Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #2371
High Supremacy Member

You can shinkansen between Osaka & Tokyo

take a flight to Hokkaido
Old 22-06-2015, 09:49 AM   #2372
Greater Supremacy Member

Buy a costume and go to Amemura or Dotonbori on the 31st Oct. Bath in their Halloween. You will see almost everyone in costume.
R the costumes expensive? Where is the good place to hoot?
Just got back from Japan.
I used Kansai Wide Area Pass to visit Kurashiki, Nara, Kobe, Himeji and Kyoto.
One day for one place.
Naturally, we did not cover EVERYTHING but it was nice to visit some of the landmarks.
Thanks. Gonna use it as reference
u cant cover all the places i have listed. have to decide which ones u want to go to.
for example, u can use the kansai-hiroshima pass to visit hiroshima, miyajima, okayama and kurashiki. or use kansai wide to visit kinosaki, okayama and kurshiki. or spend all 5 days in kumano region
Thanks man, ps keep bugging u

Old 22-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #2373

hi my family are vegetarian is it convenient to get vegetarian on the jr train for tokyo to sapporo?
Old 22-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #2374

Hi All,

when they says the car comes with "The notation of GPS is only Japanese but the sound guidance in English."

is it hard to navigate with the GPS?.. Am renting from https://www.jrh-rentacar.com/

Is it the same for most of the car rental companies?
Old 22-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #2375

Hi All,

when they says the car comes with "The notation of GPS is only Japanese but the sound guidance in English."

is it hard to navigate with the GPS?.. Am renting from https://www.jrh-rentacar.com/

Key is to get the mapcode of the place you want to go (believe all car rental firms should give u a sheet of paper with the codes of popular destinations). I rented from Toyota-rent a car previously, very easy to drive around in Hokkaido (except maybe in Sapporo during rush hour). Navigating also quite easy cos you usually just follow main expressway.
Old 22-06-2015, 11:19 PM   #2376
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

GPS menu is usually in japanese. but it is still ok even if u dunno any jap. just get the rental company stuff to show u how to enter the destination.
sound is in english, meaning the the GPS will tell u to "turn left", "turn right" in english.

GPS is easy to use. just need to find the mapcode or telephone number of the place u are going. japanese gps can use tel no. to identify location.
Old 23-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #2377
Master Member

kobe: shin-kobe ropeway v rokko cablecar

experience and view between the two, are they very diff?
Old 23-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #2378

Hi all,

Where can I buy Yukata? Going to the following places next month.

Hiroshima
Okayama
Kurashiki
Osaka
Old 23-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #2379
Supremacy Member

R the costumes expensive? Where is the good place to hoot?
The price depends on what kind of costume you want. Average around 50-80 bucks can get something decent. On the actual day you can also visit Tokyu Hand cos they got people stationed there to do Halloween makeup. Cost around 20bucks or so if i am not wrong.
Old 23-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #2380
High Supremacy Member

hi my family are vegetarian is it convenient to get vegetarian on the jr train for tokyo to sapporo?
it depends on your strictness and requirements

it would not exactly be easy
Old 24-06-2015, 09:31 AM   #2381
Master Member

Quick question guys. Im going hakone like within these few days. http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romance...table/a01.html . Am I right to say 1st train to hakone from shinjuku is train 201 at 7am? And last train is 146 going back shinjuku 20.57pm?
Old 24-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #2382
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quick question guys. Im going hakone like within these few days. http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romance...table/a01.html . Am I right to say 1st train to hakone from shinjuku is train 201 at 7am? And last train is 146 going back shinjuku 20.57pm?

base on ur website, the last direct train back from Hakone-Yumoto departs at 19:46 and arrives at 21:18. this is for weekdays schedule.

I did a search on hyperdia and the results are the same.

there are later trains from Hakone-Yumoto, but u will need to transfer at Odawara.
Old 24-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #2383
Arch-Supremacy Member

What are some must-buys in Japan? Or hokkaido to be more specific.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #2384
Master Member

base on ur website, the last direct train back from Hakone-Yumoto departs at 19:46 and arrives at 21:18. this is for weekdays schedule.

I did a search on hyperdia and the results are the same.

there are later trains from Hakone-Yumoto, but u will need to transfer at Odawara.
hmmm means last train back to shinjuku from hakone yumoto departs at 19.46.. okok thanks evilerniex. still very confusingbut ill find my way i guess . with the trains and freepasses. thanks alot! appreciate it
Old 24-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #2385
High Supremacy Member

What are some must-buys in Japan? Or hokkaido to be more specific.
Hokkaido normal list of omiyage is Royce chocolate, potatoes farm, shiro koibito. There are other very nice confectioneries as well
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.