HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #1846

No sky train but shuttle bus.
Oh.. Then is the shuttle bus to different terminal free? And isit convenience for luggage?

By the way, can I get the suica card at airport?

Last edited by Vismark; 13-02-2015 at 01:04 PM..
Old 13-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #1847
Arch-Supremacy Member

My airbnb is in Shinjuku and can't deposit luggage in noon. I planned to deposit bag in Omiya since I have to get out of the station to change to another line. If Ueno, just change of platform right?

My main question here is what pass can I make use of? Confused..
Store in Omiya also can, its a large station too, though not as large as Ueno.

From HAMAMATSUCHO is direct to Omiya via JR Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line Local go straight to Omiya, less one transfer trouble.
Old 13-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #1848
Arch-Supremacy Member

If we'll be alighting in Tokyo Station from Narita Airport Terminal 2, any significant advantage on taking an airport limousine bus instead of the Keisei or Access Narita? Price of limousine bus is almost double of those of the other two.

inclined on taking the Access Narita as the stop is not that complicated (just Ginza and Tokyo) and my hotel is anyway not a stop of Limousine bus. But still curious why Limousine Bus is more expensive.
There is really a cheaper bus from Tokyo Shuttle (1000yen)
Get from narita to tokyo the cheapest way

Timetable | Keisei Bus
Old 13-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #1849

There is really a cheaper bus from Tokyo Shuttle (1000yen)
Get from narita to tokyo the cheapest way

Timetable | Keisei Bus
Read about the access narita from there also. Might use also the Keisei/shuttle bus but too many destination and i want a more simple choice...anyway,just really wondering why the limousine bus is a lot more expensive? Aside from having hotel bus stops, any feature that will make people choose it?

Also, are inside the shuttle buses /limousine buses/access narita have screens that shows next destination? just like some most sg buses?
Old 13-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #1850
Arch-Supremacy Member

Read about the access narita from there also. Might use also the Keisei/shuttle bus but too many destination and i want a more simple choice...anyway,just really wondering why the limousine bus is a lot more expensive? Aside from having hotel bus stops, any feature that will make people choose it?

Also, are inside the shuttle buses /limousine buses/access narita have screens that shows next destination? just like some most sg buses?
Basically just 2 stops only. One at Tokyo Yaesu exit and other is at Shinonomeshako. A few more at Ginza. Excluding the within Narita airport rout, max is 3 stops only.
Old 14-02-2015, 11:37 PM   #1851
Supremacy Member

how strict is singapore airlines with excess baggage?
2 person and we are a few kg over 60kg
Old 15-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #1852
Master Member

how strict is singapore airlines with excess baggage?
2 person and we are a few kg over 60kg
Very much depends on the person whose checking you in. There was once they made noise even though my checkin luggage is just over by 2kg. That was in Italy though.
Old 15-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #1853
Master Member

depends on flight load too.
Old 15-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #1854
Supremacy Member

Very much depends on the person whose checking you in. There was once they made noise even though my checkin luggage is just over by 2kg. That was in Italy though.
Yea I got 65kg and wasnt allowed.
Took out one bag of 2 jackets left 61.5kg and went through. But end up 2pc hand carry plus backpack, which is very troublesome for boarding and alighting.

But I really over buy.
Old 16-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #1855

Hi, i have decided to take nex express train for my trip from shinjuku to narita airport. Can i check where can i purchase the nex express ticket in shinjuku? and where can i purchase the sucia card? is it at any train station?
Old 16-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #1856

Hi, i have decided to take nex express train for my trip from shinjuku to narita airport. Can i check where can i purchase the nex express ticket in shinjuku? and where can i purchase the sucia card? is it at any train station?
u can buy at the airport a return ticket, it is cheaper as long as the return trip is less than 7 days.
Old 16-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #1857

Would like to check if Haneda International airport are linked to terminal 1 and 2? Can I take sky train like Singapore to go to other terminal?
Cause I just found that the hotel I planning to stay have transfer service, but for international airport only start from 10pm, whereas terminal 1 and 2 from 6pm jiu have liao.
No they are not link. You have to take free shuttle bus, do take note of the bus stop number and which color bus to take as some goes to domestic and the other goes to International airport. Check with the staff there.
Old 16-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #1858

Dear all, I will be landing into Handea Int'l Airport on a Monday 9.30am and have to head to the railway museum straight, thereafter to Shinjuku (as railway museum is closed on Tuesday).

I would like advice on crowded train situations on below route (as I suspect some may be local trains). We have 2 adults wif 2 luggage and a toddler in hand.

10:23 HANEDA AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL BUILDING take Monorail Haneda Express to Hamamatsucho take JR Keihin-Tohoku/ Negishi Line Rapid to UENO and change to JR Takasaki Line.

Thanks!
Will advise you to check in the luggage at the hotel first then the train museum and after that back to hotel to check in the room. Going to the museum straight is okay in the morning but not to forget going to the hotel from the train museum it will be very pack lets say around 4 to 5pm
Old 16-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #1859

Clear my doubt pls:

Crowne Plaza Ana Kobe website says it's a 20min to universal studio but hyperdia says its abt 50min. It will be helpful for me to know if I should stay one more day in Osaka (just 18min away fr Osaka Namba sta)

Tks in advance!
This will give you a better idea, it require 55mins walk and train from hotel to universal studio
ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe to Universal Studios Japan by foot, train, taxi
Old 16-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #1860
Arch-Supremacy Member

The NEX return tickets are only available from 14 Mar. validity is 14days.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pdf/ntrt_150116_e.pdf

Current package is only from NRT to Tokyo at 1500 one way. If you prefer NEX to return to NRT, then u have to buy their regular priced ticket at 2990. Its one of the most expensive way to NRT.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.