HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #1741
Master Member

hi all, i need some opinions .. im looking at singapore air $839 or JAL $844 per pax. Still cant decide which airline to take. first time going. will be traveling from 23 june to 6 july. And also would like to know whats the best timing to fly ?
I would take SQ if their timing is all right bcos usually SQ is more ex. I think SQ got more leg room (someone can confirm)? JAL I can't recall already but ANA's boeing 787 dreamliner is squeezy on the leg room.

For me, I prefer to land at HND rather than NRT and I prefer arriving in the morning or afternoon as opposed to evening .e.g SQ's SIN-KIX afternoon flights land at 9+pm. It will be more rushy if you want to get to Osaka/Kyoto. Likewise, I prefer the departing flight not to be in the morning e.g. 11am cos you will be travelling to the airport during the morning rush hour.

Last edited by saffronsatire; 05-02-2015 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #1742
High Supremacy Member

my last trip in Dec'14 was with JAL

overall, I say they have improved their onflight service, the seats from my last time flying with them

you can try to land in Haneda but aim to leave Japan via Narita. The difficulty to getting to Haneda from Tokyo using public transit is no joke

time wise, my preference is to land late morning and I can go to my accoms, leave my barang barang with the lobby and go have lunch+look see.

leaving you should note the train timings...
Old 05-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #1743
Arch-Supremacy Member

my last trip in Dec'14 was with JAL

overall, I say they have improved their onflight service, the seats from my last time flying with them

you can try to land in Haneda but aim to leave Japan via Narita. The difficulty to getting to Haneda from Tokyo using public transit is no joke

time wise, my preference is to land late morning and I can go to my accoms, leave my barang barang with the lobby and go have lunch+look see.

leaving you should note the train timings...

how come difficult to get to Haneda? I haven't been to Haneda before
Old 05-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #1744
Supremacy Member

Not difficult ah. Take Keikyu line or monorail.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #1745
Master Member

Is there an airport limousine bus from shinjuku to haneda?
Old 05-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #1746
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there an airport limousine bus from shinjuku to haneda?
have
https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bu.../shinjuku.html
Old 05-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #1747

hi all, i need some opinions .. im looking at singapore air $839 or JAL $844 per pax. Still cant decide which airline to take. first time going. will be traveling from 23 june to 6 july. And also would like to know whats the best timing to fly ?
Best time to fly depends on your preference. Some prefer the red-eye flights(fly at night reach morning), some prefer the morning flights(fly morning, reach afternoon).
Goring for redeye flight means you have more time there; I think it's good if one is able to sleep on the plane...(I avoid redeye if I take ANA because the seats can't recline)
Old 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #1748
Master Member

Thanks! Bus is the most convenient way to reach the airport, especially with 30Kg luggages.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #1749
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks! Bus is the most convenient way to reach the airport, especially with 30Kg luggages.
for sure. But do allow more time for traffic jam, and buy your tickets in advance.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #1750

Buying Yen :D

Hi I'll be travelling to Japan soon and am hoping to get some yen off anyone here who doesn't need it anymore. Please contact me at 91002961 for your rates if you have any left. Thanks!
Hope someone can help me!
Old 05-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #1751
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi planning my trip to Sapporo in Mid April

Will be staying very near Sapporo JR rail station.

Day 1
Reach Hotel at 5pm after flying in from Narita and train ride.
Check in then proceed to Underground mall or nearby for dinner and a drink then rest.

Day 2
Clock Tower
Njo Market for Lunch
Sapporo Beer Musuem

Day 3
Former Hokkaido Govt Building
Chocolate Factory

Day 4
Odori Park
Sugukino

Day 5
Day Trip to Otaru

Day 6 Fly to Kansai in the morning

Is there anything else to add in or must do?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:07 PM   #1752
Master Member

Will like to know if it is worth it for me to buy the Rail Pass: Fuji Hakone Pass and visit kawaguchiko and try to see any sakura?

Am thinking if I can go via bus from shinjuku right after I land in haneda early morning to kawaguchiko. After spending some time there then go to gotemba with all my luggage and then take bus to ryokan/hotel at hakone yumoto. Day 2 will spend time completing the course at hakone i.e. cruise ropeway etc. Day 3 visit hakone checkpoint area etc if day 2 not enough time and or open air museum if day 1 not enough time etc then go back shinjuku via romancecar...

