Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello TS, any interesting place to visit in kamakura?

Kamakura is a small town with lots of interesting shops and eating places. Very much like the towns you see in Japan hour. There's lots of temples if you're into them.

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
wan to plan a trip to japan. But can't decide where to start. Juz wan to ask if I'm interested to go to those country side like farm hse etc. where should i go?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello TS, any interesting place to visit in kamakura?

Kamakura got the famous Great Buddha in Kotokuin Temple.

There is also the Hasedera Temple nearby.

Tsurugaoka Hachimangu also pretty impressive.

Got five great Zen Temples. (Kenchoji, Engakuji,Jufukuji, Jochiji etc)

:vijayadmin:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wan to plan a trip to japan. But can't decide where to start. Juz wan to ask if I'm interested to go to those country side like farm hse etc. where should i go?

for countryside, u probably wanna go hokkaido.
however, note that it may be a bit harder to get around the countryside as transportation is limited and there are lesser english signs around. if it is ur first time to japan u may want to stick to big cities to familiarise urself with getting around japan.

coldkey

Reaction score
One question on the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, would it be possible to complete it within one day instead of staying overnight in Murodo?

I am planning to take Twilight Express and it has a stop at Toyama at 8am in the morning. I am debating whether to stay overnight at Murodo or head for Shinano-Ōmachi Station and either for train to Matsumoto (Last train at 2150).

solarwings

Reaction score

First decide which part of Japan you wanna go and when(which season)...many areas have their own specialty; fruits and flowers grow during certain times of the year(eg. the lavender fields in Furano bloom in summer)

fenniiee

Reaction score
going to tokyo in nov and i'm looking for hotels to accommodate 3 ppl in a room. Any hotel to recommend? and which area would be more accessible?

Deathskull88

Reaction score
I stayed in Hotel New Ueno last April, the Japanese style room for 3 ppl, is quite small, barely enough space to contain us(3 adults) and our luggage but location is very near Ueno station. The station where the Keisei Skyliner is is slightly further away, about 5 mins walk more. Price pretty good imo, for the location, about 240sgd(Fx rate was 65yen/sgd then)

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going to tokyo in nov and i'm looking for hotels to accommodate 3 ppl in a room. Any hotel to recommend? and which area would be more accessible?

I booked hotel in shinjuku, it's located more in central Tokyo so it's good for travelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.