Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbearbishopx

Reaction score
Hi guys, going Japan tomorrow night 14days (Osaka,Tokyo,Kyoto)! The weather rather fluctuating lol. Last week check only 15 degree lowest 5 now become 11 lowest -1 lol.. Would like to check would a wind breaker be sufficient ? Or should I bring more?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, going Japan tomorrow night 14days (Osaka,Tokyo,Kyoto)! The weather rather fluctuating lol. Last week check only 15 degree lowest 5 now become 11 lowest -1 lol.. Would like to check would a wind breaker be sufficient ? Or should I bring more?

it depends if you are able to take a 5 deg cold in the morning and late at night with only your windbreaker? What about your head and your hands? And the wind is rather strong these few days...

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

depends on ur own tolerance. but I think most ppl will not be able to withstand that kind of temp with just windbreaker.

better to err on the safe side and bring extra if u are not sure. get a fleece or down jacket and windproof gloves. or u can buy when u are in japan. uniqlo's ultra light down is good enuf for such temp

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is 6 deg outside now. I am wearing a uniqlo fleece long sleeve t-shirt and a synthetic light down jacket. I cycle so I tend not to overdress. but this forum got a lot of heroes so you don't have to follow my example.

Haman

Reaction score
Better to wear something to cover ur face as well, like face mask. Ur nose will get cold n lost feeling. We were there last 2 weeks in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. All of us wore 4 layers, with beanie hats n gloves. Those Jap ppl on the streets were wearing face mask.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I were to take Nozomi green seat from Shin-Osaka to Tokyo. According to Hyperdia, the fare is JPY14650 for reserved seat and JPY19230 for green seat.

Does all seats on Nozomi falls under green seats? And if yes, it means the fare should be JPY19230?

No. Nozomi got 3 classes of seat. Green which is like Business Class.
Reserved and non reserved (Free seating)

Cheapest is Unreserved seat at 13,620. This is free seating so first come first serve. Shinkansen normally not so full unless certain period like New Year or Golden Week or Odon. So many people just choose this unreserved since cheapest

Reserved seat is 14,650 (High Season now). This one seat is same as above but you get a seat number (Guaranteed a seat)

Green is 19,320. Business Class type.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depends on you. I like this kind of cool weather. My attire will be just normal clothing with thin jacket. Not thick one.
People wearing layers, i find it a bit weird since not that cold.

true form

Reaction score
I want to buy branded perfume, Chanel and Gucci to Tokyo, should I buy in SG Changi or Narita T2?

Airplane got limit for 100ml right, so shouldn't buy in SG?

I thinking to buy in airport for good price. Or it doesn't matter much if I get in Japan departmental store like Isetan and got the tourist rebate?

Not sure their Narita airport is cheap and got the perfume I want? I see Narita T2 (my flight) like no Chanel, only Narita T1.

Where should I get... : /

Expert advice please?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be arriving at Haneda at 1am in the morning. Probably after clearing immigration it'll be 1.30-2am. My hotel is in Koenji. Was wondering if I should stay in the airport till the first train, or should I take a very expensive taxi?

cleffa3000

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Any attractions just like the one piece tower?
No disneyland gumxia
I know got 1 doraemon museum but need to book and not everyday have one

Last edited:

Michi_84

Reaction score
Hi! Can I ask if we buy the Osaka Kaiyu Ticket, the discount for OTHER attractions has to be on the same day or I can just show the card to get the discount also for the next few days?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm bringing my ICOCA IC card (Osaka) to be used in Tokyo.

I understand I will be able to use it in most areas of Tokyo including most JR and local Metro lines right? How about the Keikyu Airline line from Haneda Airport?

Or it's very limited use?

Hetheone

Reaction score
If wan buy Dried scallop / ikura this kind back, is cheaper to buy at which of the following?

1. Sapporo Curb Market
2. Otaru Sankaku Market
3. Hakodate Morning Market
4. Aomori Furukawa Fish Market
5. Tokyo Ameyoko
6. Tokyo Tsukiji Fish Market

TIA

Sent from . using GAGT

Hakodate morning market for scallop will be better. The quality n quantity is better.

If u happen to be at Aomori, do try the oma hon maguro (tuna)

true form

Reaction score
I want to buy branded perfume, Chanel and Gucci to Tokyo, should I buy in SG Changi or Narita T2?

I thinking to buy in airport for good price. Or it doesn't matter much if I get in Japan departmental store like Isetan and got the tourist rebate?

Not sure their Narita airport is cheap and got the perfume I want? I see Narita T2 (my flight) like no Chanel, only Narita T1.

Expert advice please?

anybody knows or can advise on perfume and makeup? To get in Changi or not?

never buy before, but i heard before people got buy liquor at Changi then go overseas?

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody knows or can advise on perfume and makeup? To get in Changi or not?

never buy before, but i heard before people got buy liquor at Changi then go overseas?
if u buy after before boarding, they will sealed up the bag for u and it can be bring up regardless of what ml it is. u cannot open the bag up until u are on board.

Sent from sent from gagt using..gagt using GAGT

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Expert advice please?
Duty free items not included in the limit la. When you reach there, keep in luggage to bring back.

Narita T1&2 can take Skytrain. Just ensure you have sufficient time. By far, buy in sg shld be one of the cheapest, unless got some limited edition items or what.

Sent from using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.