Or is the hakone free pass preferred if nothing much to do at kawaguchiko? I'm ok not to visit gotemba

also, anyone has any recommendation for a ok ryokan with private onsen? Shy to go public onsen

Last edited by hoshiyume; 06-02-2015 at 12:03 AM..
Old 06-02-2015, 12:29 AM   #1753

FujiQ to Shin-Osaka

Will need supremacy advice here to get from FujiQ (after theme park closes) or Kawaguchiko Station (if we left our luggage in the hotel as not sure if theme park locker fits our huge luggage) to Shin-Osaka.

Option 1: From Kawaguchiko/FujiQ take the bus to Mishima Station, where you can change to the Hikari Shinkansen to ShinOsaka Station.
But how long does it take and is it viable with 2 adults luggage and 1 child. I also can't find the train timings.

I also can't find the details for this route and it seems complicated though it might save an hour as compared to Option 2. Right?

Option 2: Go back to Shinjuku station via Chuo Highway Bus (This round trip can be included in the Q pack for only 6750Yen) Go to Tokyo Station to board Shinkansen.
I haven't work out the timings but I think it's 5 hours altogether.

From Shin-Osaka, we still need to travel to the hotel in Namba or somewhere central to sleep!

Thank you!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:49 AM   #1754

I would take SQ if their timing is all right bcos usually SQ is more ex. I think SQ got more leg room (someone can confirm)? JAL I can't recall already but ANA's boeing 787 dreamliner is squeezy on the leg room.

For me, I prefer to land at HND rather than NRT and I prefer arriving in the morning or afternoon as opposed to evening .e.g SQ's SIN-KIX afternoon flights land at 9+pm. It will be more rushy if you want to get to Osaka/Kyoto. Likewise, I prefer the departing flight not to be in the morning e.g. 11am cos you will be travelling to the airport during the morning rush hour.
timing wise if arriving at Narita trains wont be running very late. try to be out of immigration, luggage collection by 9pm. haneda 11pm+ still have trains, but depends on where are you heading, further down connections may have stopped.
Best time to fly depends on your preference. Some prefer the red-eye flights(fly at night reach morning), some prefer the morning flights(fly morning, reach afternoon).
Goring for redeye flight means you have more time there; I think it's good if one is able to sleep on the plane...(I avoid redeye if I take ANA because the seats can't recline)
bro/sis thanks for the reply. i looking at the below flight and timing now. looks good ? most probably will book it. im actually planning for honeymoon 14D13N looking for accomodation now. first time going and yet to plan a itinerary. But currently look at the Itinerary thread

SQ632
Singapore (SIN)
Departs 08:05, Tue 23 Jun 2015
Tokyo (HND)
Arrives 16:05, Tue 23 Jun 2015

Return flight

SQ633
Tokyo (HND)
Departs 17:10, Mon 06 Jul 2015
Singapore (SIN)
Arrives 23:05, Mon 06 Jul 2015
Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #1755
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will need supremacy advice here to get from FujiQ (after theme park closes) or Kawaguchiko Station (if we left our luggage in the hotel as not sure if theme park locker fits our huge luggage) to Shin-Osaka.

Option 1: From Kawaguchiko/FujiQ take the bus to Mishima Station, where you can change to the Hikari Shinkansen to ShinOsaka Station.
But how long does it take and is it viable with 2 adults luggage and 1 child. I also can't find the train timings.

I also can't find the details for this route and it seems complicated though it might save an hour as compared to Option 2. Right?

Option 2: Go back to Shinjuku station via Chuo Highway Bus (This round trip can be included in the Q pack for only 6750Yen) Go to Tokyo Station to board Shinkansen.
I haven't work out the timings but I think it's 5 hours altogether.

From Shin-Osaka, we still need to travel to the hotel in Namba or somewhere central to sleep!

Thank you!
Here's the shinkansen schedules from Mishima to Shin-Osaka
HyperDia | Interval timetable
Mishima-ShinOsaka takes about 182Min

This chart says 1840 bus will reach Mishima at 2008. It's the last bus from FujiQ.

http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/...awaguchiko.pdf

For that timing, you can shoot for Kodama 683 at 2024, but this could be very hectic and dangerous that may involve running or likely missing it if your bus delays.

So best to take the second last bus from FuJiQ at 1710, reaching Mishima at 1838. Then you have one more direct Shin-osaka shinkansen choices: Hikari 529 at 1948. Could be a longer wait if your bus is puncture, but you can take you time and no mad rush. Up to you.
Lukasi likes this.

Last edited by cpuer; 06-02-2015 at 08:13 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.