HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2015, 01:57 AM   #2161
Master Member

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja is not bad. Kage82 likes to stay there.

You can take a look at this pages, use Google translate.

Asakusabashi: http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1311/A1311...?SrtT=rt&Srt=D

Bakurocho: http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1302/A1302...hd_search1&sw=
ah tabelog, wish there was an inhouse english translation on that webbie :/

thanks dimitri!
Old 27-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #2162
Supremacy Member

First trip to tokyo in october, deciding btw shinjuku & shibuya for accomodation. What is the diff and suggestions? Thanks in advance!
I personally prefer Shibuya. The main difference is the crowd, Shinjuku has more salaryman feel and since it is the world's busiest station, you may feel overwhelmed. However it is very convenient to travel around the rest of Tokyo if you are based there.

Shibuya is crowded as well but it has a much younger vibes to it. My preference for to base myself there is because I like to cafe hop in Daikanyama and Ebisu.
Old 27-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #2163
High Supremacy Member

main problem with Shinjuku and Shibuya area accommodations

the pricing...
Old 27-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #2164

the pricing...
Agree, I try to stay 1 - 2 stations away from Shinjuku or Shibuya. Something like Richmond Hotel Mejiro or Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro.

Asakusa/ Uneo/ Iriya areas too ulu for me even though its way cheaper..
Old 27-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #2165
Supremacy Member

the pricing...
The last time i book shibuya tobu hotel, it was only 90 dollars per night. This time I am staying with airbnb in Nakano which is just a stop away from Shinjuku, 44 dollars a night for a private room.
Old 27-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #2166

thanks all for the reply! guess i will go with shibuya then since i like to have the younger crowd vibe loll.
Old 27-04-2015, 08:27 PM   #2167

i am intending to get a new camera, advisable to get in SG first or purchase there maybe cheaper? *just general qns as i have not decided on which model or brand to get* but looking at sony or nikon. any disadvantages of getting electronic products in japan?

r the tokyo banana sold at the departure airport same as those we can find elsewhere in tokyo?
because i understand there is a short expiry date so no point to buy too early if they are the same.

i am looking at the transport to snow monkey park. so is this correct - JR from shinjuku to tokyo station, then take the Shinkansen to nagano, then take a dentetsu train to yudanaka station. from the station walk about 20 to 30 mins to the snow monkey park. Did i missed out any steps?

thank you!
Old 27-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #2168
Supremacy Member

Purchase there is cheaper.
I bought my camera at $750, SG selling $1119.
but everything in Japanese.

They have English models. but u need to ask...

Tokyo banana is the same. Just that i think the expiry date in airport seems to be earlier...
Old 28-04-2015, 02:53 AM   #2169

i am looking at the transport to snow monkey park. so is this correct - JR from shinjuku to tokyo station, then take the Shinkansen to nagano, then take a dentetsu train to yudanaka station. from the station walk about 20 to 30 mins to the snow monkey park. Did i missed out any steps?
Can consider taking express bus from Nagano instead, 40min to Kanbayashi Onsen which is nearer to the monkey park, the dentetsu train takes longer even on limited express I think!

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6027.html?aFROM=6000_6025

Purchase there is cheaper.
I bought my camera at $750, SG selling $1119.
but everything in Japanese.

They have English models. but u need to ask...
Any experience buying from Map Cameras? Thinking of buying a second-hand set from there also since they have a 7-day warranty for visitors
Old 28-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #2170
Supremacy Member

no... try not to buy 2nd hand. 1st hand and 2nd hand the price is quite close...
Old 28-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #2171
High Supremacy Member

i am intending to get a new camera, advisable to get in SG first or purchase there maybe cheaper? *just general qns as i have not decided on which model or brand to get* but looking at sony or nikon. any disadvantages of getting electronic products in japan?

r the tokyo banana sold at the departure airport same as those we can find elsewhere in tokyo?
because i understand there is a short expiry date so no point to buy too early if they are the same.

thank you!
plenty of tokyo bananas at the airport but potato farm always sold out. the tiongs cheong them and call them shu tiao 3 xiong di.
Old 28-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #2172
Arch-Supremacy Member

plenty of tokyo bananas at the airport but potato farm always sold out. the tiongs cheong them and call them shu tiao 3 xiong di.

hahaaa... first time hear this.
issit coz the box got picture of 3 fries?
Old 28-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #2173
Arch-Supremacy Member

thank you!

if u are getting cameras from japan, take note of a few things:
- international warranty.
- English menu. although most devices can change language, better to make sure before buying
- voltage. nowadays usually the power adaptor can be used for 110-240v. sg voltage is 240 while japan is 110. so if ur adaptor or device cannot take 240v, it may burn out. and buying a step-down adaptor is expensive, so make sure ur device is already compatible to 240v

Tokyo bananas can just get from airport. u can probably get tax free ones after the customs
Old 28-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #2174
High Supremacy Member

hahaaa... first time hear this.
issit coz the box got picture of 3 fries?
yup.
Old 28-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #2175
Supremacy Member

just found out bout it... lol

http://global.rakuten.com/zh-tw/stor...e/item/422074/
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.