HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #3076
Arch-Supremacy Member

How cold izzit during March period? Gg there on 8 March...

Old 30-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #3077

Hi all,
I need advice on what type of transport pass i should get while in Osaka/Kyoto for cost effective travelling.

The major distance will be from Osaka to Kyoto via Hankyu line.
Umeda to Kawaramachi station (400 Yen one way)

and in Kyoto for 1 day mainly using the subway to Arashiyama (220 Yen) and Fushimi Inari Shrine (210 Yen)

Does the Kyoto City Subway One-day Pass cover the above and including the returning back to Osaka if all within the day?

Many thanks!!
Old 30-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #3078
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,
I need advice on what type of transport pass i should get while in Osaka/Kyoto for cost effective travelling.

The major distance will be from Osaka to Kyoto via Hankyu line.
Umeda to Kawaramachi station (400 Yen one way)

and in Kyoto for 1 day mainly using the subway to Arashiyama (220 Yen) and Fushimi Inari Shrine (210 Yen)

Does the Kyoto City Subway One-day Pass cover the above and including the returning back to Osaka if all within the day?

Many thanks!!

If you want to cover wider, this is the pass
http://www.surutto.com/tickets/kansai_thru_english.html

Work out the individual ride costs and compare to this pass. If lower than you should just simply get ICOCA for osaka-kyoto rides and within Kyoto can just get their bus passes.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #3079

going tokyo in dec, was thinking 14-21, is it a good time? like can see autumn leaves bo or too late
Old 01-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #3080
Arch-Supremacy Member

How cold izzit during March period? Gg there on 8 March...
which part of japan?
march is still end winter in tokyo, will be cold. ard 5-15 degrees. will be even colder if u are travelling out of the city.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #3081
Arch-Supremacy Member

Planning to visit Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park (ひがしもこと芝桜公園) next year but this place seems to be in a ulu place. I don't want to travel all the way out there then back again. Is there some nearby places of interest I can visit together with it? 1-2hr travelling time between destinations is ok.
will u be driving? where will u be travelling from?
maybe u can visit lake akan which is not too far off. or go shiretoko, but that is further and will be better if u have another day or more
Old 01-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #3082
Arch-Supremacy Member

going tokyo in dec, was thinking 14-21, is it a good time? like can see autumn leaves bo or too late
likely to be too late:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_when.html

but with el nino, weather pattern a bit unpredictable this year. generally warming this year, so many the autumn leaves will be ard later. really hard to say
Old 01-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #3083

thanks evilerniex, this is kinda good news. I agree weather is crazy, went Osaka in Aug tio heatwave hai
Old 01-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #3084

thanks evilerniex, this is kinda good news. I agree weather is crazy, went Osaka in Aug tio heatwave hai
August generally is the hottest month for the summer season.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #3085
Master Member

Visiting osaka next year feb with wife.

Is Universal studio osaka worth to go? My wife is not those thrill seeker. Don't dare to ride our USS mummy or galactica. Dreamworld giant drop. Tower of terror etc. However she enjoyed our uss transformer ride.

Any ideas how the crowds over there in feb? Queuing time for the popular ride? I went to tokyo disney sea during winter too and the it was still packed even it wss off peak season.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #3086

Visiting osaka next year feb with wife.

Is Universal studio osaka worth to go? My wife is not those thrill seeker. Don't dare to ride our USS mummy or galactica. Dreamworld giant drop. Tower of terror etc. However she enjoyed our uss transformer ride.

Any ideas how the crowds over there in feb? Queuing time for the popular ride? I went to tokyo disney sea during winter too and the it was still packed even it wss off peak season.
without express pass? 2hours+. the weather wont be hot though so queuing wont be as much of a bitch. as for worth or not if you're a fan of harry potter go in for a look-see lor.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:20 PM   #3087
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi. Please recommend good onsen places around or near Tokyo. Did some research but I would love to hear experience from you guys Better if got mix gender one
Old 01-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #3088
Master Member

Hi. Please recommend good onsen places around or near Tokyo. Did some research but I would love to hear experience from you guys Better if got mix gender one
Lol this should be a FAQ on this forum.

Most mixed gender onsens can only be found in more remote areas, where either it is part of the tradition of that place and the owners are keeping it that way, or that it is a wild onsen.

And next, for guys hoping to see young pretty naked ladies at these onsen, you will be disappointed. If there are any female daring to be using these mixed pools, 99% of the time it will be some very old but still very pretty ladies... Or let's call them grandmothers.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #3089
Master Member

without express pass? 2hours+. the weather wont be hot though so queuing wont be as much of a bitch. as for worth or not if you're a fan of harry potter go in for a look-see lor.
Oh thank. That y I always enjoy travelling during the winter although the day is short.

What I read is harry porter quite amazing over there. But then I m not a fan .
Old 01-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #3090
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, anyone got any recommendation on good onsen that has private room and near or in tokyo? can the private room be shared with my girlfriend? what is the cost of booking such a room

[/SIZE]
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.