Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is $650+ air ticket from ANA or JAL considered cheap already?

Yes, affirmative. Probably one of the cheapest for this current season and for the upcoming seasons (from April - late-June). You should however note that for japanese airline companies such as ANA/JAL, their fiscal work year restarts from April 1st onwards each yr so according to news reports by Bloomberg and The Japan Times awhile ago, both companies are very likely set to remove the on-going fuel surcharges starting from April 1st 2016. (currently, both companies charges 3,000 JPY for fuel surcharges for itineraries originating btw Japan & Singapore)

However, one should still note that because both ANA and JAL typically revises their fuel surcharge only on a bi-monthly review basis, so since their last review was back in early February period, it is currently not known yet whether their fuel surcharge would be removed completely anot until April arrives. You may read both ANA and JAL's press release statement regarding fuel surcharges on the following links mentioned below.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/sg/e/asw_common/book-plan/charge/fuelsurcharge/
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/fuel/detail.html

If you're not too kiasu with the removal of fuel surcharge cost of 3,000 JPY, IMO can just go with the current $650+ on-going air fares. I have also just booked my flight under ANA for my upcoming trip in June back in a couple weeks ago only cos cannot wait liao, as I had to make arrangement plans for my accommodation stays in Tokyo/Osaka as well.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I were to get the ICOCA in Osaka, can I use this in Tokyo as well?

Yes affirmative, as what saffronsatire had mentioned to you earlier. Maybe this Japan-guide article will help explains things in a more detailed manner for some of the rest of you who are still not too sure about various IC cards usage and their compatiability in Western and Eastern part regions of Japan.
:)

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if there's will still be snow anywhere in Hokkaido from 7th may onwards?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if there's will still be snow anywhere in Hokkaido from 7th may onwards?

after golden week, only the high areas in hokkaido will still be under snow. you can definitely try your luck with the kurodake ropeway from sounkyo gorge

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried watching movie at cinema in Japan? Haha got any different? Got eng subtitle?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried watching movie at cinema in Japan? Haha got any different? Got eng subtitle?

yes... cost... a new show cost about 4000 JPY... Batman vs Superman today for example

foreign movies are released in 2 flavours
字幕 jimaku - meaning subtitled
吹替 fukikae - meaning dubbed
you can see either of these versions depending on the cinemas...

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes... cost... a new show cost about 4000 JPY... Batman vs Superman today for example

foreign movies are released in 2 flavours
字幕 jimaku - meaning subtitled
吹替 fukikae - meaning dubbed
you can see either of these versions depending on the cinemas...
oh? movie prices there not fixed? is "see show" price?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm bringing my ICOCA IC card (Osaka) to be used in Tokyo.

I understand I will be able to use it in most areas of Tokyo including most JR and local Metro lines right? How about the Keikyu Airline line from Haneda Airport?

Or it's very limited use?

Okay found out it can be used at the Keikyu line from Haneda Airport.

fusionz

Reaction score
Anyone can advise for Singapore Airline, the check-in baggage weight limit is 30kg for economy class.

Can I check in 2 baggage with their total weight under 30kg? Cos the website did not clearly indicate.

TIA

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi to clarify, the IC card is like ezlink card where we need to top up right? Can we use the store value to buy NEX ticket? And where to buy this IC card at T1 ah?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SBB8888B

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. Just a few questions.... Wil be traveling this coming nov... 2pax.. How is the weather be like during that period....

1) 7 days enough to hang around just Tokyo? Going to attractions like Disneyland, Tokyo tower... Any other shopping attraction or sight seeing to recommend?
2) Accommodation wise... Hotel or airBnb... Any centralized area to recommend?
3) Moving around from point to point accessible by train/cab? Would like to try their HSR... Any suggestion?

Thanks guys!!!

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. Just a few questions.... Wil be traveling this coming nov... 2pax.. How is the weather be like during that period....

1) 7 days enough to hang around just Tokyo? Going to attractions like Disneyland, Tokyo tower... Any other shopping attraction or sight seeing to recommend?
3) Moving around from point to point accessible by train/cab? Would like to try their HSR... Any suggestion?

Thanks guys!!!

Nov is late autumn.

7 days is enough for greater Tokyo

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys!!!

1. yup, 7 days is just right for Tokyo. u can make 1 or 2 side trips to nearby places such as hakone and yokohama too

2. good to stay near stations along the JR Yamanote line coz tt is the main line u will be using to get ard Tokyo. popular places to stay will be Shinjuku, ueno, shinagawa.
japan is cramping down on airbnb. not sure if there is going to be problem in the future.

3. train. cab is way too expensive in japan. by HSR u mean their bullet train (aka shinkansen)? shinkansen is mainly for travelling long distance out of the city and it is expensive.

if u really want to take shinkansen, u can consider getting JR Tokyo wide pass and using if for shinkansen to utsunomiya (for nikko). and use if for other side trips such as to hakone.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html

however, this is not the most cost effective way coz there are other passes that covers some of these places (e.g. hakone free pass, tobu nikko free pass), just that they do not include shinkansen. so getting this pass is more because u want to experience shinkansen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.