation etc.

To play safe, you can book the hotel via free cancellation ways (booking.com etc)

If there's better rates, just book it again and cancel the old ones

Booking.com also has a match cheapest price policy which you can activate if you choose to.

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Nunobiki Herb Park in Kobe? Was wondering how long do I need to explore the place. It seems big. Is half a day enough or need a whole day to explore?
the one next to ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe?
half a day will do

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone went to sumida fireworks festival before?

Need to go how early in the day to "chope" place

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To play safe, you can book the hotel via free cancellation ways (booking.com etc)

If there's better rates, just book it again and cancel the old ones

Booking.com also has a match cheapest price policy which you can activate if you choose to.

got a few days in late nov for osaka, at the moment can't find any ideal and reasonably priced hotels with free cancellation. either non-refundable or prices >S$160. maybe i should just book first to play safe and continue monitoring in the meanwhile.

japanican used to have more hotels that weren't payment in advance unlike now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.