Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
check with u all uh,
the voltage in Jp is lower than sg right? so what plug/adaptor do I need so that I can charge my iphone and camera battery? Is there one that I can really use in most of the popular countries like Jp, HK, Tw etc?

Nychlus

Reaction score
Hi all, this will be my 1st trip to Japan after years of visiting Taiwan. I made it a point to travel there every end of each year until this year with much consideration.

But ever since, I've been slapped with exp airfares. Am I searching the wrong way? Is there a diff btw Narita and Haneda airport? My traveling dates will be ard 20th dec.. And my stay will be ard 2 weeks plus.. I'm usually slapped with an airfare of at least $900 whereas there r offers from websites like tripzilla offering flights to Tokyo at $400++?? SQ also had offers like that but when I go to their main website, they quoted me 1.2k... -.-

Sorry since those r my baby steps. There r also queries abt traveling out of Tokyo and my frds do not wish to go too far.. But I will continue reading up TS guides! ( don't have a lot of time also but will try)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this will be my 1st trip to Japan after years of visiting Taiwan. I made it a point to travel there every end of each year until this year with much consideration.

But ever since, I've been slapped with exp airfares. Am I searching the wrong way? Is there a diff btw Narita and Haneda airport? My traveling dates will be ard 20th dec.. And my stay will be ard 2 weeks plus.. I'm usually slapped with an airfare of at least $900 whereas there r offers from websites like tripzilla offering flights to Tokyo at $400++?? SQ also had offers like that but when I go to their main website, they quoted me 1.2k... -.-

Sorry since those r my baby steps. There r also queries abt traveling out of Tokyo and my frds do not wish to go too far.. But I will continue reading up TS guides! ( don't have a lot of time also but will try)

dec is peak period so airfare are more expensive. have u tried search for cathay pacific or malaysia airline? they usually have promo fare

u can use both narita and haneda airport to get to tokyo. narita is outside tokyo and it takes longer to travel to tokyo and cost more. haneda is nearer and cost less. however, not all airlines stops in haneda, and some of the flight timings are quite bad. so weight the pros and cons.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite a lot of outlets, but only have time for one. So asking around to decide which one to go.

I would suggest the one with the biggest discount. This means you have to see what is up when u over there, but since u should be giving it a whole day it should be okay.

greater tokyo area have how many? I only knew of the one at Gotemba :s13:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@nyc

another option is pack the hotel and flight together. I am not sure about your choices on Expedia as mostly peak period like December would have been booked out for the cheaper hotels.

Nychlus

Reaction score
dec is peak period so airfare are more expensive. have u tried search for cathay pacific or malaysia airline? they usually have promo fare

u can use both narita and haneda airport to get to tokyo. narita is outside tokyo and it takes longer to travel to tokyo and cost more. haneda is nearer and cost less. however, not all airlines stops in haneda, and some of the flight timings are quite bad. so weight the pros and cons.

Thx for the advice! Think Cathay pacific also quoted ard 900++. Even cheapest like scoot requires a stopover at taoyuan and it costs ard 800++.. Hence is this the price u guys paid for during this period?

Nychlus

Reaction score
@nyc

another option is pack the hotel and flight together. I am not sure about your choices on Expedia as mostly peak period like December would have been booked out for the cheaper hotels.

Packing hotels and flights together but it's f&e too rite? I know some cheap flights can be booked via your agencies but they alwiz have certain 'catch'.. As for my hotels I uses Agoda..

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would suggest the one with the biggest discount. This means you have to see what is up when u over there, but since u should be giving it a whole day it should be okay.

greater tokyo area have how many? I only knew of the one at Gotemba :s13:

I get what you mean on the discounts. Will use that as an important key for decison making.

Quite a lot. Gotemba seems to be the better known ones, maybe due to its proximity to Hakone and the side benefits of seeing Mt Fuji. Shishui is nice for last minute before take off kind of shopping near Narita.
http://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/en/

But the Mitsui group has a lot more, though smaller in size. Around Tokyo has La fete Tama, Iruma, Makuhari, Yokohama etc. Yokohama said to have nice scenery by the sea. The rest are all ulu ulu ones.:s13:
http://www.31op.com/index.html

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Packing hotels and flights together but it's f&e too rite? I know some cheap flights can be booked via your agencies but they alwiz have certain 'catch'.. As for my hotels I uses Agoda..
yes still F&E.

ssrr at Expedia and do your sums

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get what you mean on the discounts. Will use that as an important key for decison making.

Quite a lot. Gotemba seems to be the better known ones, maybe due to its proximity to Hakone and the side benefits of seeing Mt Fuji. Shishui is nice for last minute before take off kind of shopping near Narita.
PREMIUM OUTLETS®

But the Mitsui group has a lot more, though smaller in size. Around Tokyo has La fete Tama, Iruma, Makuhari, Yokohama etc. Yokohama said to have nice scenery by the sea. The rest are all ulu ulu ones.:s13:
????????????MOP?
I saw a 15th anniversary campaign for the yokohama one?

Premium Outlet have specials for gaijins. Note, this most of the time is on top of the "gaijin discount". Minimum spending is easy to hit in a outlet mall :s22:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx for the advice! Think Cathay pacific also quoted ard 900++. Even cheapest like scoot requires a stopover at taoyuan and it costs ard 800++.. Hence is this the price u guys paid for during this period?

yes. Correct

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've got Delta at abt $700.. Question is, anyone has exp in this airline? I'm pretty big sized and enduring 6hrs++ on a cramp seat might render me crazy.. Sorry for my picky-ness.. XD

u should be happy already. pay more get a larger seat la...

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u should be happy already. pay more get a larger seat la...
My previous flight on Delta to San Fran was torturous due to small seat(small to me, a 180cm tall & 85kg guy). It was an old 747. But fortunately I was on the aisle side, one of my leg can stretch out to the front :s13:

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
seem like go sapporo and tokyo everytime is around 1.2k
on ANA
no changes ahahah

for me for weather i go yahoo or weather underground

Nychlus

Reaction score
My previous flight on Delta to San Fran was torturous due to small seat(small to me, a 180cm tall & 85kg guy). It was an old 747. But fortunately I was on the aisle side, one of my leg can stretch out to the front :s13:

Thx cpuer for the info! But old 747 by rite is a large plane which means the seat shld be spacious enough. There r still clauses abt check-in bags and stuff.. Seems like I have to pay more..

I don't mind paying abit more for bigger seats but I don't think Delta has this option..

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx cpuer for the info! But old 747 by rite is a large plane which means the seat shld be spacious enough. There r still clauses abt check-in bags and stuff.. Seems like I have to pay more..

I don't mind paying abit more for bigger seats but I don't think Delta has this option..
yup, big plane, but they maximize on the space available by squeezing more seats. But SIN to SFO is about 21hrs, for shorter flight like to JP, should be OK lah. Just walk around the aisle way more and before you know it,. landing time :)

Nychlus

Reaction score
yup, big plane, but they maximize on the space available by squeezing more seats. But SIN to SFO is about 21hrs, for shorter flight like to JP, should be OK lah. Just walk around the aisle way more and before you know it,. landing time :)

I know this is abit nit-picking but may I ask.. Even though seats are cramped but r there adjustable aircon nozzles above us? Cramp = compromised ventilation.. Scoot has none and other than the cramping, I was swearing thru out the journey to Taiwan.. Taiwan is abt 4.45hrs from here and Japan via Delta is abt 6.5hrs?

Also, any idea r there any added costs for check-in baggage? What abt weightage limits? Sorry for sounding like Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory bec. I'm not even half as smart as him.. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.