HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #1831
Arch-Supremacy Member

will be travelling to kansai from 25jun to 2jul. found out there this is the rainy season? how bad will it be? cos I plan to go to uss and do some cycling etc

I think it depends on luck lah.
where will u be cycling? wat u can do is to keep ur plans flexible so u can adjust according to weather forecast.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #1832
Master Member

Oh.. Its like not Singapore dhoby ghaut circle line NE line, where they all stop at this specific station? After taking the Keikyu and reach Shinagawa, I have to change another transport? Or did I mistaken your explanation.
My flight reach at 1605. So after everything done should be maybe 5pm. Should be will reach Shinagawa before 6. Any idea if its very congest?
taking keikyu is direct to shinagawa but taking the monorail is not.

Japan Rail Pass and rail travel in Japan complete guide – JPRail.com » Blog Archive » How to access from Haneda airport to downtown Tokyo

keikyu: haneda -> shinagawa

(monorail) haneda -> hamamatsucho +
(JR yamanote line) hamamatsucho -> shinagawa

so when you board the 2nd train at hamamatsucho (diff level of the same building as the monorail), it could be crowded as the yamanote line usually is during peak hours. not very sure about pm crowd cos i took in during am peak.

Access information | Haneda Airport Terminal Portal Site
Haneda Airport (HND)

Last edited by saffronsatire; 12-02-2015 at 04:15 PM..
Old 12-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #1833
Arch-Supremacy Member

will be travelling to kansai from 25jun to 2jul. found out there this is the rainy season? how bad will it be? cos I plan to go to uss and do some cycling etc
worst come to worst wear poncho to ride lo.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #1834

taking keikyu is direct to shinagawa but taking the monorail is not.

Japan Rail Pass and rail travel in Japan complete guide – JPRail.com » Blog Archive » How to access from Haneda airport to downtown Tokyo

keikyu: haneda -> shinagawa

(monorail) haneda -> hamamatsucho +
(JR yamanote line) hamamatsucho -> shinagawa

so when you board the 2nd train at hamamatsucho (diff level of the same building as the monorail), it could be crowded as the yamanote line usually is during peak hours. not very sure about pm crowd cos i took in during am peak.

Access information | Haneda Airport Terminal Portal Site
Haneda Airport (HND)
Oh.. okay!
Luckily I think I will get Shinagawa, so don need to change another train right?
Currently found a apartment on airbnb near there but for 6 nights cost 2.1k
Trying to look for discount code for airbnb, hope can get those 15% or 20% one, even if max 300 is also good enough.
Anyone has any code to share?

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275
Old 12-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #1835
Supremacy Member

Yushima Tenjin or Hanegi park, which is a nicer place to see plum blossoms?
Old 12-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #1836
Master Member

Oh.. okay!
Luckily I think I will get Shinagawa, so don need to change another train right?
yup yup! take the keikyu.
Old 13-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #1837

Haneda Int'l Aiport to Omiya (Saitame)

Dear all, I will be landing into Handea Int'l Airport on a Monday 9.30am and have to head to the railway museum straight, thereafter to Shinjuku (as railway museum is closed on Tuesday).

I would like advice on crowded train situations on below route (as I suspect some may be local trains). We have 2 adults wif 2 luggage and a toddler in hand.

10:23 HANEDA AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL BUILDING take Monorail Haneda Express to Hamamatsucho take JR Keihin-Tohoku/ Negishi Line Rapid to UENO and change to JR Takasaki Line.

Thanks!
Old 13-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #1838
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dear all, I will be landing into Handea Int'l Airport on a Monday 9.30am and have to head to the railway museum straight, thereafter to Shinjuku (as railway museum is closed on Tuesday).

I would like advice on crowded train situations on below route (as I suspect some may be local trains). We have 2 adults wif 2 luggage and a toddler in hand.

10:23 HANEDA AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL BUILDING take Monorail Haneda Express to Hamamatsucho take JR Keihin-Tohoku/ Negishi Line Rapid to UENO and change to JR Takasaki Line.

Thanks!
Should be OK one. By the time u are boarding monorail is already 10.30 or later. If the luggage is too much a hassle, u can get those large locker in Ueno to store them when you go for your museum. Or leave them in your hotel if it is along the route.
Lukasi likes this.
Old 13-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #1839

I think it depends on luck lah.
where will u be cycling? wat u can do is to keep ur plans flexible so u can adjust according to weather forecast.
haha haven decide where to go.. juz tht of doing cycling some of the days.. so wondering if its rains is the road safe, else I will change plans
Old 13-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #1840

Hi, I will be staying at Hotel Century Southern Tower at Shinjuku. I will be travelling with my 3 year old daughter. I am thinking for my last day, should i take the narita express or the airport limousine bus to the airport? I will like to check where can i purchase the nex express ticket at tokyo?
Old 13-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #1841

Should be OK one. By the time u are boarding monorail is already 10.30 or later. If the luggage is too much a hassle, u can get those large locker in Ueno to store them when you go for your museum. Or leave them in your hotel if it is along the route.

My airbnb is in Shinjuku and can't deposit luggage in noon. I planned to deposit bag in Omiya since I have to get out of the station to change to another line. If Ueno, just change of platform right?

My main question here is what pass can I make use of? Confused..
Old 13-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #1842
Master Member

Hi, I will be staying at Hotel Century Southern Tower at Shinjuku. I will be travelling with my 3 year old daughter. I am thinking for my last day, should i take the narita express or the airport limousine bus to the airport? I will like to check where can i purchase the nex express ticket at tokyo?
If you have a large luggage, I'd suggest the airport bus for convenience. Slightly longer but you don't have to carry about carrying heavy luggages while monitoring your daughter. Tickets can be purchased at some hotels. Have a look at https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bu.../shinjuku.html.
Old 13-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #1843

Would like to check if Haneda International airport are linked to terminal 1 and 2? Can I take sky train like Singapore to go to other terminal?
Cause I just found that the hotel I planning to stay have transfer service, but for international airport only start from 10pm, whereas terminal 1 and 2 from 6pm jiu have liao.

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275
Old 13-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #1844

Would like to check if Haneda International airport are linked to terminal 1 and 2? Can I take sky train like Singapore to go to other terminal?
Cause I just found that the hotel I planning to stay have transfer service, but for international airport only start from 10pm, whereas terminal 1 and 2 from 6pm jiu have liao.
No sky train but shuttle bus.
Old 13-02-2015, 12:17 PM   #1845

If we'll be alighting in Tokyo Station from Narita Airport Terminal 2, any significant advantage on taking an airport limousine bus instead of the Keisei or Access Narita? Price of limousine bus is almost double of those of the other two.

inclined on taking the Access Narita as the stop is not that complicated (just Ginza and Tokyo) and my hotel is anyway not a stop of Limousine bus. But still curious why Limousine Bus is more expensive.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.