HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #2251
Master Member

hi dimitri, how do i book accommodations at Shirakawa-go? Is there any you would recommend ?
Old 20-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #2252

When are you going? this period
It is fairly okay temperature. don't need to bring Jacket/Sweater/long sleeved
I remembered last year during start of May, i was only wearing my polo t shirt plus long pants without any jacket
Serious?
I read that waterproof shoe/ trekking boots are recommended? Did you wear any?
Old 21-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #2253
Arch-Supremacy Member

Serious?
I read that waterproof shoe/ trekking boots are recommended? Did you wear any?

when and which part of japan u going?
makes a big difference
Old 21-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #2254

Anyone going naruto-ten or star wars vision at roppongi, prepare more time and money haha spent the afternoon geeking out, need to change more money liao...

Old 25-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #2255

Anyone book before Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku?
The payment is when check in then pay right?
Then the price you pay is according to that day itself de rate? And not the rate when you make reservation?

Cause I email them asked they tell me if lets say I make a reservation online today for 170,000 Yen, and on that day I go I check in the rate is 180,000 I will be paying the 180,000 instead of the 170,000.

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275
Old 25-05-2015, 01:20 PM   #2256
Master Member

Anyone book before Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku?
The payment is when check in then pay right?
Then the price you pay is according to that day itself de rate? And not the rate when you make reservation?

Cause I email them asked they tell me if lets say I make a reservation online today for 170,000 Yen, and on that day I go I check in the rate is 180,000 I will be paying the 180,000 instead of the 170,000.
Yes, for most hotels in Japan the payment is during check-in in full. I've stayed there a few years ago and yes, the rate varies on a daily basis but if you reserve today at 18,000 yen on the second or third night, they will stick by it. It won't change again. IIRC, they can offer 22% discount if you're staying at least 6 nights. If you're a member, you can request late checkout at 1pm.
Old 25-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #2257

Yes, for most hotels in Japan the payment is during check-in in full. I've stayed there a few years ago and yes, the rate varies on a daily basis but if you reserve today at 18,000 yen on the second or third night, they will stick by it. It won't change again. IIRC, they can offer 22% discount if you're staying at least 6 nights. If you're a member, you can request late checkout at 1pm.
Er.. So if lets say I today book for October de, for 170k Yen.
Then October when I go I check in that day de rate is 180k Yen, which one do I pay? I will be staying for 6 nights and might get member too since its only 500 Yen and can have late check out till 1pm.

Old 25-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #2258
Master Member

Er.. So if lets say I today book for October de, for 170k Yen.
Then October when I go I check in that day de rate is 180k Yen, which one do I pay? I will be staying for 6 nights and might get member too since its only 500 Yen and can have late check out till 1pm.
You'll pay 170k yen. They will give you a confirmation email highlighting the daily rates that you'll be paying.
Old 25-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #2259
Master Member

Has anyone been to Hanayashiki next to Sensoji temple in Asakusa?

This one http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attrac...ure_Kanto.html
Old 25-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #2260

You'll pay 170k yen. They will give you a confirmation email highlighting the daily rates that you'll be paying.
Uh.. So I is pay the price which I see during the reservation of the hotel uh?
Cause I email them ask if I make a reservation today and it cost 170,000 Yen. And on the day I check in it the exchange rate make it 180,000 Yen, then I will be paying 180,000 Yen instead of 170,000 Yen and they say yes that is correct.

Cause if like this then I might as well book now cause since by then I also pay the day I check in de rate.

But if the rate I will be paying is the one which I see when making a reservation then I will slowly wait and see which week book has the lowest rate for it.

Old 25-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #2261
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cause I email them ask if I make a reservation today and it cost 170,000 Yen. And on the day I check in it the exchange rate make it 180,000 Yen, then I will be paying 180,000 Yen instead of 170,000 Yen and they say yes that is correct.

Cause if like this then I might as well book now cause since by then I also pay the day I check in de rate.

But if the rate I will be paying is the one which I see when making a reservation then I will slowly wait and see which week book has the lowest rate for it.

dun really understand. if u are paying in yen, the rate shld be fixed, nothing to do with exchange rate.

exchange rate only matters if u are paying in other currencies, e.g. using credit card. if using credit card, then it depends on the exchange rate on the day they clear the transection, as well as the admin fee that the credit card charges
Old 25-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #2262
Master Member

I can see what you mean but you're mixing 2 different things here. Your Yen rates are confirmed on the day that you confirm your booking. Payment will be made upon checkin, not before or after. Therefore your exchange rate depends on that day but you can choose to pay in cash if you feel it's more beneficial.
Old 25-05-2015, 04:41 PM   #2263

dun really understand. if u are paying in yen, the rate shld be fixed, nothing to do with exchange rate.

exchange rate only matters if u are paying in other currencies, e.g. using credit card. if using credit card, then it depends on the exchange rate on the day they clear the transection, as well as the admin fee that the credit card charges
I can see what you mean but you're mixing 2 different things here. Your Yen rates are confirmed on the day that you confirm your booking. Payment will be made upon checkin, not before or after. Therefore your exchange rate depends on that day but you can choose to pay in cash if you feel it's more beneficial.
Hmm.. Maybe I explain it in the wrong way.
What I meant is like eg. today I book the hotel for october, total it cost 170k.
Then on the day I go, the online booking price for the 6 days cost 180k. So I will have to pay the 180k instead of the price on my reservation. So in short is like I pay the newest price from the online instead of the price which I saw and booked.

But I don think any hotel in the world will charge it this way ba uh?

I think I misunderstood what the CSO was explaining to me and they also misunderstood my question cause the way I put it.

Cause I asked them "do I pay my room using the rate on the day I make the reservation or pay using the rate I check in on the day" and they tell me "Your rate is fixed using the rate of your check-in on the day".

Cause before that I ask them can I pay using sgd then they say
"Only Japanese Yen can be accepted for your payment.
Therefore it would Japanese rates as converted using the prevailing exchange rates of the day. "

So I thought like even if I book cheap now but by the time I check in the room price got higher then I will have to pay the higher price XD

Last edited by Vismark; 25-05-2015 at 04:55 PM..
Old 25-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #2264

I just booked Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku today too for my trip to Tokyo, Japan in December.

AFAIK, if you book the Hotel today with the total of 170k, you will pay that amount too when you check-in at the Hotel. It shouldn't be 180k yen. The only difference will be amt you get billed by your credit card company, due to the changing exchange rate.

As long as you have the email confirmation from the Hotel with the actual amount, you do not have to worry. Just print the confirmation email and bring in along with you on your trip.
Old 25-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #2265

I just booked Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku today too for my trip to Tokyo, Japan in December.

AFAIK, if you book the Hotel today with the total of 170k, you will pay that amount too when you check-in at the Hotel. It shouldn't be 180k yen. The only difference will be amt you get billed by your credit card company, due to the changing exchange rate.

As long as you have the email confirmation from the Hotel with the actual amount, you do not have to worry. Just print the confirmation email and bring in along with you on your trip.
Uh.. Okay. I starting also think this way until they tell me "Japanese rates as converted using the prevailing exchange rates of the day"
Cause they tell me only can pay using Yen, then I never thought of credit payment xD

I think I will wait for the exchange rate to drop to 11 then I will change roughly 2k for the hotel fee. Then go there pay using cash.
If not scare by then the exchange rate not good le.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.