Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #3736
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah..worth considering
I went Nokogiri-yama before, the train come infrequent, if you missed it, have to wait hours for another.
Old 25-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #3737

I will be to and fro osaka in late apr. what is your comments for the below itinerary.

Day 1 - Land osaka 3pm - haruka express to kyoto - stay gion - visit yasaka shrine, pontocho alley.

Day 2 - Nijo castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, Ninna ji Temple (Tenative Late bloom cherry blossom) Arashiyama by Bus Tenryu-ji Temple Bamboo Forest

Day 3 - Kiyomizu-dera temple Ginkaku-ji + Jishu Shrine Path of Philosophy Nishiki Market Daimaru Depachika Ippudo Gogyo Ramen - roasted miso and shoyu ramen

Day 4 - Fushimi Inari Nara - Nara Park > Kasuga Shrine > Nigatsudo Shrine > Todai-ji Temple > Kofukuji Isui-en Garden.

Day 5 - Shinkansen to Hiroshima (8am) > early check in > Train to Miyajimaguchi , Torii gate at Itsukushima shrine > Walk st of Miyajima

Day 6 - Train to JR Tadanoumi Station > Bunny Island > Hondori Street > Hiroshima Castle > Shukkeien Garden > Peace Memorial Park.

Day 7 - 10 > Osaka

Its my first trip to Japan, do you have any tips to offer on transport? Is there a JR pass agency or smth in Sg?

TYVM
Old 25-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #3738
Supremacy Member

from narita t1, to skytree oshaige, do i have to change train? if yes where, and what is the fare from nrt to oshaige in yen please?

Old 25-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #3739
Arch-Supremacy Member

from narita t1, to skytree oshaige, do i have to change train? if yes where, and what is the fare from nrt to oshaige in yen please?
You can use this to find out
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/se...d&sum_target=7
Old 26-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #3740
Arch-Supremacy Member

I will be to and fro osaka in late apr. what is your comments for the below itinerary.

Day 1 - Land osaka 3pm - haruka express to kyoto - stay gion - visit yasaka shrine, pontocho alley.

Day 2 - Nijo castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, Ninna ji Temple (Tenative Late bloom cherry blossom) Arashiyama by Bus Tenryu-ji Temple Bamboo Forest

Day 3 - Kiyomizu-dera temple Ginkaku-ji + Jishu Shrine Path of Philosophy Nishiki Market Daimaru Depachika Ippudo Gogyo Ramen - roasted miso and shoyu ramen

Day 4 - Fushimi Inari Nara - Nara Park > Kasuga Shrine > Nigatsudo Shrine > Todai-ji Temple > Kofukuji Isui-en Garden.

Day 5 - Shinkansen to Hiroshima (8am) > early check in > Train to Miyajimaguchi , Torii gate at Itsukushima shrine > Walk st of Miyajima

Day 6 - Train to JR Tadanoumi Station > Bunny Island > Hondori Street > Hiroshima Castle > Shukkeien Garden > Peace Memorial Park.

Day 7 - 10 > Osaka

Its my first trip to Japan, do you have any tips to offer on transport? Is there a JR pass agency or smth in Sg?

TYVM
day 6 is going to be too packed. it is about 2hr to get from Hiroshima to Tadanoumi station, and another 15min by ferry to Okunoshima. see schedule here:
http://www.qkamura.or.jp/ohkuno/acce.../jikokuhyo.pdf

it is likely to be afternoon by the time u are back in Hiroshima. peace park and memorial museum can easily take the whole afternoon. and Shukkenien closes at 5pm. u will probably have to drop Suhkkenien and castle. Hondori u can leave it for the evening or do it on day 5 evening since there is nothing to do at all in miyajima after dark.
pro-fork likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #3741
Supremacy Member

day 6 is going to be too packed. it is about 2hr to get from Hiroshima to Tadanoumi station, and another 15min by ferry to Okunoshima. see schedule here:
http://www.qkamura.or.jp/ohkuno/acce.../jikokuhyo.pdf

it is likely to be afternoon by the time u are back in Hiroshima. peace park and memorial museum can easily take the whole afternoon. and Shukkenien closes at 5pm. u will probably have to drop Suhkkenien and castle. Hondori u can leave it for the evening or do it on day 5 evening since there is nothing to do at all in miyajima after dark.
Or you could do miyajima and peace park in the same day. I did that. including the mountain at miyajima.
pro-fork likes this.
Old 27-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #3742

Hihi,

First time to Tokyo on my own.
Any recommendation for cheap, clean accommodation for 2.
I am going for a shopping spree in July. Have bought the air ticket.TIA
Old 27-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #3743
Supremacy Member

"Cheap" is very vague leh. What sort of budget are you looking at?
Old 27-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #3744

[QUOTE=deodorant;99974375]"Cheap" is very vague leh. What sort of budget are you looking at?[/QUO

I think ard S$100 per night for two.
Old 28-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #3745
Supremacy Member

Hihi,

First time to Tokyo on my own.
I am going for a shopping spree in July. Have bought the air ticket.TIA
this kind of vague open ended qns without even bother to self google to narrow down the scope. why dont you just stay in some capsule hotel since it's cheap.
Old 28-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #3746
Supremacy Member

Below 100sgd I guess
Unless he don't mind share lavatory and room then it will be much cheaper
Old 29-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #3747

I have a flight that reaches Kansai Intl at 5.40pm.. and a domestic flight leaving there at 7.05pm. Can I make it?
Old 29-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #3748
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have a flight that reaches Kansai Intl at 5.40pm.. and a domestic flight leaving there at 7.05pm. Can I make it?
if it is peach airline, it is on a separate terminal that require a shuttle bus. u probably will not be able to make it in time in tt case coz u still need to clear customs and domestic usually require u to check in 30min before flight
Old 29-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #3749

if it is peach airline, it is on a separate terminal that require a shuttle bus. u probably will not be able to make it in time in tt case coz u still need to clear customs and domestic usually require u to check in 30min before flight
yeah, it's peach aviation. oh. hmm.
Old 29-02-2016, 04:39 PM   #3750
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah, it's peach aviation. oh. hmm.
how about staying a night at Rinku town and do some shopping then take domestic flight the next day?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.