Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

acertey

Reaction score
Buy online. =)

Universal Studio can mah? I thought it can't.

Would be great if you can share any links.

In additional, do you guys typically get the Wifi Dongle while walking around? It appears it's a lot more convenient. Was thinking to get from Sg prior to leaving.

yuihatano

Banned
Reaction score
Any advice for this as I not going to get a JR pass (will be just walking around tokyo and Oaska)

Just to confirm, this let me ride on bullet train from Tokyo to Oaska?

http://www.japanican.com/en/tour/detail/VJOPENTO1/?GN_tours

20% Discount! E-Voucher for Osaka Bullet Train Open Ticket Package & Osaka One-day Pass

This do-it-yourself Shinkansen E-Voucher gives you the freedom to decide your own schedule at an incredible bargain with round-trip non-reserved seats from Tokyo to Osaka. When purchasing the voucher, pick a date as your tentative departure date. Then, after coming to Japan, exchange the voucher for a departure date on or within one month after that date and enjoy as short as a 1-day trip to or as long as a 7-day trip to Osaka!

Required
You MUST bring the following items to exchange the E-Voucher for your actual tickets. Failure to do so could result in the exchange being refused:
• Passport (name should match that on the reservation)
• Printed copy of the first page of the JAPANiCAN.com confirmation email to be collected by JR Tokai Tours
• Printed and filled out copy of this travel application form (one per booking)
** Please note that the exchange may take around 30 minutes.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any advice for this as I not going to get a JR pass (will be just walking around tokyo and Oaska)

Just to confirm, this let me ride on bullet train from Tokyo to Oaska?

http://www.japanican.com/en/tour/detail/VJOPENTO1/?GN_tours

20% Discount! E-Voucher for Osaka Bullet Train Open Ticket Package & Osaka One-day Pass

This do-it-yourself Shinkansen E-Voucher gives you the freedom to decide your own schedule at an incredible bargain with round-trip non-reserved seats from Tokyo to Osaka. When purchasing the voucher, pick a date as your tentative departure date. Then, after coming to Japan, exchange the voucher for a departure date on or within one month after that date and enjoy as short as a 1-day trip to or as long as a 7-day trip to Osaka!

Required
You MUST bring the following items to exchange the E-Voucher for your actual tickets. Failure to do so could result in the exchange being refused:
• Passport (name should match that on the reservation)
• Printed copy of the first page of the JAPANiCAN.com confirmation email to be collected by JR Tokai Tours
• Printed and filled out copy of this travel application form (one per booking)
** Please note that the exchange may take around 30 minutes.
yes, but on non-reserved seats.

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to visit the MT Fuji mountain. May I know how could I get there from Shinjuku Station? I would be staying at Hotel Sunroute Shinjuku. In addition, What can i do at Mt Fuji Mountain? How long would it take for a trip there?

In addition, which part of japan, i can visit for a day trip. Intend to try out the JR Rail but unsure which part is good for a visit? Probably some sight seeing and shopping.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to visit the MT Fuji mountain. May I know how could I get there from Shinjuku Station? I would be staying at Hotel Sunroute Shinjuku. In addition, What can i do at Mt Fuji Mountain? How long would it take for a trip there?

In addition, which part of japan, i can visit for a day trip. Intend to try out the JR Rail but unsure which part is good for a visit? Probably some sight seeing and shopping.

these 2 websites should be able to answer most of your questions

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2172.html
http://www.fujiyama-navi.jp/fujitozan/access/page/station/lang/en/

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what do u mean by trying out JR rail? coz the Yamanote line for getting ard Tokyo is JR rail as well.

or do u mean the shinkansen (bullet train)? shinkansen are for travelling long distance and they are expensive.
from Tokyo, possible day trip using shinkansen are odawara (for hakone), saitama, or utsunomiya (for nikko). but it is going to be expensive, and the trip are not covered by passes such hakone free pass or all-nikko pass.

w3nGaL

Reaction score
Tokyo tower lights got off? around 1030pm still got light?

i go their website see got landmark light and diamond veil but not sure is it till 12am.

yuihatano

Banned
Reaction score
if i arrive at 4.40am in Haneda, how do i reach my hotel at

Tokyo Plaza Hotel
2-15-1 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan 169-0073

should i take the airport bus or the subway?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i arrive at 4.40am in Haneda, how do i reach my hotel at

Tokyo Plaza Hotel
2-15-1 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan 169-0073

should i take the airport bus or the subway?

ur hotel seems to be near shin-okubo station, which is a station away from Shinjuku station. not sure if airport bus goes there.

check whether the airport bus stops near ur hotel. airport bus is slightly more expensive, but if it can stop near ur hotel, it will save u the hassle of changing train if u go buy subway/train. else just go by train

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Check out Fujikyu buses ot Keio buses. They have direct bus to Fuji 5th station passing through Kawaguchiko. They depart from Shinjuku. Takes around 2.5hrs to reach.

For day trips, you can try a few. Hakone is a popular one, Kawaguchiko is quite popular as well. Depends on the season you are going, you can try Hitachi Kaihin Koen in Ibaraki. Then there are Nikko, Nagano etc but 1 day may be very tight.

Last edited:

mngedo

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need advice on what type of transport pass i should get while in Osaka/Kyoto for cost effective travelling.

The major distance will be from Osaka to Kyoto via Hankyu line.
Umeda to Kawaramachi station (400 Yen one way)

and in Kyoto for 1 day mainly using the subway to Arashiyama (220 Yen) and Fushimi Inari Shrine (210 Yen)

Does the Kyoto City Subway One-day Pass cover the above and including the returning back to Osaka if all within the day?

Many thanks!!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need advice on what type of transport pass i should get while in Osaka/Kyoto for cost effective travelling.

The major distance will be from Osaka to Kyoto via Hankyu line.
Umeda to Kawaramachi station (400 Yen one way)

and in Kyoto for 1 day mainly using the subway to Arashiyama (220 Yen) and Fushimi Inari Shrine (210 Yen)

Does the Kyoto City Subway One-day Pass cover the above and including the returning back to Osaka if all within the day?

Many thanks!!

If you want to cover wider, this is the pass
http://www.surutto.com/tickets/kansai_thru_english.html

Work out the individual ride costs and compare to this pass. If lower than you should just simply get ICOCA for osaka-kyoto rides and within Kyoto can just get their bus passes.

boopit

Reaction score
going tokyo in dec, was thinking 14-21, is it a good time? like can see autumn leaves bo or too late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.