HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2015, 12:38 AM   #3106
Supremacy Member

If you have the JR Pass, you can go make your reservations at any JR ticket window.

If you are still in SG, then you do not have the JR Pass. You just have an exchange coupon for the JR Pass. The real JR Pass can only be received in Japan.
I read somewhere that I can make reservations in advance even though i am singapore.

No??
Old 04-11-2015, 05:56 AM   #3107
Master Member

I read somewhere that I can make reservations in advance even though i am singapore.

No??
Currently only limited to travel on the JR East line, i.e. from Tokyo area to Tohoku and Kanto regions only.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:18 AM   #3108
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am visiting Kansai region from the 28 Dec to 2 Jan. I've read that most of the places will be closed and travelling will be a pain.

Any recommendation on what is there to do during new year?

Thanks in advanced!
New Year has its own uniqueness, read here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2276.html
Old 04-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #3109

I will be arriving my hotel, Hyatt Regency tokyo at 11pm on next Wednesday night. I was wondering if there is any mobile food trucks (ramen) or food recommendation that is nearby (walking distance 10-15mins) and opened at that time. Please advise...
Old 04-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #3110
Supremacy Member

Currently only limited to travel on the JR East line, i.e. from Tokyo area to Tohoku and Kanto regions only.
Oooo... Really ah.. Thank you
Old 04-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #3111

JR Pass

Hi all,

Need some help here. Am gg to Osaka (2 days) -> Kyoto (1 or 2 days) -> Tokyo (5 or 6 days) end of the month. Been to Tokyo quite a few times. Now try to explore Osaka and Kyoto. Fly to Kansai and depart Narita.

Have read up on japan-guide.com about JR pass. Was wondering if its worth to get the JR Pass ($330 per pax) if:

1. taking train from kansai airport to Osaka stn.
2. Osaka stn to Universal Studio
3. shinkansen from Osaka to Kyoto
4. travel in Kyoto
5. shinkansen from Kyoto to Tokyo.
6. city travel in Tokyo.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #3112
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Need some help here. Am gg to Osaka (2 days) -> Kyoto (1 or 2 days) -> Tokyo (5 or 6 days) end of the month. Been to Tokyo quite a few times. Now try to explore Osaka and Kyoto. Fly to Kansai and depart Narita.

Have read up on japan-guide.com about JR pass. Was wondering if its worth to get the JR Pass ($330 per pax) if:

1. taking train from kansai airport to Osaka stn.
2. Osaka stn to Universal Studio
3. shinkansen from Osaka to Kyoto
4. travel in Kyoto
5. shinkansen from Kyoto to Tokyo.
6. city travel in Tokyo.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.
nope, will not worth it to get JR pass since u are travelling only one way from Kyoto to Tokyo, which is about 14k yen compared to JR pass which cost 29k yen.
u dun really need to take shinkansen between Osaka and Kyoto coz it is only about 30min by normal train which is a lot more frequent
Old 04-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #3113

Thanks Bro. So only Shinkansen from kyoto to tokyo will do right? any local travel pass to recommend in Osaka and Kyoto to recommend? Thanks so much.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #3114
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks Bro. So only Shinkansen from kyoto to tokyo will do right? any local travel pass to recommend in Osaka and Kyoto to recommend? Thanks so much.

for Osaka, depending on where u are going, the Osaka amazing pass or the Osaka 1-day pass may be useful. otherwise just use SUICA or ICOCA store-value card to get around
for Kyoto, can get the 1-day bus pass for 500yen
Old 04-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #3115

I'm planning a 10 day trip to Japan next year in January. Looking to visit Nagano to try ski/snowboard there and then spend the last 2 or 3 days in tokyo. I plan to get the Tokyo wide area pass (not sure if it's worth it) and also need some help planning what to do in between after Nagano and before Tokyo. Running through the forum as well as the web gave me a million number of places to go but i could use some help to narrow down my itinerary. Perhaps a way to maximize the pass? or Recommended places?
Old 04-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #3116

Any recommendation for a day trip to visit near Tokyo during the 2nd week of Dec, just for the children to experience snow (not into ski)? Is Snow Monkey of Jigokudani a good option? Thanks in advance :-)
Old 05-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #3117
Master Member

Arashiyama

from Tenryuji area, how do you guys get to Jojakkoji, Otagi Nenbutsuji etc? walking seems far and from google maps, seems like different buses to different temples. not sure which is the simplest route to take i.e. which temple to start with.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #3118
Supremacy Member

from Tenryuji area, how do you guys get to Jojakkoji, Otagi Nenbutsuji etc? walking seems far and from google maps, seems like different buses to different temples. not sure which is the simplest route to take i.e. which temple to start with.
send to me ur itinerary. i check for u.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #3119
Arch-Supremacy Member

rent a bike. it helps a lot.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #3120
Master Member

rent a bike. it helps a lot.
2 of 3 ppl can't cycle!

send to me ur itinerary. i check for u.
thanks, can. will forward. maybe i will do something else instead if too hard to get there by public transport. or gotta cab there and back.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.