Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky_Net86

Reaction score
if u are going to Osaka/Kyoto, then the 7-day JR pass will be worth it.

for the complimentary bus to Disneyland, I dun think it is really necessary coz it is not too hard to get to Disneyland by train. save urself the hassle of changing hotels. since u are going to propose, how about splurging on a hotel within Disney? also since u are visiting Disneyland the next day also.

I'm so surprised that the hotels within Disneyland is fully booked 3 months in advance :s22:. I rather be safe stay in hotel with complimentary shutter bus service to Disneyland & at the same time save some transport money :o

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
can go for the popular chains such as ippudo and ichiran.
u may also want to try eating at yatai (push cart stores) for the experience

Ichiran not bad they also sell packet ramen but they are not as spicy as the one I ate there...

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I'm planning the routes right now, and i found out that From Himeiji to Akashi-Kaikyo bridge, though the general journey is still on the way, but going to the bridge seems a little out actually. If im doing a day trip to Kobe, and having Himeji as part of my journey, is going Akashi Kaikyo bridge squeezing my time a little too try?

Many thanks.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I'm planning the routes right now, and i found out that From Himeiji to Akashi-Kaikyo bridge, though the general journey is still on the way, but going to the bridge seems a little out actually. If im doing a day trip to Kobe, and having Himeji as part of my journey, is going Akashi Kaikyo bridge squeezing my time a little too try?

Many thanks.

Akashi Kaikyo (JR Maiko station) is along the way from Sannomiya to Himeji via Sanyo Main line. however, the faster JR Special Rapid Service or Ltd Exp (both abt 40min) does not stop at Maiko station. u will have to take the slower Kobe line rapid service which takes about 45min from Himeji to Maiko and another 20min from Maiko to Sannomiya.

if no time for Akashi Kaikyo, then just keep a lookout when the train pass by the area. take the JR Special rapid on the Sanyo main line between himeji and sannomiya which runs along the coast.

shinkansen runs inland, so probably wun be able to see. anyway shinkansen not convenient also. need to take subway to shin-kobe for the shinkansen.

informal

Reaction score
what are the various options to get to shinjuku from narita airport? and the time/cost involved?

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Akashi Kaikyo (JR Maiko station) is along the way from Sannomiya to Himeji via Sanyo Main line. however, the faster JR Special Rapid Service or Ltd Exp (both abt 40min) does not stop at Maiko station. u will have to take the slower Kobe line rapid service which takes about 45min from Himeji to Maiko and another 20min from Maiko to Sannomiya.

if no time for Akashi Kaikyo, then just keep a lookout when the train pass by the area. take the JR Special rapid on the Sanyo main line between himeji and sannomiya which runs along the coast.

shinkansen runs inland, so probably wun be able to see. anyway shinkansen not convenient also. need to take subway to shin-kobe for the shinkansen.

Thanks for the info man. I was thinking if thats the case, I'll probably skip that. Probably when I'm able to do Osaka and Kyoto 10 days then I'll have this included in the itinerary.

One more thing, from Shin Osaka station to Kawaguchi, I will have to transit at Shin Yokohama right?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. I was thinking if thats the case, I'll probably skip that. Probably when I'm able to do Osaka and Kyoto 10 days then I'll have this included in the itinerary.

One more thing, from Shin Osaka station to Kawaguchi, I will have to transit at Shin Yokohama right?

not necessary
can take to Mishima and take bus from there.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

informal

Reaction score
i will be staying at the JR Kyushuu Blossom Shinjuku which is behind sunroute shinjuku. if i take the airport limo alight at sunropute but not staying at sunroute is it alright? (i realised morning no limo bus service?!)

or if i take train into shinjuku.. reaching ard 645 in narita approaching shinjuku ard 845-9.. will i bump onto the morning train suqeeze madness?

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel that icoca is slightly better but if you don't enter from kansai, you can't buy icoca, so it's not like you can really choose from one of the several ic cards. applies for refund also. can't refund outside that particular region.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IC Card now basically compatible with each other.
Any card will do, I personally use Suica and travelled around whole of Japan.

Gappyvic

Reaction score
this might not be relevant to travel..but I was wondering if anyone knows about Pay Easy (ペイジー)?

Is it only applicable to Japanese banks/atms? I was only given option of paying through PayEasy or at 7-11 for the concert that I would like to attend. Not being physically in Japan means I can't pay through 7-11...:s22:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will be staying at the JR Kyushuu Blossom Shinjuku which is behind sunroute shinjuku. if i take the airport limo alight at sunropute but not staying at sunroute is it alright? (i realised morning no limo bus service?!)

or if i take train into shinjuku.. reaching ard 645 in narita approaching shinjuku ard 845-9.. will i bump onto the morning train suqeeze madness?

How about taking the limousine bus to shinjuku station?
https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/4/214

pLueAr

Reaction score
need help in okinawa

hi, i planning for a 5d4n trip in okinawa, got any tips on what to do?

Vismark

Reaction score
Need recommendation for dinner.

Will reach Haneda airport around 16.05 on a Sunday night.

If possible will take the 17.10 airport limousine to Sunroute Plaza.

Then maybe rest a while around 18.45 leave hotel for dinner.

Was thinking to have dinner around Shinjuku area and walk walk around there, but looking for other recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.