Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashime

Reaction score
Japan Itinerary

Will be going to Tokyo and Osaka, but have not yet planned the Osaka Itinerary. Please review my Tokyo Itinerary, thanks. I'll be staying at Shinjuku area.

Day 1:
- Arrival at 9.50am
- Lunch at Ichiran Ramen
- Shopping @ Takashimaya, Isetan, Lumine 2
Is the Government building worth a visit?
And are there any soft serve ice cream in the Shinjuku area? :)

- Dinner: Musashi @ Shimbashi station
- Maybe Ginza at night?

Day 2:
- Breakfast at hotel
- Shopping at Harajuku : Takeshita Street
- Lunch at Kyushu Jangara Ramen
- Find crepe to eat
- Shopping at LaForet, etc.
4pm: Shibuya Station
Dinner: Midori Sushi
Or is Uoriki Kaisen Sushi better?

Day 3:
Any suggestions for breakfast?
- Imperial Palace
- Lunch: Tokyo Ramen Street (Rokurinsha)
- Asakusa: Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo Skytree?
- Dinner: Uoriki Kaisen sushi @ Shibuya?

Day 4 would be Osaka

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Will be going to Tokyo and Osaka, but have not yet planned the Osaka Itinerary. Please review my Tokyo Itinerary, thanks. I'll be staying at Shinjuku area.

Day 1:
- Arrival at 9.50am
- Lunch at Ichiran Ramen

- Maybe Ginza at night?

Worth a visit if you want a free panorama of Tokyo city. One can see Mt Fuji from up there. Negates a need to visit the Sky Tree. Also a good location at Shinjuku.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone has tried Yunessan Spa House in Hakone?

Ramen noodle bath? :s22:

You Can Now Bathe in Ramen Noodles

Ramen is one of the latest food crazes to sweep America, but when it comes to the noodle dish the Japanese don’t mess around.

Yunessan Spa House in Hakone, a south-eastern town in Japan, is now offering ramen baths for its clientele. The bath, consisting of ramen pork broth and synthetic noodles, allegedly helps improve patrons’ skin.

Ichiro Furuya, the owner of the spa, claims, “Lately people are very concerned about having beautiful skin, and they know the effect of collagen, which is contained in our pork-based broth. At this bath, everybody can have fun and take advantage of the healthy elements of ramen noodles.”

floppy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Day 1:
- Arrival at 9.50am
- Lunch at Ichiran Ramen

- Maybe Ginza at night?

Day 2:
- Breakfast at hotel
- Shopping at Harajuku : Takeshita Street
- Lunch at Kyushu Jangara Ramen
- Find crepe to eat
- Shopping at LaForet, etc.
4pm: Shibuya Station
Dinner: Midori Sushi
Or is Uoriki Kaisen Sushi better?

Day 3:
Any suggestions for breakfast?
- Imperial Palace
- Lunch: Tokyo Ramen Street (Rokurinsha)
- Asakusa: Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo Skytree?
- Dinner: Uoriki Kaisen sushi @ Shibuya?

Day 4 would be Osaka
u can skip musashi in tokyo. not worth your money.

hutkahn

Reaction score
Worth a visit if you want a free panorama of Tokyo city. One can see Mt Fuji from up there. Negates a need to visit the Sky Tree. Also a good location at Shinjuku.

Yep, the free part is especially good considering Tokyo Tower, WTC, and Skytree need to pay to go up. I went up the Metropolitan Govt. Building during the day and Tokyo Tower in the night. Definitely worth a visit, but if it is foggy then can't see Mt. Fuji la...

One of the towers' observatory closes at 5 though, the other one is open til later. Check first to avoid disappointment!

hutkahn

Reaction score
I refer to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route... Next week.
A friend of mine just came back from there two weeks ago, she said just wear the normal track shoes with thick socks. I hope so.. cause bring my kids along. Hopefully they can cope with the temperature.

http://www.alpen-route.com/en/introduction/climate-clothing
looks like it is still quite cold in june. temperature can drop a lot in the mountains esp when it is cloudy or raining with strong wind.

thick socks and normal shoes shld be fine coz usually our legs and feet can tahan a bit of cold. more impt is the body and hands. good to have jacket and gloves.

I just went up the alpine route on Monday. Temperature hit about 13deg at the top, but the sun is intense enough that I was mostly sweating. I wore a short-sleeved uniqlo tee, and just a fleece sweater over it, most of the time didn't zip all the way up unless I was walking in the snow/ice.

Normal shoes are fine, but they will get wet so bring an additional pair of socks just in case. I went on the snow/ice in sneakers with high socks lol.

Saw a lot of people bringing thick down jackets up, IMO I think don't need esp. if going around noon because you will sure sweat. It's the tunnels that I found to be colder though, not the temperature at the top. Just wear a sweater on top of normal clothes, and bring another jacket/cardigan/hoodie/whatever to layer as needed, instead of just one thick down jacket.

A lot of Singaporeans on the route :s22:

HoloCaustx

Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone has tried Yunessan Spa House in Hakone?

