HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #3181
Supremacy Member

Me n wife with 5mth daughter wan go japan see snow...

Any chance Disneyland will have snow?

Can go from nov ~ jan 2016
Which best period to go for snow and at where good?

Old 16-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #3182
High Supremacy Member

nope, i viewed from the area near the ropeway station. didnt take the bus
okok thanks alot!
Old 16-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #3183
Arch-Supremacy Member

Me n wife with 5mth daughter wan go japan see snow...

Any chance Disneyland will have snow?

Can go from nov ~ jan 2016
Which best period to go for snow and at where good?
If it snows in Tokyo then its called a freak weather incident. Go towards Japan Sea and higher ground will have higher chance for snow.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2265_tokyo.html
Old 16-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #3184
Greater Supremacy Member

Lets say i want to visit tokyo only for 6 days
Should i buy jr pass or is there any other cheaper pass
Old 16-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #3185

Anybody knows if the the instant noodle museum in osaka and yokohama are the same? From what I see on the websites they look the same but it seems that entry to the one in osaka is free while the one on yokohama costs 500Y. Anybody been to both? Deciding on which one to visit.thanks

Last edited by socrates; 16-11-2015 at 08:59 PM..
Old 16-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #3186
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lets say i want to visit tokyo only for 6 days
Should i buy jr pass or is there any other cheaper pass
You have to decide on where to visit then see which pass is the best
Old 16-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #3187
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody knows if the the instant noodle museum in osaka and yokohama are the same? From what I see on the websites they look the same but it seems that entry to the one in osaka is free while the one on yokohama costs 500Y. Anybody been to both? Deciding on which one to visit.thanks
The Ikeda, Osaka one has the historic significance than the Yokohama one
Old 16-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #3188
Greater Supremacy Member

You have to decide on where to visit then see which pass is the best
Shibuya, akihabara, shinjuku

Pokemon center is where ar

If i know which pass is best i wouldnt have asked here
Old 17-11-2015, 01:04 AM   #3189

My 4 day plan of Osaka
Use the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass (1300Y) for the 1st 2 days and perhaps the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen for day 3 and day 4

Day 1:
I am staying near Nakatsu station which is 1 stop away from Umeda station
Morning take the 1 hour hankyu train trip from Umeda to go to Arashiyama. Walk about and admire the scenery. Spend 2 hours there? How long does it take to walk around?

Take the train from Arashiyama to Kawaramachi Station. Walk to Nishiki market for lunch and look around.

Afternoon go to Imperial palace or visit Tofukuji temple. Is it possible to do this 2 places in one afternoon with early sunset ? Too rush?

Have dinner at downtown Kyoto and then take a Hankyu train back to Umeda/Nakatsu from Kawaramachi station

Day 2:
Morning use the Hankyu pass to go to Minoo park. How long does it take to walk around the park? Hopefully have time to also go to the cupnoodle museum at Ikeda till about lunch time.

Afternoon either use the Hankyu pass to go to Kobe or donít use the pass and visit Nara and visit nara park, Todai-ji temple, Kofuku-ji temple, Kasuga Taisha shrine and deers.

To me Nara looks more attractive while Kobe another big city though the kobe beef seems like a good attraction !

From my calculations I would be able to save some money using the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass even though if go to Nara it would costs me 1600 Y return trip from Osaka station as I cannot use the pass.

Day 3 and Day 4:
Thinking of using the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen to visit attractions like Osaka castle, museum, ferris wheel etc within Osaka area. Also shopping and visit Dotonburi, Namba, shinsaibashi etc

If I get the 1 day Osaka amazing pass then that will leave me with 1 spare day. Should I with 1 spare day visit Nara (means I go to Kobe on day 2) or go to Himeiji castle or head back to Kyoto to visit more attractions there?.

