HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #2416

oct is peak season for autumn leaves in Kyushu. cheap and good accom may be hard find.
Kyoto accom are usually fully booked months in advance for autumn leaves season. while Kyushu is not as popular a tourist destination as Kyoto, it is still quite risky not to book in advance. not point wasting time driving around searching for accom.
to make things flexible, maybe u can book those with free cancellations. so at least have something to fall back on
Hi evilerniex,
Thanks for the advice. This is what I need to convince my friend.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #2417

will there be snow ard next year FEB ?
Old 10-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #2418
Zr

hm... without Hakone Owakudani. is it still worth to make a 1day trip to hakone?
Old 11-07-2015, 10:31 AM   #2419
High Supremacy Member

Might as well wait till the place is fully open to visitors.

Kinugawa, Nikko or Kamakura make good side trips too. You can also consider karuizawa
Old 11-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #2420

Anybody knows which are the hotels in Tokyo where the concierge can help to make restaurant reservations at the hard to get places?
Old 11-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #2421
High Supremacy Member

Anybody knows which are the hotels in Tokyo where the concierge can help to make restaurant reservations at the hard to get places?
Generally all 5 stars hotels got concierge for such stuff (Those usual names Mandarin Oriental, Park Hyatt, Conrad, Four Season, Shangri-La, Tokyo Station, Imperial, Peninsula, Ritz Carlton, Andaz etc etc)
There are a few 4 stars places which provide such services.

But for hard to get places, best is get top few hotels with well connected concierges
Old 11-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #2422

Hey guys,

I have some questions here on mobile access
  • Any mobile Wifi to recommend?
  • Will the signal in furano and biei be bad with other telecoms other than docomo and softbank?
  • Is it advisable to get the mobile wifi or sim cards directly at chitose airport ?
  • Heard about ninja wifi and advance mobile? is the coverage in furano area ok?
  • As for sim cards? should we buy at chitose airport or order on the website first? Any recommendation?
Old 11-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #2423

Generally all 5 stars hotels got concierge for such stuff (Those usual names Mandarin Oriental, Park Hyatt, Conrad, Four Season, Shangri-La, Tokyo Station, Imperial, Peninsula, Ritz Carlton, Andaz etc etc)
There are a few 4 stars places which provide such services.

But for hard to get places, best is get top few hotels with well connected concierges
Thanks for the tips. Any personal experience yourself? I used voyagin to help last time but fees have gone up to $35usd per booking, and if booking a few, would come up to about the same if I were to book a better hotel.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #2424
High Supremacy Member

Thanks for the tips. Any personal experience yourself? I used voyagin to help last time but fees have gone up to $35usd per booking, and if booking a few, would come up to about the same if I were to book a better hotel.
Myself i got Japanese native to help me book restaurants. (Why pay to book seats? mine is free service maybe get omiyage) - Even calling to Japan and book yourself cost much less, I tried before in the past when the restaurant mentioned they got English Speaker.

Only those super tricky one then i will use concierge.
Last time I use Ryumeikan and they got me seats in Mizutani(2 Stars now) and Yoshitake(3 Stars).

My next trip, I will be staying Tokyo Station Hotel and i will request Jiro(3 Stars), Saito(3 Stars) and Torishiki (Super hard Yakitori place).
Old 11-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #2425

Hi, m planning 7-8 days trip to Japan in Feb.
Tokyo + ???
What I can cover along with Tokyo? And which area to stay in Tokyo?
!! I am not interested in visiting historical places !!

Heard about Gala resort for skiing..
Old 13-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #2426
Zr

Is it easy to secure a big locker at shinjuku? Due to unable to chk in luggage as Airbnb host cannot allow me until 3pm chk in. While I reach at 9am. Any good suggestions? =(
Old 13-07-2015, 10:14 PM   #2427

would you suggest to go on tour or on own for traveling in jp?
Old 13-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #2428

What would you think is a must visit in Tokyo?
Old 14-07-2015, 12:50 AM   #2429
Supremacy Member

Hi, m planning 7-8 days trip to Japan in Feb.
Tokyo + ???
What I can cover along with Tokyo? And which area to stay in Tokyo?
!! I am not interested in visiting historical places !!

Heard about Gala resort for skiing..
If you die die must stay in Tokyo, then there is not really a lot of other places you can go to since it is winter. You can travel west to yamanashi area and visit places like kawaguchiko. Or you can travel up to tochigi, nikko or ibaraki. Tbh 7-8 days i will suggesy you just stay in Tokyo.
Old 14-07-2015, 01:57 AM   #2430

Is it easy to secure a big locker at shinjuku? Due to unable to chk in luggage as Airbnb host cannot allow me until 3pm chk in. While I reach at 9am. Any good suggestions? =(
yes big locker quite easy to get. and theres a place in harajuku can store ur luggage and use lounge facilities (massage chair / shower etc.) my airbnb host showed me. pm me if u need
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.