Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm planning to go during late November, got snow anot?? Haha is it very hard to travel around/communicate there? Haven't been to Japan before T.T

unlikely to have snow in November unless u are up high mountains. even hokkaido also may not have started snowing.
however, late nov is the time to see autumn leaves in places like tokyo, osaka, kyoto.

travelling around in big cities is easy coz there are english signs in train stations. most ppl in cities know a bit of english. they may not be comfortable to converse in english with u, but at least shld be able to understand a few key words. so not much of a problem there.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, will be bringing kids.

Been to japan last year for 7 days to Osaka and Tokyo. Tokyo was big and didn't manage to visit all of Tokyo.

This time, hope to visit Japan for 12 days in December. Hope to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo as need to go disneyland.

My Question
1) Is the next most logic city to visit Kyoto and Hokkaido?
2) If Tokyo, Kyoto and Hokkaido, which city to go first and which city to go last?

1) no. both kyoto and hokkaido are far from tokyo. travelling to tokyo, kyoto and hokkaido is going to be a challenge since u only have 12 days. either do tokyo with kyoto, or tokyo with hokkaido. or u can just do tokyo with side trips to nearby places such as mt fuj, hakone, nikko, kamakura.

2) if u really must go these 3 places, u can consider getting open-jaw tickets, fly into tokyo, domestic flight to hokkaido, domestic flight from hokkaido to osaka (for kyoto), and depart from osaka

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
1) no. both kyoto and hokkaido are far from tokyo. travelling to tokyo, kyoto and hokkaido is going to be a challenge since u only have 12 days. either do tokyo with kyoto, or tokyo with hokkaido. or u can just do tokyo with side trips to nearby places such as mt fuj, hakone, nikko, kamakura.

2) if u really must go these 3 places, u can consider getting open-jaw tickets, fly into tokyo, domestic flight to hokkaido, domestic flight from hokkaido to osaka (for kyoto), and depart from osaka

Thanks. Will be going tokyo and Hokkaido then. Since Kyoto seems to have lot of temple which the children do not know how to appreciate

alyssax

Reaction score
I just came from Japan with my passport half-stapled with receipts from the shops in Japan... Can I remove these receipts? They are making my passport thick and inconvenient...

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
got bullet train from tokyo to Hokkaido and how much is it and how long is it?

I google and there seems to be sea in between tokyo and hokkaido

I tried to google and it confusing.

nemo88

Reaction score
I just came from Japan with my passport half-stapled with receipts from the shops in Japan... Can I remove these receipts? They are making my passport thick and inconvenient...

You were supposed to turn those in at the airport when you left Japan.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you didnt remove it, just ask the customs officer next time to remove it when u leave Japan again.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Now that you are home, you can remove them. The immigration officer at Narita remarked that I did a lot of shopping in Japan, but did not collect the receipts. The customs desk was also not manned, so now that I am home, I removed the receipts from my passport.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

At KIX before the custom got a small box for you to remove and deposit those receipts.

Better to do so or else got evidence for singapore custom for GST collection.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u can use hyperdia to check train schedules in japan:
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/s...h_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7

tokyo to sapporo takes about 9hrs and cost 26620yen (abt $350) one way. however, there are rail passes that can cover the trip, such as the 7-day JR pass, or the JR East South Hokkaido pass.

but it will be cheaper to take domestic flight to hokkaido if u dun intend to visit places in between.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

The tunnel between Hokkaido and Honshu (island with Tokyo) just opened and bullet train service is now available between Tokyo and southern Hokkaido. Since the bullet train does not go all the way to northern Hokkaido and Sapporo at this time, a change of train is necessary at Shin-Hakokdate-Hokuto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkaido_Shinkansen

Schedule
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/english/ttable/08.pdf

Fare:
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. Seem like it really far, expensive, time consuming to go to Hokkaido. Is it worth to go there?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. Seem like it really far, expensive, time consuming to go to Hokkaido. Is it worth to go there?

No ... why would anyone travel all the way just there just for the freshest seafood, stunning scenery, powder snow, vast open space, crisp clean air, onsen, best pastries, cheaper than many other parts of Japan ? :D

divingwithme

Reaction score
Going to Shirakawa-go

hi,

I planning to go Shirakawa-go from Takayama. Which bus company is cheap? And any farmhouse able to let 1 guest to stay in? Most i see don't allow :( Or should i take half day tour at Takayama?

Last edited:

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi sexpert,

First trip to japan go osaka-kyoto-nara ok bo?

Or die die must go tokyo first?

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
store your annual leave first
take 3 weeks holiday in Japan then u could actually do both Kansai and Kanto

wah cannot tahan for so long lo.. maybe now go kansai first..how many days enough ah for osaka-kyoto-nara? or maybe can add in some city which is nearby then i go 10days lo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.