Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which part of Otaru is this Old Temiya Line located?

o5.jpg

Source

true form

Reaction score
I'm happy to see such a thread as I need some advice on shipping from Singapore to Japan-Tokyo. Sending items to a residential address (apartment).

Items:
-some books (up to 10kg)
-apple iphone and ipod
-large (40cm tall) and small softtoys, total (up to 5kg)

Considerations:
-not urgent, can take 1 week or so, send by this year
-delivery to home, need people to take parcel? or how?
-need insurance? from where?
-any other limitations in Japan? we all know they a lot procedures and ley chey sometimes.

May I know what's the best shipping?

I checked UPS/DHL/Fedex, seems like only UPS price most reasonable, DHL/Fedex can cost up to $250 while UPS is under $200 for a same shipment.
Speedpost is cheaper, seems quite good too, similar shipping will cost $130 or so.

I was also thinking since softtoy not urgent I can bring over when I go Japan next year. Books and iphone have to ship by this year 2015.

I can separate the books and iphone shipment into 2 different occasions.

Feel free to ask any other questions that you might need.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to see such a thread as I need some advice on shipping from Singapore to Japan-Tokyo. Sending items to a residential address (apartment).

Items:
-some books (up to 10kg)
-apple iphone and ipod
-large (40cm tall) and small softtoys, total (up to 5kg)

Considerations:
-not urgent, can take 1 week or so, send by this year
-delivery to home, need people to take parcel? or how?
-need insurance? from where?
-any other limitations in Japan? we all know they a lot procedures and ley chey sometimes.

May I know what's the best shipping?

I checked UPS/DHL/Fedex, seems like only UPS price most reasonable, DHL/Fedex can cost up to $250 while UPS is under $200 for a same shipment.
Speedpost is cheaper, seems quite good too, similar shipping will cost $130 or so.

I was also thinking since softtoy not urgent I can bring over when I go Japan next year. Books and iphone have to ship by this year 2015.

I can separate the books and iphone shipment into 2 different occasions.

Feel free to ask any other questions that you might need.

Thanks!

For shipping, I have used Yamato Transport. They are alright. Give them a call or an email. They will advise you accordingly.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask which good and budget portable internet should I get for a 14 days trip in Japan? Only for 2-3 devices. Thanks!

Reaction score
is gotemba outlet a must to go?

imo it's nothing fantastic. went to gotemba premium outlet but still it's very subjective. think the only good buy i got was the michael kors tote bag at 50% off.

went there as i joined a day trip to mt fuji and for onsen as well.

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask which good and budget portable internet should I get for a 14 days trip in Japan? Only for 2-3 devices. Thanks!

i used japan-wireless for my trip two weeks back and it was around $70 for 10 days. connection was good and battery last for at least 10 hours, they give external 2200mah charger for the device. i posted some photos few pages back.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may i know how is the weather there now? is it very very dry? Thanks

Weather in Kyoto - raining these few days. Very warm and wet today, it was about 22 deg in the midday sun and then easing into the high 17s in the evening rain. Very humid, 80% on my hygrometer.

Temp is forecasted to fall by the end of this week. Nighttime might drop till 11-12. Daytime is still around 20 though.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to cover Fuji Q highland and Gotemba outlet in one day? Or better to stay overnight at Kawaguchiko?

damnedinblack

Reaction score
hi. i'll be touching down KIX airport on this saturday noon.
just wondering if anyone can advise if purchasing duty free items is available after arrival? TIA!

acertey

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Wanted a run a check, if I had a 1 free day in Osaka, would you recommend to go to Kyoto?

I was thinking along the lines of
Nara Park
Rinku Premium Outlets
dotonbori osaka

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros,

Wanted a run a check, if I had a 1 free day in Osaka, would you recommend to go to Kyoto?

I was thinking along the lines of
Nara Park
Rinku Premium Outlets
dotonbori osaka
Kyoto is a good place to go.
Standard route

Kiyomizudera->Fushimi Inari->Gion at night

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the recommendable 1 day kyoto itinerary? i would love arashiyama be part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.