Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the green car reserved seating? If so then its excluded from the JR Kansai pass leh.

I think it's ~1000Y for Kansai airport to Tennoji in 30mins, what other cheaper express options are there?

Green car is business class of the train. Normal airport rapid train to tennoji is around 1060 yen.
Haruka is another 650 yen for unreserved compared to the normal rapid train.

nemo88

Reaction score
Green car is business class of the train. Normal airport rapid train to tennoji is around 1060 yen.
Haruka is another 650 yen for unreserved compared to the normal rapid train.

Right ok - Haruka is only 1100Y if you have the ICOCA card.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Right ok - Haruka is only 1100Y if you have the ICOCA card.

think you are mistaken...

standard JR rapid express from anywhere on the osaka loop to kix is JPY 1060.

to take the haruka limited express train, you have to pay these extras on top of the basic jpy 1060 fare
- non-reserved seating +jpy 650
- reserved seating +jpy 1170
- green seating (aka first class) +jpy 1930

with the jr kansai area pass, can use the non-reserved seating on the haruka limited express only

here are the options for tennoji - kix
haruka (direct) - 35mins - jpy1710 (non reserved)
jr rapid express (direct) - 52mins - jpy1060
jr to shinimamiya change to nankai airport express - 48mins - jpy1040

etpt70

Reaction score
Touching down in Tokyo early Sunday morning. Heard that there are some parks where cosplayers go and hang out. Any recommendation pls?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Touching down in Tokyo early Sunday morning. Heard that there are some parks where cosplayers go and hang out. Any recommendation pls?

Harajuku? Yoyogi Park. But actually not so many so called cosplayer.

ninjakeet

Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering if bringing food from Singapore through Japan customs is allowed. Not fresh meats or vegs, but for example: processed food tightsealed in cans or jars, or vacuum packed

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
think you are mistaken...

standard JR rapid express from anywhere on the osaka loop to kix is JPY 1060.

to take the haruka limited express train, you have to pay these extras on top of the basic jpy 1060 fare
- non-reserved seating +jpy 650
- reserved seating +jpy 1170
- green seating (aka first class) +jpy 1930

with the jr kansai area pass, can use the non-reserved seating on the haruka limited express only

here are the options for tennoji - kix
haruka (direct) - 35mins - jpy1710 (non reserved)
jr rapid express (direct) - 52mins - jpy1060
jr to shinimamiya change to nankai airport express - 48mins - jpy1040

I believe he was referring to this: https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/

JPY1100 for discounted Haruka limited express, non-reserved seat fare.

nemo88

Reaction score
I believe he was referring to this: https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/

Yes, correct. Thanks I didn't think to share as I assumed this was a known standard offering like the now-defunct NEX+SUICA package.

Had not intended to get an ICOCA card since I have a few SUICA, but for this deal I guess I'll be adding an ICOCA to my collection LOL.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by day trip? I plotted out a 3d2n side trip there and I had to skip the talisen(sp) so I can go and walk through kyu karuizawa ginza area...

note that this is with a rental car

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any day trip to get while in Karuizawa?
if you do the outlet in the afternoon till it closes at 8pm, probably just a 2 to 3 hrs bicycle ride around town will use up most your daylight time. This is assuming you are coming from Tokyo via Shinkansen. That's my experience though. Just spend some time at the pond, the Kyu Karuizawa Ginza, Sei Paolo Church etc. The rest are my dreaded outlet shopping by accompanying my wife.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

oic thanks for pointing this out.

this is indeed quite a good promotion since the standard fare is already jpy1060 using the normal rapid train. you pay jpy40 more with this and you save about 20 mins.

however, if you already have a suica or some other card, there is really no point in getting a icoca card. i rather get the kansai one pass which has more commemorative value.

and if you are getting the kansai thru pass, even less reason to get the icoca card...

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you do the outlet in the afternoon till it closes at 8pm, probably just a 2 to 3 hrs bicycle ride around town will use up most your daylight time. This is assuming you are coming from Tokyo via Shinkansen. That's my experience though. Just spend some time at the pond, the Kyu Karuizawa Ginza, Sei Paolo Church etc. The rest are my dreaded outlet shopping by accompanying my wife.

There's stuff to do in karuizawa in winter? o.o

nemo88

Reaction score
oic thanks for pointing this out.

this is indeed quite a good promotion since the standard fare is already jpy1060 using the normal rapid train. you pay jpy40 more with this and you save about 20 mins.

however, if you already have a suica or some other card, there is really no point in getting a icoca card. i rather get the kansai one pass which has more commemorative value.

and if you are getting the kansai thru pass, even less reason to get the icoca card...

For myself even thought I have a SUICA i will still get the ICOCA+Haruka bundle deal because I need it to get to/from airport. And yeah, will get the Kansai One Pass - as long as it's an ICOCA card the Haruka discounted price applies. Which is really great.

Anyway I will likely then return one or two SUICAs next time I'm in Tokyo and get the deposit back. I somehow ended up with 4, I think friends had passed them to me, and now I also pass them to friends travelling to Japan. But I really don't need 5 of these cards sitting around... LOL

The decision on Kansai Thru Pass vs JR West Pass is for my friend to figure out!

Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey gurus. I am planning to catch sakura blossoms next year in Kansai area Osaka, Kyoto and or Nara. Do you think 29 Mar to 11 Apr alright? I know it's all nature, so it's hard to predict, so just wanted to get some of your past years experience to gauge
Thanks guys.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

Windowlover

Reaction score
Will be in Tokyo in weeks time, I have listed some attraction and seach the web, however alot of time it is only show the places of interest. Anyone have actual map or how to walk from station information ? I really need this information than get lost and start answer around all the time.:s13:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be in Tokyo in weeks time, I have listed some attraction and seach the web, however alot of time it is only show the places of interest. Anyone have actual map or how to walk from station information ? I really need this information than get lost and start answer around all the time.:s13:

What i always do is create custom google Maps

MXyg2Os.jpg

What i created for my trip next month

https://www.google.com/maps/d/

Google Maps will guide you to your destination!

HyEREol.jpg

nemo88

Reaction score
Google maps is excellent - will provide you with the public transport options, trains and even bus. Just input your starting location and destination.

Annieloh

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some clarification. Going to Tokyo this month for 10 days. Landing in Haneda and hotel in Ikebukuro.

1) Which is the correct way to go Ikebukuro from Haneda airport.
a) By Keikyu railways to Shinagawa Station follow by taking the JR Yamanote
line to Ikebukuro Station or
b) Taking an airport Limousine bus at Haneda airport. But not sure does it go
direct to Ikebukuro?

I will be at Tokyo for the full period, likely only taking a day trip to Mount Fuji/Hakone. Do i need to purchase the Tokyo Metro & Toei Subway ticket at Haneda airport for our full 10 days? How about Suica card? What is the difference?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.