HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #376
Supremacy Member

hey end of sep is it very warm or not huh?
i wonder will rain the whole week or not?
warm and hot i think. :p
Old 22-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #377
Master Member

What are some of the cheap electronics to get in Akihabara? Or any shops that are must-see?

Thanks (:
Old 22-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #378
Master Member

it's already hot over there for the past 2 weeks i was there.
about 36 on average.
Old 23-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #379
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, for Lake Toya in Hokkaido. Is there a lot of restaurants or eateries there. Is it worth taking breakfast and dinner package which is about 5000 yen per person per day at the accomodations there?
Old 23-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #380

Hi, for Lake Toya in Hokkaido. Is there a lot of restaurants or eateries there. Is it worth taking breakfast and dinner package which is about 5000 yen per person per day at the accomodations there?
Bro, most hotels ard Toyako are onsen hotels or Ryokans. By default, they should provide half board (breakfast n dinner) in the room $$.

There are restaurants over there. But be advised bro, if you want full seafood dinner buffet with Hokkaido snow crabs etc, the $$ you pay for EACH pax in a typical seafood Izakaya in Hokkaido is almost the price difference for the whole hotel room with half board and another without

In addition, many restaurants in Hokkaido closes at 5-6pm. You will be hard pressed to find a restaurant that opens late into the night outside Susukino district, Sapporo.

In Hokkaido, their people are not like Sinkies, where we are expected to work for long hours and little pay. They value their family and off duty life more than we do so you gotta get used to the fact that their restaurants, esp those family run restaurants closes by sun down.

Try booking with hotel.com or booking.com for better rates bro. You shd be looking at approx SG$200-250 /room with half board. The rooms will be traditional Japs tatami design so it can accomodate 2-4 pax.
Old 23-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #381
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro, most hotels ard Toyako are onsen hotels or Ryokans. By default, they should provide half board (breakfast n dinner) in the room $$.

There are restaurants over there. But be advised bro, if you want full seafood dinner buffet with Hokkaido snow crabs etc, the $$ you pay for EACH pax in a typical seafood Izakaya in Hokkaido is almost the price difference for the whole hotel room with half board and another without

In addition, many restaurants in Hokkaido closes at 5-6pm. You will be hard pressed to find a restaurant that opens late into the night outside Susukino district, Sapporo.

In Hokkaido, their people are not like Sinkies, where we are expected to work for long hours and little pay. They value their family and off duty life more than we do so you gotta get used to the fact that their restaurants, esp those family run restaurants closes by sun down.

Try booking with hotel.com or booking.com for better rates bro. You shd be looking at approx SG$200-250 /room with half board. The rooms will be traditional Japs tatami design so it can accomodate 2-4 pax.
Assuming I am not taking seafood Izakaya but simple meals such as donburi. Is it worth taking rooms without board. I don't mind eating early though. My main worry is lack of restaurants or eateries in Lake Toya
Old 23-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #382

Assuming I am not taking seafood Izakaya but simple meals such as donburi. Is it worth taking rooms without board. I don't mind eating early though. My main worry is lack of restaurants or eateries in Lake Toya
Toyako is circular. You will prob need to drive ard the lake and perhaps spread out to the artries roads abit to find the restaurants you're looking for.

There should be a few restaurants by the lake. But I cannot confirm if they've simple meals like what you've mentioned. Toyako is almost a must go for all packaged tour groups in SG (and other SE Asia countries).

The groups will eat in the hotel main dining room as half board is included in their room rates. There's no need to venture outta hotel for food.

Do google ard to see if you can find a list of restaurants ard Toyako. Worse case scenario.. buy fast food dinner from 7-11, Lawson or SenicoMart and bring them back to your hotel room and eat
Old 24-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #383

No problem with food at toya. See 北海道への観光・温泉・旅行なら【洞爺湖温泉】 | 社団法人 洞爺湖温泉観光協会.

Most restaurant are around the hotel area and are open till at least 9pm. The green dots on the map are the restaurant location. Boyotei has pretty good review.
OddEye likes this.
Old 24-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #384
Arch-Supremacy Member

No problem with food at toya. See 北海道への観光・温泉・旅行なら【洞爺湖温泉】 | 社団法人 洞爺湖温泉観光協会.

Most restaurant are around the hotel area and are open till at least 9pm. The green dots on the map are the restaurant location. Boyotei has pretty good review.
Thanks for pointing to this website Haha I didn't google this site out
Old 24-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #385

Hi, I understand that there are quite a few train lines running through Shinjuku. Is there any map/guide available online to show the various train lines' location in Shinjuku station? It's my first time to Tokyo and I'd read that the station is really huge and first-timers might get lost :/ thanks in advance..

Also I'll be staying at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, any idea which is the nearest exit?
Old 24-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #386

Hi, I understand that there are quite a few train lines running through Shinjuku. Is there any map/guide available online to show the various train lines' location in Shinjuku station? It's my first time to Tokyo and I'd read that the station is really huge and first-timers might get lost :/ thanks in advance..

Also I'll be staying at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, any idea which is the nearest exit?
South or Southern terrace. (i prefer southern terrace)
Old 24-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #387
Supremacy Member

What are some of the cheap electronics to get in Akihabara? Or any shops that are must-see?

Thanks (:
I think LABI Akihabara is a good place to shop for electronics.
Old 24-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #388
Supremacy Member

Google map is ur best friend.
Old 24-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #389
Master Member

hi, i am planning to send some stuffs back to singapore via mail, due to not enough luggage space.

i am heading to toyko, which post office should i go to? are they like singapore only 1 post office company singpost?

do they have english for it?

what is the rough cost, let say send 500g stuff back?

pls advise expert
Old 24-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #390
Supremacy Member

hi, i am planning to send some stuffs back to singapore via mail, due to not enough luggage space.

i am heading to toyko, which post office should i go to? are they like singapore only 1 post office company singpost?

do they have english for it?

what is the rough cost, let say send 500g stuff back?

pls advise expert
i ever send books back to SG before. About 10kg of books.
You can go to any post office.
English Top Page - JP Post

what thing u wanna ship back.
If can, sometimes the customs allow u to put in, if only 500g.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.