Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #3331
Supremacy Member

My way is silent mode.

Can go Japan free and easy or not? Can the locals communicate in english if we ask for directions? Coz if I go tour package hor, worried everything will be rushed then will not enjoy..
Old 03-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #3332
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can go Japan free and easy or not? Can the locals communicate in english if we ask for directions? Coz if I go tour package hor, worried everything will be rushed then will not enjoy..
easy to do free and easy in japan even if u dun speak Japanese. English signs and menus common especially in big cities like Tokyo and Osaka, as well as popular tourist spots.
I dunno any Japanese, except for the usual 'excuse me' and 'thank you', and still managed to get ard, even to more ulu places
Old 03-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #3333
Arch-Supremacy Member

Monday I was in the wrong platform to nakano. A salaryman came to ask if he could help in English. He showed me to the right platform even though he was in a hurry. Really appreciated that.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:10 PM   #3334

Just got back from a solo trip (Kyoto 6 days, Tokyo 11 days) and thinking of going back in Mar/Apr for cherry blossoms. Friends advised against it and suggested Seoul instead since I just got back from Japan, shopping in Seoul is cheaper and I'd be able to see the cherry blossoms in Jeju (but honestly think the domestic flight there from Seoul isn't worth it).

Heart says Japan but brains says Seoul. Help please?!

I went without an itinerary cause I didn't want to but managed to visit important landmarks in Kyoto like the temples. Tokyo for main districts like shinjuku, shibuya etc. BUT I still feel like I could have gone to more places given the number of days I had? Didn't manage to visit Nara or Hakone but spent a day at Osaka for the aquarium. And also because I start my day late at about 1pm/2pm everyday? That leaves about 2 hrs plus of "day" for me until the sun sets at 430 ish.

I have allocated about 11 days in late Mar/Apr 2016. And I'm not sure if I should split my trip between Osaka/Tokyo or just stay in Tokyo? I'm thinking Tokyo then the next trip to Japan would be Osaka/Kyoto/Nara which makes more economical sense since I can get the Kansai JR pass. Or just... forgo trip to Tokyo and do Seoul instead.

What say you people? Some suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #3335
Master Member

if based in osaka u can go kobe himeji kyoto nara hiroshima kinosaki arima plus a lot more....

if tokyo also a lot more daytrips also. if u wake up early haha...
Old 04-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #3336
Master Member

Is it straightforward to buy Doraemon museum tickets at Lawson? How many days is recommended in advance? I am thinking of Voyagin but as I will be staying at Airbnb, i would need to collect at their office which is slightly inconvenient.
Anyone? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #3337
Supremacy Member

Anyone? Thanks.
better to buy at least bout 1 week in advance?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #3338
Supremacy Member

Just got back from a solo trip (Kyoto 6 days, Tokyo 11 days) and thinking of going back in Mar/Apr for cherry blossoms. Friends advised against it and suggested Seoul instead since I just got back from Japan, shopping in Seoul is cheaper and I'd be able to see the cherry blossoms in Jeju (but honestly think the domestic flight there from Seoul isn't worth it).

I went without an itinerary cause I didn't want to but managed to visit important landmarks in Kyoto like the temples. Tokyo for main districts like shinjuku, shibuya etc. BUT I still feel like I could have gone to more places given the number of days I had? Didn't manage to visit Nara or Hakone but spent a day at Osaka for the aquarium. And also because I start my day late at about 1pm/2pm everyday? That leaves about 2 hrs plus of "day" for me until the sun sets at 430 ish.

I have allocated about 11 days in late Mar/Apr 2016. And I'm not sure if I should split my trip between Osaka/Tokyo or just stay in Tokyo? I'm thinking Tokyo then the next trip to Japan would be Osaka/Kyoto/Nara which makes more economical sense since I can get the Kansai JR pass. Or just... forgo trip to Tokyo and do Seoul instead.

If you can do Tokyo, you can try side trips like Yokohama, Nikko, Nagano, Nagoya, Shizuoka, etc.
I am personally a Osaka person, cos my hairstylist is in Himeji.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #3339
Master Member

i'm doing seoul-busan for late mar-early april! i didn't check for sure but there might be fewer hotel choices for tokyo/osaka already i think. i've just returned from my 15 day japan trip over the weekend.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #3340
Master Member

better to buy at least bout 1 week in advance?
Thanks. Looks like Lawson will be my first stop when I arrive.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #3341

hi guys! does the Tokyo Metro & Toei Subway Line cover most places and tourist attractions? If so, I am planning to get 3 x 3 days Tokyo subway ticket for my 10 days trip to reduce spending on travelling.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #3342
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most are along jr Yamanote line. Some are along metro, like Roppongi, Tsukuji etc
Old 05-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #3343

Most are along jr Yamanote line. Some are along metro, like Roppongi, Tsukuji etc
If so, should I get the 3 days pass or just get suica instead? I want to save as much as possible for the travelling
Old 05-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #3344
Arch-Supremacy Member

If so, should I get the 3 days pass or just get suica instead? I want to save as much as possible for the travelling
My opinion is SUICA is most versatile. If you must use passes, better get those 1 or 2 days ones. Then that 1 or 2 days keep cheionging the metro friendly sights. 3 days seems long and unnecessary limiting to me, IMO.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #3345
Master Member

is M1 data passport based on no. of days or the calendar month?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.