Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows which are the hotels in Tokyo where the concierge can help to make restaurant reservations at the hard to get places?

Generally all 5 stars hotels got concierge for such stuff (Those usual names Mandarin Oriental, Park Hyatt, Conrad, Four Season, Shangri-La, Tokyo Station, Imperial, Peninsula, Ritz Carlton, Andaz etc etc)
There are a few 4 stars places which provide such services.

But for hard to get places, best is get top few hotels with well connected concierges

kippei

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have some questions here on mobile access
  • Any mobile Wifi to recommend?
  • Will the signal in furano and biei be bad with other telecoms other than docomo and softbank?
  • Is it advisable to get the mobile wifi or sim cards directly at chitose airport ?
  • Heard about ninja wifi and advance mobile? is the coverage in furano area ok?
  • As for sim cards? should we buy at chitose airport or order on the website first? Any recommendation?

cormet

Reaction score
Generally all 5 stars hotels got concierge for such stuff (Those usual names Mandarin Oriental, Park Hyatt, Conrad, Four Season, Shangri-La, Tokyo Station, Imperial, Peninsula, Ritz Carlton, Andaz etc etc)
There are a few 4 stars places which provide such services.

But for hard to get places, best is get top few hotels with well connected concierges

Thanks for the tips. Any personal experience yourself? I used voyagin to help last time but fees have gone up to $35usd per booking, and if booking a few, would come up to about the same if I were to book a better hotel.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Any personal experience yourself? I used voyagin to help last time but fees have gone up to $35usd per booking, and if booking a few, would come up to about the same if I were to book a better hotel.

Myself i got Japanese native to help me book restaurants. (Why pay to book seats? mine is free service maybe get omiyage) - Even calling to Japan and book yourself cost much less, I tried before in the past when the restaurant mentioned they got English Speaker.

Only those super tricky one then i will use concierge.
Last time I use Ryumeikan and they got me seats in Mizutani(2 Stars now) and Yoshitake(3 Stars).

My next trip, I will be staying Tokyo Station Hotel and i will request Jiro(3 Stars), Saito(3 Stars) and Torishiki (Super hard Yakitori place).

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, m planning 7-8 days trip to Japan in Feb.
Tokyo + ???
What I can cover along with Tokyo? And which area to stay in Tokyo?
!! I am not interested in visiting historical places !!

Heard about Gala resort for skiing..

Zr

Reaction score
Is it easy to secure a big locker at shinjuku? Due to unable to chk in luggage as Airbnb host cannot allow me until 3pm chk in. While I reach at 9am. Any good suggestions? =(

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, m planning 7-8 days trip to Japan in Feb.
Tokyo + ???
What I can cover along with Tokyo? And which area to stay in Tokyo?
!! I am not interested in visiting historical places !!

Heard about Gala resort for skiing..

If you die die must stay in Tokyo, then there is not really a lot of other places you can go to since it is winter. You can travel west to yamanashi area and visit places like kawaguchiko. Or you can travel up to tochigi, nikko or ibaraki. Tbh 7-8 days i will suggesy you just stay in Tokyo.

hysteriakx

Reaction score
Is it easy to secure a big locker at shinjuku? Due to unable to chk in luggage as Airbnb host cannot allow me until 3pm chk in. While I reach at 9am. Any good suggestions? =(

yes big locker quite easy to get. and theres a place in harajuku can store ur luggage and use lounge facilities (massage chair / shower etc.) my airbnb host showed me. pm me if u need :)

KeNshEz

Reaction score
Spending 8days in Tokyo, will be going Disney land and sea, So I guess that will leave us with 6 days, what else would you recommend us to visit, must visit for tourist? Would you recommend watching a sumo fight, spectacular much? Thank you!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have some questions here on mobile access
  • Any mobile Wifi to recommend?
  • Will the signal in furano and biei be bad with other telecoms other than docomo and softbank?
  • Is it advisable to get the mobile wifi or sim cards directly at chitose airport ?
  • Heard about ninja wifi and advance mobile? is the coverage in furano area ok?
  • As for sim cards? should we buy at chitose airport or order on the website first? Any recommendation?
You might wish to get from me... =)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would you suggest to go on tour or on own for traveling in jp?

F&E will be more enjoyable. can see more and do more if u go F&E. and u are free to spend more time at places u like and skip uninteresting places. can also explore less touristy places.

however, that is provided u enjoy planning and have time to settle the logistics (accom, air tickets etc). if u dun want the hassle, then probably tour package will be better for u.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What would you think is a must visit in Tokyo?

"must-visit" really depends on ur personal preference.
u can refer to japan-guide for the places to visit:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

my personal must visit places are:
- odaiba: for life-size gundam, night view of rainbow bridge, and the big open space is a contrast to other crowded parts of tokyo
- akihabara: for anime related stuff
- harajuku: traditional (meiji shrine) and pop (cosplay, takesh!ta-dori) culture all in one place
- Tokyo tower: iconic structure
- Asakusa: Sensoji is quite iconic as well

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that rail pass is not valid for special express and limited express

the best is rapid. Depends on how much time you have to travel and it is also a limited period sale thing

KeNshEz

Reaction score
dimitri_can Thank you. Didn't realise you are replying to me!

cancer81, I'll be travelling just inside tokyo, is it still worth it? I have no idea how much transportation cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.