HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #2311

considering kodai-ji and kiyomizu-dera but in that case, i may drop them for my day visit. i have read of ppl doing day+night for the same place during the same trip. guess it's a very diff experience but then again, temple fatigue?

any thoughts or recommendation? should i be there when they open or 1 hr+ before closing? i will have 4 days in kyoto. will be avoiding weekends in any case.
There's quite a few temples for autumn night viewing. Eikando is one of them. Don't need to go back the one you visited in the day.

4 days quite easy to get temple fatigue if you're just looking at the cultural part of Kyoto.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #2312
jep

the one next to ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe?
half a day will do
Thanks for answering my question Now I can plan the rest of my trip
Old 05-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #2313

can i ask for JR kanto pass,can i make reservation online and collect on da same day? Thanks
Old 05-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #2314
Master Member

There's quite a few temples for autumn night viewing. Eikando is one of them. Don't need to go back the one you visited in the day.

4 days quite easy to get temple fatigue if you're just looking at the cultural part of Kyoto.
got one more temple to reco for night illumination other than eikando?

or should i visit either kodai-ji and kiyomizu-dera for night illumination and replace it with another temple/shrine for my day visit?

i plan to go to Yasaka, Heian and Nanzenji as well for eastern kyoto since some are in the same vicinity.

how about chion-in and shoren-in? shoren-in's entrance fee for night illumination is ex but read some comments on JG that it is not that impressive as a lot of "laser lights" are used. not sure what that means.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #2315
High Supremacy Member

i am arriving at kansai airport at 9 am. I think by the time i get to shin imamiya and dump all my luggage it will be around 11 am. Is there still any point going to nara park to see deer on the same day? Will Nara park take up a full half day? What other things can I do on the same day to make good use of time?

My plans for other days are vising the osaka aquarium and otaku shopping near den den town but I can reschedule if it is better to do them on this short day.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #2316
Master Member

i am arriving at kansai airport at 9 am. I think by the time i get to shin imamiya and dump all my luggage it will be around 11 am. Is there still any point going to nara park to see deer on the same day? Will Nara park take up a full half day? What other things can I do on the same day to make good use of time?

My plans for other days are vising the osaka aquarium and otaku shopping near den den town but I can reschedule if it is better to do them on this short day.
My trip to Nara took a good 4hrs including of travelling time from Osaka. No rush, just a comfortable walking pace while stopping frequently to take photos of the deer and giving them biscuits.

TIP: If you intend to feed them biscuits, be careful not to open the whole packet in front of htem as they will all rush towards you. Open the package behind your back while facing them to "control" the crowd.
marc2002 likes this.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #2317

got one more temple to reco for night illumination other than eikando?

or should i visit either kodai-ji and kiyomizu-dera for night illumination and replace it with another temple/shrine for my day visit?

i plan to go to Yasaka, Heian and Nanzenji as well for eastern kyoto since some are in the same vicinity.

how about chion-in and shoren-in? shoren-in's entrance fee for night illumination is ex but read some comments on JG that it is not that impressive as a lot of "laser lights" are used. not sure what that means.
List of night illuminated temples below.. along with other popular daytime sites.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3953.html

I think can try one temple for Night illumination first before going to the others
Old 05-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #2318
Arch-Supremacy Member

nara will take more than half a day if u are visiting the temples, deer park and palace.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #2319
Supremacy Member

if you are just going to Nara Park to feed the deer it would be pretty fast.....you can even pop in for a visit at Todaiji..shoudn't take you more than 3hrs...but Nara City has a lot more places to see and explore than the 2places mentioned above....so although most people go to Nara mainly to feed the deer and see Todaiji...most stay for the day to see and explore secondary sights...

Osaka Aquarium will only take up half a day...there's even time to board the Santa Maria and do a cruise around Osaka Bay...u can fit Den Den Town in the second half of the day....the shops will be open till night....
Old 05-06-2015, 05:01 PM   #2320
High Supremacy Member

i read somewhere that many shops in denden close around 6 pm. So they close later?

What else is there to do in nara if i'm not really interested in the temples? Seems like most are temples and palace and the mountain.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #2321
Master Member

What else is there to do in nara if i'm not really interested in the temples? Seems like most are temples and palace and the mountain.
can just visit the deer park which is what i did. experience was worthwhile for me despite the 2 hours to/fro kyoto. you can do uji/fushimi inari/tofukuji before nara but those are also temples lol. otherwise the kintetsu nara has some shops/streets i think.

Last edited by saffronsatire; 05-06-2015 at 05:31 PM..
Old 05-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #2322
High Supremacy Member

you can walk into any JR office, flash your passport to buy the kanto pass.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #2323
High Supremacy Member

kanto pass is for tokyo side right
not osaka side
Old 05-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #2324
Arch-Supremacy Member

kanto pass is for tokyo side right
not osaka side
yup, osaka is in kansai, not in kanto region
Old 08-06-2015, 03:10 AM   #2325
Supremacy Member

Any major events or festivals in Kyoto during 27-30 of November??

The hotels for double occupancy are so limited and expensive....!! Or because I am looking for it too early??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.