HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #2131
jep

Anyone been to Kobe can guide me? I like to get their city bus loop pass but where to get it? I click all the links but always show map of bus route, coupons and where to hop bus. Din indicate where to buy the 1/2/3 (etc) days pass.
Old 14-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #2132

Hi,
How do I obtain the ETC card if my car rental company doesn't provide it? Is it worth my effort getting the card since I m only driving up from Sapporo to Biei to Furano and back to Chitose Airport??
Old 15-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #2133
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone been to Kobe can guide me? I like to get their city bus loop pass but where to get it? I click all the links but always show map of bus route, coupons and where to hop bus. Din indicate where to buy the 1/2/3 (etc) days pass.
It says you buy the tix onboard the bus
http://www.kctp.co.jp/wp/wp-content/...9fdd3cf7fe.pdf
Old 15-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #2134
Master Member

hi guys, first time going to japan here.

I'll be visiting tsukiji fish market (not for the auction) next tuesday.

Would like to ask you guys, how long should I allocate for a trip there? I do know that the wholesale area is not open to public before 9am. Should I go before 9am to eat at the sushi restaurants around the area first, then explore the market and outer market?

thanks!
Old 15-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #2135

Timed Entry for Harry Potter determines the time you are allowed to enter the area. If you are just interested in Harry Potter alone, I would suggest you to go really early and run into Harry Poter area before they close the gates. If you manage to get in as the first batch right when the park open, you don't need tie time ticket. (This is what I read online, have not personally encountered it)

Otherwise, you will head to the ticket machines to get a timed-ticket to determine your entry to the Harry Potter area.

The hours of queue at Harry Potter is referring to the rides. The last time I went, the estimated waiting time ranges between 240 to 300 minutes. However, people who have personally queued for it, mention that the real wait time is usually shorter than the estimated time.. but it can also mean a 3 to 4 hours wait instead of a 4 to 5 hours wait.

The other rides in the park has queue ranging between 1 hours to 3 hours, depending on the popularity and timing of the day.

If your aim and main focus is only harry potter, I won't suggest you to buy the express pass and you can try to run in first thing in the morning and spend the whole day there and queue.

How does the timed entry for Harry Potter in USJ work? After seeing the available rides in USJ, im only interested in a few of them like 4? hence don't quite feel like getting express 5 pass. even with a timed ticket, it's still hours of queue?
Old 16-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #2136
jep

Smile Kobe

It says you buy the tix onboard the bus
http://www.kctp.co.jp/wp/wp-content/...9fdd3cf7fe.pdf
cpuer thanks a lot. Some websites cited in Japanese which I dun really understand. By the way is one day tour in Kobe enough? Or should I go for 2 days tour?
Old 20-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #2137

Any idea if Zenkoji and Togakushi Shrine can be done comfortably in a day in Nagano?
Old 20-04-2015, 06:52 PM   #2138
Master Member

How does city transport work in osaka, kyoto and tokyo?

Do they all share a similar ezlink style of card or?
Old 20-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #2139
Supremacy Member

How does city transport work in osaka, kyoto and tokyo?

Do they all share a similar ezlink style of card or?
For Kyoto, you can get a pass that offers unlimited bus trips for around 500yen. Kyoto does not have as extensive train services as Tokyo and Osaka does.

For Tokyo and Osaka, you can get a Suica/Pasmo/Icoca card which is like our EZ link card. You can use the same card got the trains and subway and even at convenience stores and vending machines.
Old 20-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #2140
Master Member

For Kyoto, you can get a pass that offers unlimited bus trips for around 500yen. Kyoto does not have as extensive train services as Tokyo and Osaka does.

For Tokyo and Osaka, you can get a Suica/Pasmo/Icoca card which is like our EZ link card. You can use the same card got the trains and subway and even at convenience stores and vending machines.
This Suica/Pasmo/Icoca card works in all the cities? Can I just buy them from automated machines or? I'm arriving in Osaka from itami airport, can i just buy from there straight? Thank you!

Qns: What is the cheapest way to get data for 2 weeks for a solo traveller? Need my google maps. Pocket wifi dosent seem to be good cost wise for that.

Is osaka/kyoto/tokyo good for walking alot during may? rather than taking the train
Old 20-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #2141
Supremacy Member

Suica/Pasmo card: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
Can buy them from automated machines.

You can buy ICOCA from Itami airport.

For data, u can rent from me. It's $5/day. Some mountainous areas not covered.

Kyoto, a lot of walking.
Osaka and Tokyo: so-so.
Old 21-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #2142
Master Member

Suica/Pasmo card: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
Can buy them from automated machines.

You can buy ICOCA from Itami airport.

For data, u can rent from me. It's $5/day. Some mountainous areas not covered.

Kyoto, a lot of walking.
Osaka and Tokyo: so-so.
thx (: do u have a thread?
so if i buy the icoca at itami, i can use it in kyoto and tokyo as well?
Old 21-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #2143
Supremacy Member

Should be able to...

The thread has been removed. if u want, can email me at learnJapaneseSG@live.com for details.

/Can
Tornesoul likes this.
Old 23-04-2015, 04:37 AM   #2144

Thinking about visiting Hakone and Fuji five lakes area (Kawaguchi), and came across the Fuji Hakone pass.

Will be setting out from Tokyo, so will be able to utilize the rail part from Shinjuku. Planning to spend a night in Hakone, then bus up to Kawaguchi the next day. From there, I will take the Fujikyu rail up to Otsuki and then on to Matsumoto (using JR East Pass).

Is the Fuji Hakone pass viable for my usage? Also, any idea if it covers the trip to shibazakura festival from Kawaguchi?

Old 24-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #2145

If I go the Uniqlo Flagship outlet at Ginza, is there any other thing for me to shop or visit at the area? I want go there see but if only Uniqlo down there for me to walk about then like not worth the time to go.

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.