HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2015, 12:31 PM   #2731
Arch-Supremacy Member

But I going with Family leh, so if I go I will go in with my dad, while my gf will go in with my mum.
Paiseh sia haha, but will consider first cause never went before also.
If they don mind pay that price go in maybe see see and soak leg I'm fine with it too.
I agree, the embarrassment is with someone you know, not strangers.You can overcome it by taking turns to go in. bro, don't let embarrassment stop you. Must go for at least one. But once you overcome the first one, you will want to go for more.

If lack of time and must go in at the same time, then choose those large onsen like the one at Odaiba, you can actually get lost inside and wont get to bump into someone you know. But I encourage you to at least go in with your dad, bonding in the buff is something you will treasure.

BTW, don't waste money if you plan to go in soak leg only as the first thing you will do is undress. The only piece of cloth u allow to carry inside is a small face towel(bring your own). And there are lots of free leg onsen around, so don't pay to soak legs only. My 2c.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #2732

I agree, the embarrassment is with someone you know, not strangers.You can overcome it by taking turns to go in. bro, don't let embarrassment stop you. Must go for at least one. But once you overcome the first one, you will want to go for more.

If lack of time and must go in at the same time, then choose those large onsen like the one at Odaiba, you can actually get lost inside and wont get to bump into someone you know. But I encourage you to at least go in with your dad, bonding in the buff is something you will treasure.

BTW, don't waste money if you plan to go in soak leg only as the first thing you will do is undress. The only piece of cloth u allow to carry inside is a small face towel(bring your own). And there are lots of free leg onsen around, so don't pay to soak legs only. My 2c.
Exactly! Is pai seh when with someone you know and not a stranger. Haha

Uh, so even soak leg only need to be undress too ar?
Hmm.. like this must think think liao. Is want to go in see see but price abit high, if not using those onsen or what.

https://www.samplestore.com/r/119275

Last edited by Vismark; 10-09-2015 at 02:29 PM..
Old 10-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #2733
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha ya lor is pai seh when with someone you know and not stranger.

Uh, so even soak leg only need to be undress too ar?
Hmm.. like this must think think liao. Is want to go in see see but price abit high, if not using those onsen or what.
Or sento lo, less than 500 yen. But it's just a public bath & same naked requirement like onsen.

Or during your family doing something else like shopping, you can go to a nearby sento/onsen. That's what I did. My travelling mates didn't like it though they have tried once, but I got hooked so whenever they go shopping and doing anything I don't like, i'd google or asked about neighborhood sento/onse for a dip. It killed times and soothe my tired body, 1 stone 2 birds.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #2734
Arch-Supremacy Member

Doing last min trip to Tokyo and hence need all the advice I can get in the shortest possible time so apologies if I'm asking questions that might have been discussed previously.

Hakone
I was recommended to do Hakone for a day trip and Was told I can take Romance Car from Shinjuku to Hakone. I do have a few questions thou.

1. Can anyone advise where should I take the Romance car in Shinjuku?
2. What are the must see/do in Hakone? Is it difficult to move around in Hakone itself? Or should I just buy the Hakone freepass?

Suggested Itinerary

18 Sep (Fri) Arrive narita airport at around 4pm. Walk around Shinjuku / Shibuya / Ginza
19 Sep (Sat) Tsukiji Mkt / Ginza area / Shinjuku or Shibuya area
20 Sep (Sun) Shinjuku / Shibuya / Harajuku / Meiji Shrine
21 Sep (Mon) Day Trip to Mt Fuji / Hakone Area
22 Sep (Tue) Asakusa area / Sensoji Temple / Tokyo Skytree / Ueno
23 Sep (Wed) Akibahara / Odaiba before going to airport at 3pm

Does this itinerary makes sense? Will it be possible to squeeze in the nissin cup museum at Yokohama?

