Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
So fast going back sg liao :( last 2 days question hope some one can help ??

1) where will be a good place to do street shopping ladies men ?? Any recommendation ??

2) how does tax rebate works ? For clothings / electronic stuff i have to spend 10,000 on same shop ? Or whole mall ?? Same receipt or combine ok ??

3) in narita airport if i reach 7am to airport is there snack shops for us to buy back ?? Like tokyo banana or other snacks

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Myu~sun for #3 yes. The 'akihabara' shop (after the immigration/customs) opens at 7am. Nowadays Narita airport got all sorts of snacks from all over the country on sale.

https://www.fasola.jp/en/search/floor-map/no2/akihabara.html

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot deodorant. This thread is alot of help to me. Thanks to all the bros for the tips.

Hetheone

Reaction score
So fast going back sg liao :( last 2 days question hope some one can help ??

1) where will be a good place to do street shopping ladies men ?? Any recommendation ??

2) how does tax rebate works ? For clothings / electronic stuff i have to spend 10,000 on same shop ? Or whole mall ?? Same receipt or combine ok ??

3) in narita airport if i reach 7am to airport is there snack shops for us to buy back ?? Like tokyo banana or other snacks

Shopping can try ginza area, got uniqlo n Gu main stores are there. Behind them got their local brand ape, ice cream, BBC, chrome hearts etc.... Plus few big dept stores.

Omotesandos, harajuku and shibuya also a good shopping areas.

Ueno area n ameyoko (there is a stall that sell Japanese goodies n snacks at cheaper prices)

remember to bring your passport if u wana enjoy the tax rebates when your purchases are above 10000 yen. The cashier will deduct the tax n u only pay the less tax amount. The receipt wil attach to your passport. Just have to show all receipts at the immigration counter wil do.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
remember to bring your passport if u wana enjoy the tax rebates when your purchases are above 10000 yen. The cashier will deduct the tax n u only pay the less tax amount. The receipt wil attach to your passport. Just have to show all receipts at the immigration counter wil do.

it depends on the store also. departmental stores may charge u the full amount including tax first. then u bring the receipt to tax rebate counter to get back tax refund. and u can combine receipts to reach 10001yen for such dept stores

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
Icic. Thanks for all the input. Heard Giza more of branded high end stuff. The girls looking for affordable pricing guess I'll skip ginza ba.

After walking through shibuya 109 mens/women DE. Actually feel that their things seems quite ex if convert to sgd. But the design I would say it's much better =x

SBB8888B

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone stay in Disney hotel resort before ? What's the differences among these 4 resort... Ambassador resort, Mira Costa, Tokyo Disneyland hotel & celebration hotel? Any reviews ... Thanks.

chemcutie

Reaction score
I will be in Tokyo during their golden week (omg.... After I booked then I realised... But United was too cheap and I found an airbnb)....

Any advice on how to brace myself for it?

I intend to go kawagoe, saitama and odaiba (my bro wanna go)... Doable? Dunno if Meiji shrine is worth it (to fight to crowds) since there's the spring events...

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
I saw a tomica shop inside the character street at Tokyo. Maybe you can try there.

playlove

Reaction score
Anyone has any recommendations on any good portable wifi router rental? Is Changi wifi router reliable? Heard reviews that connection are not v stable. Don't want to get a data Sim as there will be 3 of us Travelling and we preferring sharing

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any recommendations on any good portable wifi router rental?
I always use global advanced comm. no idea how good it is compared to other providers, but since I first went Japan I use it and it's good so I nv bothered trying other providers.

http://www.globaladvancedcomm.com/pocketwifi.html

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be in Tokyo during their golden week (omg.... After I booked then I realised... But United was too cheap and I found an airbnb)....

Any advice on how to brace myself for it?

I intend to go kawagoe, saitama and odaiba (my bro wanna go)... Doable? Dunno if Meiji shrine is worth it (to fight to crowds) since there's the spring events...

Golden week, think kawagoe will be very crowded as lots of Japanese visit during weekends already.

Odaiba should be OK as it's a big place. Go diver city to see the giant gandam. Toyota Megaweb is interesting also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.