I am open to suggestions and advice to my plans. Thanks
Old 17-11-2015, 07:30 AM   #3190
Arch-Supremacy Member

My 4 day plan of Osaka
Use the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass (1300Y) for the 1st 2 days and perhaps the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen for day 3 and day 4

Day 1:
Morning take the 1 hour hankyu train trip from Umeda to go to Arashiyama. Walk about and admire the scenery. Spend 2 hours there? How long does it take to walk around?

Take the train from Arashiyama to Kawaramachi Station. Walk to Nishiki market for lunch and look around.

Afternoon go to Imperial palace or visit Tofukuji temple. Is it possible to do this 2 places in one afternoon with early sunset ? Too rush?

Have dinner at downtown Kyoto and then take a Hankyu train back to Umeda/Nakatsu from Kawaramachi station

Day 2:
Morning use the Hankyu pass to go to Minoo park. How long does it take to walk around the park? Hopefully have time to also go to the cupnoodle museum at Ikeda till about lunch time.

Afternoon either use the Hankyu pass to go to Kobe or don’t use the pass and visit Nara and visit nara park, Todai-ji temple, Kofuku-ji temple, Kasuga Taisha shrine and deers.

To me Nara looks more attractive while Kobe another big city though the kobe beef seems like a good attraction !

From my calculations I would be able to save some money using the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass even though if go to Nara it would costs me 1600 Y return trip from Osaka station as I cannot use the pass.

Day 3 and Day 4:
Thinking of using the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen to visit attractions like Osaka castle, museum, ferris wheel etc within Osaka area. Also shopping and visit Dotonburi, Namba, shinsaibashi etc

If I get the 1 day Osaka amazing pass then that will leave me with 1 spare day. Should I with 1 spare day visit Nara (means I go to Kobe on day 2) or go to Himeiji castle or head back to Kyoto to visit more attractions there?.

Arashiyama can take you one day just to cover the main sights. If you allocate 2 hrs, the most is to do a quick look-see at Tenryuji and Bamboo Groves only. And you still have to walk back to Arashiyama hankyu stn for your next destination.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3912.html

IMO, Nara is nicer than Kobe.

The 1 or 2 days Amazing Osaka passes you can look though the list of attractions to decide if they worth your money and time or not. For me I gotten the 1 day pass only and did 2 onsens, 1 river cruise and one ferris wheel ride with it. I got my money worth and did things that I enjoyed only.

Last edited by cpuer; 17-11-2015 at 07:35 AM..
Old 17-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #3191

Is osaka a good place to visit/shop if one is an anime fan?

Old 17-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #3192
Master Member

My 4 day plan of Osaka

Day 1:

Day 2:

Afternoon either use the Hankyu pass to go to Kobe or donít use the pass and visit Nara and visit nara park, Todai-ji temple, Kofuku-ji temple, Kasuga Taisha shrine and deers.

Day 3 and Day 4:

my suggestion - choose either Arashiyama or Minoo park. you are spreading your itinerary too thin and not allocating enough time for each event. your morning itinerary for day 1&2 is not realistic.
Old 17-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #3193
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is osaka a good place to visit/shop if one is an anime fan?

for general anime stuff, there is Den Den town which is the Osaka equivalent of Akihabara. there is also the usual Bic and Yodobashi Camera department stores for model kits and figurines and other toys.

if u are looking for anime related attractions, it depending on wat anime u are into. I can only think of the pokemon centres in osaka and the tetsujin28 statue in kobe. maybe Kyoto to visit the sites that are featured in assassination classroom ,k-on and other animes.
Old 17-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #3194
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shibuya, akihabara, shinjuku

Pokemon center is where ar

If i know which pass is best i wouldnt have asked here

what he meant is that u can only determine which pass is best based on the places u are going.
if u are just visiting the places within Tokyo city, u dun really need any passes. just get a store-value card, such as SUICA, to get ard.
Old 17-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #3195
Master Member

Anyone visited fushimi Inari shrine during the night?

Plan to visit it next month but not sure whether is it safe?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.