Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

onitsuka_1

Reaction score
Hmm any idea when will the Fuji shibazakura festival be for 2016? Intending to go 3rd week of April but hope to catch it!

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U sure u wanna ski at the period u mentioned? Snow powder not thick, dangerous to ski, earlier this year my Sakura trip which same period as you mentioned, I have seen full bloom Sakura tree, it's all depend weather/luck.

I greedy, I want ski and also want see flowers :(

I can't seem to find a website that gives report on when is the best time to ski. Most websites just give a general statement that peak period is between December to March. So I assume 22 march should be fine. And march is not school holidays for them. So I think it's good to go.

I think the best is go slightly earlier than 22 march and maybe Hokkaido or somewhere further up north to ski.. Otherwise confirm can't see peach blossoms.

raymondliu

Reaction score
Many thanks for the information.

I have a second question. Would it be okay to bring power bank up to the plane from Singapore and vice versa.

I intend to bring 3x 16000 xiaomi power bank and x6 1000 dslr battery.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
With security situation, is there need to arrive at changi and haneda earlier than normal to check in? Going Saturday for a week.

even if not security situation also have to go there early, i was 3.5hrs earlier of the departure time

even in japan also have train delays. stucked at hineno for 40min-1hr :s22:
PogzzwW.jpg

Last edited:

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi TS,

this is regarding itinerary. I have not come up with a detailed itinerary yet, because i want to hear some suggestions from you guys if i may regarding the following:

i will be travelling to japan with my gf from 29dec - 9 jan.
from 29dec - 3 jan will be at tokyo, then 3 jan - 7 jan will be at osaka/kyoto, and 7-9jan back to tokyo.

first leg of the trip at tokyo:
1. what is a good place to countdown to the new year?

2. i see many sample itineraries at the other itinerary thread, noticed many people going to disneysea instead of disneyland. why? i've been to disneyland in HK, are those 2 places the same thats why people are opting to go disneysea instead?

3. lets say (though i dont think we'll do it) that we want to go skiing and we know nuts about skiing, is there a place in tokyo where we can go?

4. how about mt fuji? i dont intend to climb it (i'll die of exhaustion), but just maybe get close to it or even just step on it. how do we go about doing that? i have never seen snow in my entire life and i hope to bump into some snow there.

for osaka/kyoto and the return leg back to tokyo, guess we'll just stick to sightseeing and eating and shopping basically. not intending to go USJ.

thanks in advance for your valued opinion.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS,

this is regarding itinerary. I have not come up with a detailed itinerary yet, because i want to hear some suggestions from you guys if i may regarding the following:

from 29dec - 3 jan will be at tokyo, then 3 jan - 7 jan will be at osaka/kyoto, and 7-9jan back to tokyo.

2. i see many sample itineraries at the other itinerary thread, noticed many people going to disneysea instead of disneyland. why? i've been to disneyland in HK, are those 2 places the same thats why people are opting to go disneysea instead?

3. lets say (though i dont think we'll do it) that we want to go skiing and we know nuts about skiing, is there a place in tokyo where we can go?

4. how about mt fuji? i dont intend to climb it (i'll die of exhaustion), but just maybe get close to it or even just step on it. how do we go about doing that? i have never seen snow in my entire life and i hope to bump into some snow there.

for osaka/kyoto and the return leg back to tokyo, guess we'll just stick to sightseeing and eating and shopping basically. not intending to go USJ.

since you make a round trip for Tokyo-Osaka/Kyoto-Tokyo, its best that you get the 7 days JR pass. You can go Yuzawa on your 8th Jan. High chance you can play some snow there.

http://www.e-yuzawa.gr.jp/english/index.html

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS,

1. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2276.html
u can join the crowd shrines such as meiji shrine. or maybe go to some pubs/clubs for countdown

2. disneysea is unique, only one in the world, whereas there are many Disneyland ard. many rides in Disneyland are common throughout the world. Disneyland also cater more to children, whereas the rides in disneysea are more adult orientated.

3. Tokyo doesn't snow much, so there is no ski resorts. u will need to head out to places like mt Fuji or gala yuzawa for skiing

4. u can head to lake kawaguchi for view of mt Fuji. then go up to fifth station if u want to set foot on mt fuji

onitsuka_1

Reaction score
Quick question: to travel to Otsuki station using JR chuo line and the Fujikyu Railway line to Kawaguchiko station station will it be covered if I only use SUICA or PASMO?and can SUICA or PASMO take the buses in Fuji?if it's covered though, u all think more worth it to buy the 5600JPY Mount Fuji round trip ticket instead? :s12:

joeson

Reaction score
Many thanks for the information.

I have a second question. Would it be okay to bring power bank up to the plane from Singapore and vice versa.

I intend to bring 3x 16000 xiaomi power bank and x6 1000 dslr battery.

put power bank in carry on safer. Fren and I flew to Taiwan on Scoot, then he put his power bank in the checked in luggage and we prepared to board the plane. Then the check in counter person announced his name; turned out that the security checked that his power bank was not supposed to be in the luggage.

kel82

Reaction score
For mt Fuji, should go free and easy or take package better? Looking at a day trip there and back

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
Many thanks, I will search for another solution.

Believe the rule only applies to check in luggage

Hand carry is acceptable.

They do not apply to lithium batteries in devices. Only lithium batteries packed by themselves in check in luggage.

The problem is two cargo 747s were lost due to thermal runaway in a large shipment of lithium battery. One lithium battery thermal runaway is not a big deal, each battery has sufficiently designed safeguards to prevent explosion.

But in a large densely packed shipping pallet or container, thermal runaway means the heat from one thermal runaway can cascade and become a extremely hot, extremely fast burning fire. Cannot extinguish before halon systems kick in

Six dslr and 3 powerbanks on one person will be very suspicious. But if you spread them across the group and explain, you will be fine.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if umbrella can carry on to plane?

i saw a lot of very nice umbrellas in kyoto ( full size type) but i want to buy but i dun dare to check in 1 single umbrella haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.