Ramen noodle bath? :s22:

Hi, yeap i've tried it before, they usually have some discount coupons on their website that you can flash before making payment.

i went during early sakura season so it was really cold! those fancy baths such as ramen, red wine, green tea etc are outdoor so you'll have to battle the cold to get there (up a small hill with stairs).

overall quite enjoyable, they even have a half tunnel slide which adults can enjoy too

Foress

Master Member
Reaction score
hi! just wanted to ask, how to move around in japan? lets say i wanna go osaka then go to tore tore ichiba and amedaki falls and then kuroshio ichiba and back to airport, only can drive ah? no public transport?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
hi! just wanted to ask, how to move around in japan? lets say i wanna go osaka then go to tore tore ichiba and amedaki falls and then kuroshio ichiba and back to airport, only can drive ah? no public transport?

You have to make use of the extensive railway network. Start on Google Maps and use the directions from Osaka. Driving can be prohibitively expensive.

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
autumn night illumination

considering kodai-ji and kiyomizu-dera but in that case, i may drop them for my day visit. i have read of ppl doing day+night for the same place during the same trip. guess it's a very diff experience but then again, temple fatigue?

any thoughts or recommendation? should i be there when they open or 1 hr+ before closing? i will have 4 days in kyoto. will be avoiding weekends in any case.

Last edited:

thesal

Reaction score
considering kodai-ji and kiyomizu-dera but in that case, i may drop them for my day visit. i have read of ppl doing day+night for the same place during the same trip. guess it's a very diff experience but then again, temple fatigue?

any thoughts or recommendation? should i be there when they open or 1 hr+ before closing? i will have 4 days in kyoto. will be avoiding weekends in any case.

There's quite a few temples for autumn night viewing. Eikando is one of them. Don't need to go back the one you visited in the day.

4 days quite easy to get temple fatigue if you're just looking at the cultural part of Kyoto.

nanami70

Reaction score
can i ask for JR kanto pass,can i make reservation online and collect on da same day? Thanks

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's quite a few temples for autumn night viewing. Eikando is one of them. Don't need to go back the one you visited in the day.

4 days quite easy to get temple fatigue if you're just looking at the cultural part of Kyoto.

got one more temple to reco for night illumination other than eikando?

or should i visit either kodai-ji and kiyomizu-dera for night illumination and replace it with another temple/shrine for my day visit?

i plan to go to Yasaka, Heian and Nanzenji as well for eastern kyoto since some are in the same vicinity.

how about chion-in and shoren-in? shoren-in's entrance fee for night illumination is ex but read some comments on JG that it is not that impressive as a lot of "laser lights" are used. not sure what that means.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am arriving at kansai airport at 9 am. I think by the time i get to shin imamiya and dump all my luggage it will be around 11 am. Is there still any point going to nara park to see deer on the same day? Will Nara park take up a full half day? What other things can I do on the same day to make good use of time?

My plans for other days are vising the osaka aquarium and otaku shopping near den den town but I can reschedule if it is better to do them on this short day.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am arriving at kansai airport at 9 am. I think by the time i get to shin imamiya and dump all my luggage it will be around 11 am. Is there still any point going to nara park to see deer on the same day? Will Nara park take up a full half day? What other things can I do on the same day to make good use of time?

My plans for other days are vising the osaka aquarium and otaku shopping near den den town but I can reschedule if it is better to do them on this short day.

My trip to Nara took a good 4hrs including of travelling time from Osaka. No rush, just a comfortable walking pace while stopping frequently to take photos of the deer and giving them biscuits.

TIP: If you intend to feed them biscuits, be careful not to open the whole packet in front of htem as they will all rush towards you. Open the package behind your back while facing them to "control" the crowd.

thesal

Reaction score
got one more temple to reco for night illumination other than eikando?

or should i visit either kodai-ji and kiyomizu-dera for night illumination and replace it with another temple/shrine for my day visit?

i plan to go to Yasaka, Heian and Nanzenji as well for eastern kyoto since some are in the same vicinity.

how about chion-in and shoren-in? shoren-in's entrance fee for night illumination is ex but read some comments on JG that it is not that impressive as a lot of "laser lights" are used. not sure what that means.

List of night illuminated temples below.. along with other popular daytime sites.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3953.html

I think can try one temple for Night illumination first before going to the others

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nara will take more than half a day if u are visiting the temples, deer park and palace.

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if you are just going to Nara Park to feed the deer it would be pretty fast.....you can even pop in for a visit at Todaiji..shoudn't take you more than 3hrs...but Nara City has a lot more places to see and explore than the 2places mentioned above....so although most people go to Nara mainly to feed the deer and see Todaiji...most stay for the day to see and explore secondary sights...

Osaka Aquarium will only take up half a day...there's even time to board the Santa Maria and do a cruise around Osaka Bay...u can fit Den Den Town in the second half of the day....the shops will be open till night....

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i read somewhere that many shops in denden close around 6 pm. So they close later?

What else is there to do in nara if i'm not really interested in the temples? Seems like most are temples and palace and the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.