HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #3061

Buy online. =)
Universal Studio can mah? I thought it can't.

Would be great if you can share any links.

In additional, do you guys typically get the Wifi Dongle while walking around? It appears it's a lot more convenient. Was thinking to get from Sg prior to leaving.
Old 28-10-2015, 04:41 AM   #3062
Banned

Any advice for this as I not going to get a JR pass (will be just walking around tokyo and Oaska)

Just to confirm, this let me ride on bullet train from Tokyo to Oaska?

http://www.japanican.com/en/tour/det...NTO1/?GN_tours

20% Discount! E-Voucher for Osaka Bullet Train Open Ticket Package & Osaka One-day Pass

This do-it-yourself Shinkansen E-Voucher gives you the freedom to decide your own schedule at an incredible bargain with round-trip non-reserved seats from Tokyo to Osaka. When purchasing the voucher, pick a date as your tentative departure date. Then, after coming to Japan, exchange the voucher for a departure date on or within one month after that date and enjoy as short as a 1-day trip to or as long as a 7-day trip to Osaka!

Required
You MUST bring the following items to exchange the E-Voucher for your actual tickets. Failure to do so could result in the exchange being refused:
• Passport (name should match that on the reservation)
• Printed copy of the first page of the JAPANiCAN.com confirmation email to be collected by JR Tokai Tours
• Printed and filled out copy of this travel application form (one per booking)
** Please note that the exchange may take around 30 minutes.
Old 28-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #3063
Supremacy Member

Any advice for this as I not going to get a JR pass (will be just walking around tokyo and Oaska)

Just to confirm, this let me ride on bullet train from Tokyo to Oaska?

http://www.japanican.com/en/tour/det...NTO1/?GN_tours

20% Discount! E-Voucher for Osaka Bullet Train Open Ticket Package & Osaka One-day Pass

This do-it-yourself Shinkansen E-Voucher gives you the freedom to decide your own schedule at an incredible bargain with round-trip non-reserved seats from Tokyo to Osaka. When purchasing the voucher, pick a date as your tentative departure date. Then, after coming to Japan, exchange the voucher for a departure date on or within one month after that date and enjoy as short as a 1-day trip to or as long as a 7-day trip to Osaka!

Required
You MUST bring the following items to exchange the E-Voucher for your actual tickets. Failure to do so could result in the exchange being refused:
• Passport (name should match that on the reservation)
• Printed copy of the first page of the JAPANiCAN.com confirmation email to be collected by JR Tokai Tours
• Printed and filled out copy of this travel application form (one per booking)
** Please note that the exchange may take around 30 minutes.
yes, but on non-reserved seats.
Old 28-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #3064
Master Member

Can try the places listed at http://www.picrumb.com/
The site provides a visual guide to locating the places as well

Any food recommendation as I will be travelling to Osaka, Nara, Takayama & Tokyo?

Famous or popular places.
Old 28-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #3065

Buy online. =)
For JR Rail Pass cheapper to buy online? Even if you take into consideration of the shipping or delivery fee?
Old 28-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #3066

Can try the places listed at http://www.picrumb.com/
The site provides a visual guide to locating the places as well
Thanks for the information. Useful indeed. Any other website to recommended good food in Japan?
Old 28-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #3067
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I would like to visit the MT Fuji mountain. May I know how could I get there from Shinjuku Station? I would be staying at Hotel Sunroute Shinjuku. In addition, What can i do at Mt Fuji Mountain? How long would it take for a trip there?

In addition, which part of japan, i can visit for a day trip. Intend to try out the JR Rail but unsure which part is good for a visit? Probably some sight seeing and shopping.

[/SIZE]
Old 28-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #3068
Master Member

For JR Rail Pass cheapper to buy online? Even if you take into consideration of the shipping or delivery fee?
delivery f.o.c. if you hit a certain amount e.g. three 7-days pass.
Old 28-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #3069
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I would like to visit the MT Fuji mountain. May I know how could I get there from Shinjuku Station? I would be staying at Hotel Sunroute Shinjuku. In addition, What can i do at Mt Fuji Mountain? How long would it take for a trip there?

In addition, which part of japan, i can visit for a day trip. Intend to try out the JR Rail but unsure which part is good for a visit? Probably some sight seeing and shopping.
these 2 websites should be able to answer most of your questions

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2172.html
http://www.fujiyama-navi.jp/fujitoza...ation/lang/en/
Old 28-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #3070
Arch-Supremacy Member

what do u mean by trying out JR rail? coz the Yamanote line for getting ard Tokyo is JR rail as well.

or do u mean the shinkansen (bullet train)? shinkansen are for travelling long distance and they are expensive.
from Tokyo, possible day trip using shinkansen are odawara (for hakone), saitama, or utsunomiya (for nikko). but it is going to be expensive, and the trip are not covered by passes such hakone free pass or all-nikko pass.
Old 28-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #3071

Tokyo tower lights got off? around 1030pm still got light?

i go their website see got landmark light and diamond veil but not sure is it till 12am.
Old 30-10-2015, 03:37 AM   #3072
Banned

if i arrive at 4.40am in Haneda, how do i reach my hotel at

Tokyo Plaza Hotel
2-15-1 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan 169-0073

should i take the airport bus or the subway?
Old 30-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #3073
Arch-Supremacy Member

if i arrive at 4.40am in Haneda, how do i reach my hotel at

Tokyo Plaza Hotel
2-15-1 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan 169-0073

should i take the airport bus or the subway?

ur hotel seems to be near shin-okubo station, which is a station away from Shinjuku station. not sure if airport bus goes there.

check whether the airport bus stops near ur hotel. airport bus is slightly more expensive, but if it can stop near ur hotel, it will save u the hassle of changing train if u go buy subway/train. else just go by train
yuihatano likes this.
Old 30-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #3074
Supremacy Member

Check out Fujikyu buses ot Keio buses. They have direct bus to Fuji 5th station passing through Kawaguchiko. They depart from Shinjuku. Takes around 2.5hrs to reach.

For day trips, you can try a few. Hakone is a popular one, Kawaguchiko is quite popular as well. Depends on the season you are going, you can try Hitachi Kaihin Koen in Ibaraki. Then there are Nikko, Nagano etc but 1 day may be very tight.

Last edited by zhirong; 30-10-2015 at 11:49 AM..
Old 30-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #3075

Planning to visit Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park (ひがしもこと芝桜公園) next year but this place seems to be in a ulu place. I don't want to travel all the way out there then back again. Is there some nearby places of interest I can visit together with it? 1-2hr travelling time between destinations is ok.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.