Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah there is a mountain valley which looks like a dream in spring/autumn....

which is waaay nicer than the chart :s13:

LOL, yes, been watching japan hours for years, enthralled by their Koyo programs for so long liao.

buzzmario

Reaction score
just one question, ok to stay at Kyoto and make a day trip to Universal studio in Osaka? thanks

HoloCaustx

Reaction score
Have 2 questions that need forumer's help :)

I'll be travelling with my partner.

Anyone have any idea if the Obon (Festival of souls) will result in long queues for USS? If thats the case, would it be better to skip it? Read that you can wait up to 6 hours for a ride.... we'll be in osaka from 13- 18th aug. scheduled it on 16th aug as i hope the crowd will go on 13-15th aug.

Would a constant change of hotels be a problem? it'll be mostly 1 hotel one day and we'll move on to the next one to reduce transport time.
And we are looking to try hotels on the streets (love hotels), but notice that they have late check in, so we will have to lug our luggages around, would it be difficult? Or alternatively we wont mind to deposit them in coin lockers (2 x 24inch hard luggages) if do-able.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you will get big crowds at USJ during the peak holiday season in Japan...

which means golden week and or christmas to new year season. I doubt festivals which do not feature a holiday will affect it that much.

If it was a matsuri parade u want to go and see then a crowd is always present

my main beef with USJ has been that ride queues are crazy. Not sure if that has improved or not...

I would say it is okay if you do not mind taking your stuff to another hotel and parking it at the lobby before you check in at night. This will eat into your itinerary a fair bit since you need to go to the hotel, put down your stuff and carry on with your program.

As for the love hotels, they charge hourly rates so it is not advised to do overnight stays. You and your partner are better off just doing what the "romans" do. Get a room, take your "nap" and leave :s34:

HoloCaustx

Reaction score
I think you will get big crowds at USJ during the peak holiday season in Japan...

which means golden week and or christmas to new year season. I doubt festivals which do not feature a holiday will affect it that much.

If it was a matsuri parade u want to go and see then a crowd is always present

my main beef with USJ has been that ride queues are crazy. Not sure if that has improved or not...

I would say it is okay if you do not mind taking your stuff to another hotel and parking it at the lobby before you check in at night. This will eat into your itinerary a fair bit since you need to go to the hotel, put down your stuff and carry on with your program.

As for the love hotels, they charge hourly rates so it is not advised to do overnight stays. You and your partner are better off just doing what the "romans" do. Get a room, take your "nap" and leave :s34:

:s34: :s34: oh i saw that they have rates for "overnight" stays, but check in is at 9pm or late. as we've scheduled most of the next day hotels near the attractions we intend to visit, so i think should be fine.

will it be a hassle to bring the luggage around when we explore? or are there alternatives such as using those coin deposit lockers or something :s11:

okay in that case i'll keep USS in my itinerary :)

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normal hotels/hostels will allow you to park your barang barang b4 check in timing at the lobby.

the other kind however pride themselves in being discreet. There are some that do not even feature a front desk. You interface with a machine, put in your money and a key drops out of the machine...

if you just want to try it out for the novelty a 3-4 hr package after a late night should suffice. I am one for being cheapo (TOKYOCHEAPO BANZAI!!) so I would not suggest taking overnight since their main purpose and your purpose (of using it as accommodations) is different

:D either way... I dun see why u can't use them as per "design"

cheefarn

Reaction score
normal hotels/hostels will allow you to park your barang barang b4 check in timing at the lobby.

the other kind however pride themselves in being discreet. There are some that do not even feature a front desk. You interface with a machine, put in your money and a key drops out of the machine...

if you just want to try it out for the novelty a 3-4 hr package after a late night should suffice. I am one for being cheapo (TOKYOCHEAPO BANZAI!!) so I would not suggest taking overnight since their main purpose and your purpose (of using it as accommodations) is different

:D either way... I dun see why u can't use them as per "design"

And you can get lots of RA mags, DVDs, TV shows in these love hotel too ...yum yum :D

When I was in Shinjuku with A*A back in 2008, I saw soiled panties vending machines... prob you can make use of that...:s13:

jep

Reaction score
Shinkansen

Hi, I like to ask if I need to book advance tkt for taking shinkansen? Taking from Osaka/Kyoto (hvnt decide where to take from) to Fukouka. How long does it takes to travel?

Also do they operate 24hrs? If no, what's their 1st train and last train timing?

Thanks.

yun0081

Reaction score
Just curious, why would anyone take bullet train from tokyo to osaka?
why don't go to Osaka directly?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.