HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #2266
Supremacy Member

Uh.. Okay. I starting also think this way until they tell me "Japanese rates as converted using the prevailing exchange rates of the day"
Cause they tell me only can pay using Yen, then I never thought of credit payment xD

I think I will wait for the exchange rate to drop to 11 then I will change roughly 2k for the hotel fee. Then go there pay using cash.
If not scare by then the exchange rate not good le.
when u going? and the room that u book? i check for u again...
did u count in the tax?
Old 25-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #2267
Supremacy Member

so how's the weather in September?
Old 26-05-2015, 01:04 AM   #2268
High Supremacy Member

late sept not too bad, high 20s to low 20s but Oct will be better
Old 26-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #2269
Supremacy Member

still quite hot
Old 26-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #2270

when u going? and the room that u book? i check for u again...
did u count in the tax?
I will be going on 11 and return on 17 October.

Actually I have been keeping a lookout for the room for the past month.
Trying to book the lowest price I can find.
Currently the period I want go the price is 192536Yen.
Then now the lowest price I can from now till October is during 30 Aug to 5 Sept, which only cost 167856Yen for 2x Standard Queen for 6 night.

Few weeks ago I checked the cheapest period is during Aug 2nd week.
So I'm trying to wait and see.
Its like 3 months before the period you going the price is the cheapest from what I observe so far.

So if I wait until the cheapest period I book I can get 2x queen room for a cheaper price then 2x economy. If by then queen room no more then I will just get 2x economy. Cause at first I actually is want economy cause its cheaper and just staying for sleep only. But feel that if can get a more comfortable room and average 1 person 40 bucks more still okay la. The queen room do looks more comfortable and bigger compare to the economy. Though the 40 bucks can roughly pay for me airport limousine from haneda and to narita xD

And I will change my hotel fee this few days then go there pay using cash. In case by then the rate not good. Or you guys feel that I should go there use debit card and pay off?

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275

Last edited by Vismark; 26-05-2015 at 09:39 AM..
Old 26-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #2271
Master Member

Its like 3 months before the period you going the price is the cheapest from what I observe so far.
anyone else can confirm? haha i'm waiting to book my hotels for 2nd half nov and the available rooms/hotels now are pretty ex. not what i saw when i checked for nov 2014 during 3Q14. pretty sure the price was cheaper.
Old 26-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #2272

anyone else can confirm? haha i'm waiting to book my hotels for 2nd half nov and the available rooms/hotels now are pretty ex. not what i saw when i checked for nov 2014 during 3Q14. pretty sure the price was cheaper.
My observation is only for Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, for others hotel I don know if there is any cheapest period or is it around the same price throughout.

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275
Old 26-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #2273
jep

Arrow KOBE - Nunobiki Herb Park

Has anyone been to Nunobiki Herb Park in Kobe? Was wondering how long do I need to explore the place. It seems big. Is half a day enough or need a whole day to explore?
Old 26-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #2274
Supremacy Member

the period you are booking is the Koyo Leave period..depending on where you are going..that period is usually the peak period for Koyo leave in the Kansai region....it's not surprising then the hotel rate will be at a premium....
Old 26-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #2275
Master Member

the period you are booking is the Koyo Leave period..depending on where you are going..that period is usually the peak period for Koyo leave in the Kansai region....it's not surprising then the hotel rate will be at a premium....
yup, am aware. wanna confirm if the rates differ closer to the travel dates, like i mentioned when i checked for 2014, the rates were cheaper in the 3rd quarter of 2014 compared to now, 2nd quarter.

i dunno, could be the prices increased significantly from last year to this year due to the increase in taxes and inflation etc.
Old 26-05-2015, 08:31 PM   #2276

yup, am aware. wanna confirm if the rates differ closer to the travel dates, like i mentioned when i checked for 2014, the rates were cheaper in the 3rd quarter of 2014 compared to now, 2nd quarter.

i dunno, could be the prices increased significantly from last year to this year due to the increase in taxes and inflation etc.
To play safe, you can book the hotel via free cancellation ways (booking.com etc)

If there's better rates, just book it again and cancel the old ones

Booking.com also has a match cheapest price policy which you can activate if you choose to.
Old 26-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #2277
Supremacy Member

Is there summer sales in september?
Old 27-05-2015, 12:18 AM   #2278
Master Member

Has anyone been to Nunobiki Herb Park in Kobe? Was wondering how long do I need to explore the place. It seems big. Is half a day enough or need a whole day to explore?
the one next to ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe?
half a day will do
Old 27-05-2015, 01:17 AM   #2279
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone went to sumida fireworks festival before?

Need to go how early in the day to "chope" place
Old 27-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #2280
Master Member

To play safe, you can book the hotel via free cancellation ways (booking.com etc)

If there's better rates, just book it again and cancel the old ones

Booking.com also has a match cheapest price policy which you can activate if you choose to.
got a few days in late nov for osaka, at the moment can't find any ideal and reasonably priced hotels with free cancellation. either non-refundable or prices >S$160. maybe i should just book first to play safe and continue monitoring in the meanwhile.

japanican used to have more hotels that weren't payment in advance unlike now.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.