1. romance car is the name of the limited express train to hakone. as with other train, just follow the signs to the correct platform for the train.
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romancecar/

2. certain area is current closed due to seismic activities. for the other places, u can calculate and see if getting the hakone free pass is worth it
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.h...tion_whatToSee

ur itinerary looks a bit packed on some days.
18 sep: by the time u clear customs, get to Tokyo and check-in hotel, it is probably dinner time. so u dun have much time to explore so many places. just stick to ur hotel area
21 sep: mt Fuji and hakone within a day is too rush. either stay a night at hakone, or just skip mt Fuji. hakone will give u a good view of mt Fuji already.
23 sep: if ur flight is at 3pm, u will need to leave for airport before noon coz it takes about 1hr to get from Tokyo to narita. u wun have time to go akiba and odaiba. shops in akiba usually opens only at 11am, so u cant go too early also.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #2735

But I going with Family leh, so if I go I will go in with my dad, while my gf will go in with my mum.
Paiseh sia haha, but will consider first cause never went before also.
If they don mind pay that price go in maybe see see and soak leg I'm fine with it too.
i going Kyoto and Tokyo next week with my cousin. She also pai seh to go try onsen so I might go alone since wan experience at least once. Maybe you can jus go with ur GF la, then plan other activities for your parents to do. Haha
Old 10-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #2736
Arch-Supremacy Member

i going Kyoto and Tokyo next week with my cousin. She also pai seh to go try onsen so I might go alone since wan experience at least once. Maybe you can jus go with ur GF la, then plan other activities for your parents to do. Haha
takes turn to go in, this works.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:22 PM   #2737
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anything interesting at nihonbashi? Marunochi can see those old buildings, anything else? Going to that area for dinner and stroll around after I check-in hotel. Will start at either Kanda or Tokyo then walk over.
I like international forum building when it's lighted up at night.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #2738

Hi bro,

wanted to ask also similar to this, CO give impromptu again. Is there a place where kids can play snow, and there is a ryokan with private osen? Mine is a family of 4, i was wondering around mount fuji?
Sorry about this, would appreciate any recommendations. CO was considering Hakone?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:37 PM   #2739
Supremacy Member

Hakone is currently dangerous due to erupting volcano.
Also, u didn't state when you are going.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #2740

Hi bro, sorry about that.

I will be leaving Singapore 6th dec, and would be there for about 2 weeks.

Initial plan was to stay in tokyo for 3-4 days then travel to osaka, kyoto for 3 days, Ryokan for 1 night and then back to Tokyo...
Old 11-09-2015, 12:22 AM   #2741
Supremacy Member

i don't think u can find snow so early. see below.

https://translate.google.com/transla...htm&edit-text=
Old 11-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #2742

1. romance car is the name of the limited express train to hakone. as with other train, just follow the signs to the correct platform for the train.
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romancecar/

2. certain area is current closed due to seismic activities. for the other places, u can calculate and see if getting the hakone free pass is worth it
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.h...tion_whatToSee

ur itinerary looks a bit packed on some days.
18 sep: by the time u clear customs, get to Tokyo and check-in hotel, it is probably dinner time. so u dun have much time to explore so many places. just stick to ur hotel area
21 sep: mt Fuji and hakone within a day is too rush. either stay a night at hakone, or just skip mt Fuji. hakone will give u a good view of mt Fuji already.
23 sep: if ur flight is at 3pm, u will need to leave for airport before noon coz it takes about 1hr to get from Tokyo to narita. u wun have time to go akiba and odaiba. shops in akiba usually opens only at 11am, so u cant go too early also.
Oh my departure flight is at 6pm hence probably gotta leave for airport abt 2plus.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #2743

Oh my departure flight is at 6pm hence probably gotta leave for airport abt 2plus.
Is tokyo relatively still safe now to travel with the earthquake yest?
Old 12-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #2744
High Supremacy Member

Is tokyo relatively still safe now to travel with the earthquake yest?
Japan got so many earthquakes one (It is normal)

The one today is considered weak earthquake. I experience several earthquakes in the past before. it is fairly common.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:18 PM   #2745

Japan got so many earthquakes one (It is normal)

The one today is considered weak earthquake. I experience several earthquakes in the past before. it is fairly common.
Thanks for the assurance.
I know September is considered raining season. Which are the places i shld forget abt going? Or it shld be all indoor activities?

Also, anyone know how to go to the yokohama nissin cup museum from jr yoyogi?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.