HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #1981
Master Member

any recommended visitor SIM for the Kansai area?

will Bmobile visitor SIM still work?

Product Details | b-mobile VISITOR SIM

is the 3GB workable for us ?

Product Details | b-mobile PAYG Data SIM

i can make the trip to Kyoto to get it since i will be there too
U can get them to mail it to your hotel. I did that last time in osaka so when i arrive to checkin, i can use liao.
Old 16-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #1982
Great Supremacy Member

hmmm what's there at night at hiroshima ah?
dk what to do after miyajima cos it's either take the jetty straight back to my hotel (grand prince hotel, got 1 jetty right below) and it's still quite early like 6+ only...
or take the other jetty to the west side of hiroshima
Old 16-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #1983
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmmm what's there at night at hiroshima ah?
dk what to do after miyajima cos it's either take the jetty straight back to my hotel (grand prince hotel, got 1 jetty right below) and it's still quite early like 6+ only...
or take the other jetty to the west side of hiroshima

can visit hondori shopping street and eat at okonomiyaki village
Old 16-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #1984
Great Supremacy Member

hmm liddat means i go back to hotel then travel up there...alright thx~
Old 16-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #1985
Arch-Supremacy Member

U can get them to mail it to your hotel. I did that last time in osaka so when i arrive to checkin, i can use liao.
PAYG Data SIM | b-mobile

even for the 3GB plan?

i read it only says buy at Kyoto
Old 16-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #1986
Master Member

Alright, this is what happened:

We went to Shinjuku Mylord 13F okonomiyaki restaurant and had the worst service of our trips in the last decade. Here's the restaurant as reviewed at eat like a cow: Pasutakan - Mylord Shinjuku, Tokyo

Arrived at 7pm on Friday night. Only a few tables were filled. No line, no queue. The other restaurants have queues lining up.

As usual we were greeted in Japanese and we asked for a table for 3. I was given the menu and thought that as the place is empty, she can give us a table rightaway. Wrong. We were told to wait outside and give her a moment.

She looked unhappy that we were standing while waiting outside. She directed us to a bunch of chairs and told us to sit down. I was a bit puzzled and told her that we don't mind standing since no one is around anyway. She looks pissed and was quite adamant. We followed her and sat down.

By this time, my daughter was a bit cranky and played around with the chairs in the waiting area. After only like 10secs, she greeted us again in Japanese and welcomed us to come in. She saw the chairs slightly messy and told us to arrange them back. By this time, I was quite furious but still maintained my calm. I just said I don't understand and she rushed and frustratingly arranged the chairs herself. One would think it's smooth sailing all the way to the dinner table. Wrong.

She then told us that we need to order 3 main courses and 3 drinks. I told her my daughter is only 3 years old and she can't eat a lot. Again she's visually pissed and negotiated us to order 2 main courses and 3 drinks. I said ok but do you have fruit juice? No. Only coke, mocktails, etc. WTF?! I told her she cant have sugar at dinner time and negotiated for 2 main courses, 1 side order, and 2 drinks. Alright. Case closed. End of story? Wrong.

She then said that she only have a table for 2 inside. I was shocked. The place was almost empty. I told her my daughter can't be sitting too close to the hot grill! She's only 3! By this time, my blood was hotter than the grill. I said what happened to other tables? They are all empty so why can't you give us a bigger one. Without a slight of guilt, she replied they are all fully booked and reserved.

Without giving her another chance, we returned back the menu to her and walked away. I am not sure if she's a local or PRC origin but I'll never step into that place again. A pity though as the food is not bad. I also regretted not knowing her good name.
I only know they have no sharing rule - had a hard time explaining to the japanese owner of a don shop at nara or kyoto that my Muslim friend can't eat anything from the menu. At long last she finally understood. And so that was also one of the reason why I didn't eat in shops instead often buy from conbini or fast food and eat in hostel
Old 16-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #1987
Supremacy Member

Alright, this is what happened:

We went to Shinjuku Mylord 13F okonomiyaki restaurant and had the worst service of our trips in the last decade. Here's the restaurant as reviewed at eat like a cow: Pasutakan - Mylord Shinjuku, Tokyo

Arrived at 7pm on Friday night. Only a few tables were filled. No line, no queue. The other restaurants have queues lining up.

As usual we were greeted in Japanese and we asked for a table for 3. I was given the menu and thought that as the place is empty, she can give us a table rightaway. Wrong. We were told to wait outside and give her a moment.

She looked unhappy that we were standing while waiting outside. She directed us to a bunch of chairs and told us to sit down. I was a bit puzzled and told her that we don't mind standing since no one is around anyway. She looks pissed and was quite adamant. We followed her and sat down.

By this time, my daughter was a bit cranky and played around with the chairs in the waiting area. After only like 10secs, she greeted us again in Japanese and welcomed us to come in. She saw the chairs slightly messy and told us to arrange them back. By this time, I was quite furious but still maintained my calm. I just said I don't understand and she rushed and frustratingly arranged the chairs herself. One would think it's smooth sailing all the way to the dinner table. Wrong.

She then told us that we need to order 3 main courses and 3 drinks. I told her my daughter is only 3 years old and she can't eat a lot. Again she's visually pissed and negotiated us to order 2 main courses and 3 drinks. I said ok but do you have fruit juice? No. Only coke, mocktails, etc. WTF?! I told her she cant have sugar at dinner time and negotiated for 2 main courses, 1 side order, and 2 drinks. Alright. Case closed. End of story? Wrong.

She then said that she only have a table for 2 inside. I was shocked. The place was almost empty. I told her my daughter can't be sitting too close to the hot grill! She's only 3! By this time, my blood was hotter than the grill. I said what happened to other tables? They are all empty so why can't you give us a bigger one. Without a slight of guilt, she replied they are all fully booked and reserved.

Without giving her another chance, we returned back the menu to her and walked away. I am not sure if she's a local or PRC origin but I'll never step into that place again. A pity though as the food is not bad. I also regretted not knowing her good name.
I looked up tabelog... the Shinjuku branch of Pasutakan only has a score of 2.99. That score is highly mediocre.
新宿ぱすたかん - 新宿/お好み焼き [食べ*グ]
Old 16-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #1988
Master Member

can visit hondori shopping street and eat at okonomiyaki village
Yeah I ate there before, so many stores so I tried one at a corner run by 2 uncles.
Old 17-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #1989

Hachiko reunited with owner

oo, saw this article about a new statue at University of Tokyo, showing Hachiko being reunited with his owner.

worth a look if you're a fan/in the area?

Hachiko
Old 17-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #1990

Would like to check for the Narita Express train to Narita Airport, is there a area to put our luggage or we will have it beside our seat during the travelling.

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275
Old 17-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #1991
Supremacy Member

Yes, there is. =)
Old 17-03-2015, 02:53 PM   #1992

Yes, there is. =)
Okay, thats good thank you!

Oh ya, isit first come first serve usage or everyone is entitle 1 luggage space?

Old 18-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #1993
High Supremacy Member

there is an area to put your things in between the carriages

it is kinda first come first serve
Old 18-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #1994

there is an area to put your things in between the carriages

it is kinda first come first serve
Oh.. okay.
Then for the train ride, if we buy the ticket we will be allocate to a specific cabin seat? Or its like singapore mrt go in any cabin and look for seat?

Old 18-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #1995

how much do i need to spend if we are a family with 1 kid going japan? can i budget 1k for everything?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.