Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #2896
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi folks

I'm seeking some suggestions to finalise the details especially on the day of visit.

Eastern kyoto full day
Ginkakuji
Philosopher path
Eikando
Nanzenji
Keage
Heian shrine
Yasaka shrines
Kodaiji
Higashiyama Street
Kiyomizudera
Gion

Arashiyama full day

Monkey Park
Togetsukyo bridge
Tenryuji
Bamboo groves
Jojakkoji
Gioji
Otagi nenbutsuji
Daikakuji

Northern kyoto

Kinkakuji
Ryoanji
Ninnaji
Daitokuji

Nara
Isuien garden
Todaiji temple
Kofukuji temple
Yoshikien garden

Osaka

USJ

Shitennoji temple
Hozen temple
Namba Park

Osaka station city
Grand front osaka
Floating garden
Hep five ferris wheel

Shinsaibashi
Dotonbori
Tenjimbashisuji shopping street
Namba Yasaka shrine

Anyway to put nijo n himeji castles into any of the trip? Worth to get the wide pass? I was thinking to go himeji castle after checking in the hostel

To be updated...

Last edited by Illusionist_85; 13-10-2015 at 09:56 AM..
Old 13-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #2897

Hello all,

I will be arriving on 7th Nov, 930am. Me and buddy will be trying to catch the 1PM J League match at Kashiwa Hitachi Stadium.
Will there be lockers for our luggages at the train station?

I've checked the schedules on HyperDia, takes about 70mins to get from Haneda to Kashiwa... we should have enough time.
Anybody over there now willing to help me purchase tickets from Lawson?
Old 15-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #2898
Master Member

does the jr kanto area pass cover the JR line to kamakura? from the official website the map didnt cover it but on other japan website kamakura is included?
Old 15-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #2899
Arch-Supremacy Member

does the jr kanto area pass cover the JR line to kamakura? from the official website the map didnt cover it but on other japan website kamakura is included?
Not covered leh
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/kantoareapass/#category04

maybe they are referring to this?
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/kamakura_enoshima.html

That one covers where Kanto Area pass has missed out
Old 15-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #2900

Hi,

I have 2 question, 1 qns which I am unable to find my answer in the web and the other 2nd question just to make confirmation.

1) I am arriving in Haneda Airport but I need to pick up my friends in Narita Airport on the same day.
I am aware that there is a Limousine bus pass from Haneda to town and back to Haneda airport, its a 2 ways pass valid for 14 days.
Does anyone know if I could use this pass and travel to Narita Airport on the first day instead of going to town? And the return pass to Haneda after 10 days.

2) Anyone know what is the cheapest option to purchase Puroland & Tokyo Disneyland tickets?

Thanks!
Old 15-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #2901

For those who did f&e, is it easy to find parking place (for Hokkaido). How much is the parking fee and if it's by hour?

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 15-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #2902
High Supremacy Member

For those who did f&e, is it easy to find parking place (for Hokkaido). How much is the parking fee and if it's by hour?
it isn't that hard to get parking, quite a lot are free afaik

the problems probably start in city area like Sapporo
Old 15-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #2903
High Supremacy Member

Hi,

I have 2 question, 1 qns which I am unable to find my answer in the web and the other 2nd question just to make confirmation.

1) I am arriving in Haneda Airport but I need to pick up my friends in Narita Airport on the same day.
I am aware that there is a Limousine bus pass from Haneda to town and back to Haneda airport, its a 2 ways pass valid for 14 days.
Does anyone know if I could use this pass and travel to Narita Airport on the first day instead of going to town? And the return pass to Haneda after 10 days.
I believe you need to purchase separate tickets

I would strongly suggest that you meet in Tokyo city area like at Shinjuku since the airport limousines go there.

2) Anyone know what is the cheapest option to purchase Puroland & Tokyo Disneyland tickets?

Thanks!
Find a place that accept payment in Yen...

Last edited by cancer81; 15-10-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Old 15-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #2904

it isn't that hard to get parking, quite a lot are free afaik

the problems probably start in city area like Sapporo
Yeah as mentioned most of the rural areas are free, Sapporo and Otaru are the ones that you have to pay... Had quite a tough time finding a place in Otaru, whereas for Sapporo I just take the public transport
Old 15-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #2905
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah as mentioned most of the rural areas are free, Sapporo and Otaru are the ones that you have to pay... Had quite a tough time finding a place in Otaru, whereas for Sapporo I just take the public transport
So while you were in Sapporo, you didn't have the car anymore? Or you just chose to rent the car for the duration of travelling to the more rural areas like Furano/Biel?
Old 15-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #2906

So while you were in Sapporo, you didn't have the car anymore? Or you just chose to rent the car for the duration of travelling to the more rural areas like Furano/Biel?

Yeah I rented the car on the day I left Sapporo but I did came back to Sapporo at night and had to return the car the next morning. Just check with the hotel, usually they will have some tie-up with nearby parking garages for a flat overnight rate or something.
Old 15-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #2907
Master Member

Not covered leh
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/kantoareapass/#category04

maybe they are referring to this?
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/kamakura_enoshima.html

That one covers where Kanto Area pass has missed out
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html
found this online when i googled it and thats the reason why i thought kamakura included.. so sadly i guess not..
Old 16-10-2015, 06:13 AM   #2908
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ah paiseh, it's included! You can double checked with hyperdia. Between Ofuna and Kurihama (JR Yokosuka line) has Kamakura, sorry for the mis information. When you reference Japan-guide I will have to double check, because they are a reliable source
magna_strike likes this.

Last edited by cpuer; 16-10-2015 at 07:33 AM..
Old 16-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #2909

Any idea how much is the parking fee for say Otaru? Do they charge by hour.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 16-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #2910

Any idea how much is the parking fee for say Otaru? Do they charge by hour.
Can't quite remember exactly but I do recall paying in coins so I don't think it will cost anything upwards of JPY1000 for half a day of parking. (iirc its either hourly fee or block of 3hrs and I park somewhere near the music box museum)
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.