Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man v.1

Reaction score
Hi all, may i ask what's available in these 2 sections below and are they similar or selling different things?

Ueno_2010_051.jpg

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, may i ask what's available in these 2 sections below and are they similar or selling different things?

/http://supermerlion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Ueno_2010_051.jpg

Ueno street's Ameyoko-cho on the left usually sells various kinds of dried food/omiyage snacks. If you have noticed on this thread some pages back some people were asking before where to buy dried food like dried scallops from Hokkaido, this is one good place to get them. They also have many stalls that sells fresh seafood reminiscent that of Tsukiji market during early dawn/mornings and the night scene of 士林夜市 in Taipei of Taiwan if you have been there before. It's definitely a very good place to shop for delicious fresh food and food omiyage snacks if you have time to spare. Just don't be put off by the crowd level as this place can typically be flooded with certain chinese race and many american tourists during weekday evenings and especially weekends.

As for Ueno Nakadori Shotengai (shortform for Uechun), check out their website street directory for more info as they have some explanation found in both english/chinese language. As what fellow forumer kenchi had mentioned, this place is more like for stationary souvenirs/fashion apparels, but it is not rare to find some decent restaurants situated in this area too since both Ameyoko and Ueno-Nakadori are under same street.

Hope the above helps.
:o

Man v.1

Reaction score
Ueno street's Ameyoko-cho on the left usually sells various kinds of dried food/omiyage snacks. If you have noticed on this thread some pages back some people were asking before where to buy dried food like dried scallops from Hokkaido, this is one good place to get them. They also have many stalls that sells fresh seafood reminiscent that of Tsukiji market during early dawn/mornings and the night scene of 士林夜市 in Taipei of Taiwan if you have been there before. It's definitely a very good place to shop for delicious fresh food and food omiyage snacks if you have time to spare. Just don't be put off by the crowd level as this place can typically be flooded with certain chinese race and many american tourists during weekday evenings and especially weekends.

As for Ueno Nakadori Shotengai (shortform for Uechun), check out their website street directory for more info as they have some explanation found in both english/chinese language. As what fellow forumer kenchi had mentioned, this place is more like for stationary souvenirs/fashion apparels, but it is not rare to find some decent restaurants situated in this area too since both Ameyoko and Ueno-Nakadori are under same street.

Hope the above helps.
:o

Ok noted and thanks for the valuable reply :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean South gate and New South gate confused you?

I haven't been to the bus terminal, so I got no idea. but I think the confusing is coz one website says:

"The MIRAINA TOWER Gate, New South Gate and South East Gate are NOT recommended as it is far from the Expressway Bus Terminal.
It will be easier to find the bus terminal if you take either the Koshu-kaido Gate or South Gate."

while the other website says:
"To reach Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal, "New South Gate" is the most convenient, ..."

one say new south gate not recommended, the other say is most convenient, so which gate is actually the most convenient? :s11:

ses009

Reaction score
I haven't been to the bus terminal, so I got no idea. but I think the confusing is coz one website says:

"The MIRAINA TOWER Gate, New South Gate and South East Gate are NOT recommended as it is far from the Expressway Bus Terminal.
It will be easier to find the bus terminal if you take either the Koshu-kaido Gate or South Gate."

"To reach Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal, "New South Gate" is the most convenient, ..."

one say new south gate not recommended, the other say is most convenient, so which gate is actually the most convenient? :s11:

Hahaha yah you are right. I thought I am confused so I kept reading to convince myself.

macintosh

Reaction score

You should follow this site:
https://www.highwaybus.com/html/gp/foreign/en/access/

The new Express Bus Terminal was officially opened on 4 April and is directly opposite the South Gate

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0002850778

map_01_new.png

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If there is only one Tokyo travel guide book you will recommend, which one will you strongly recommend?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

actually I feel japan-guide and websites provide a lot more information than guide books when it comes to japan. I have not used travel guides to plan my japan trips so far.

for guide books, lonely planet is good for detailed information. if u want lots of colourful pictures, go for those Taiwanese ones.

remoir

Reaction score
hi

anyone knows where to buy nefful products (socks, gloves) and phiten necklaces in Tokyo? TIA

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ueno. Besides the park and various museums, Ameyoko, Yamashiroya, is there any other places of interests (or eatery) that die die must try de? If possible, I would prefer to avoid the more touristy spots lor...

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually I feel japan-guide and websites provide a lot more information than guide books when it comes to japan. I have not used travel guides to plan my japan trips so far.

for guide books, lonely planet is good for detailed information. if u want lots of colourful pictures, go for those Taiwanese ones.
the information from some books are more "in the moment"

things like shops and restaurants listed could move or even close

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
expect a bit more rain, day night difference might get larger due to changing to autumn weather

ses009

Reaction score
Where to buy those popular snacks like potato farm and those biscuits? I went to Asakusa and Ameyoko but came out empty handed.The Takashimaya and Isetan basement also nothing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.