Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thwysg

Reaction score
Hey guys anybody have experience on booking at sukiyabashi jiro. I understand that reservations can only be made one month in advance and usually you can ask ur hotel to help u book. But I am stay in bnb. Anyways around it thanks.

Read from other forums that Jiro accepts reservations strictly via hotel concierge. Good luck.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys anybody have experience on booking at sukiyabashi jiro. I understand that reservations can only be made one month in advance and usually you can ask ur hotel to help u book. But I am stay in bnb. Anyways around it thanks.

Jiro is one of the hardest restaurant to get any reservations in Japan. They open their booking 2 months prior (Eating in Feb, Book on 1st Jan).

I tried booking through my Japanese friends and even with hotel concierge, The 1st day of booking open for the month, they are fully booked for the new month. My timing is so flexible, any date any time they also can fully booked :eek:

So i think the chance of normal people booking is basically zero.
Either you are "Regular" in the restaurants, or you are people with elite status (Political, Business, Celebrity) or you know someone who are close to the restaurant.

In Tokyo, there are some restaurants that no matter how much money you can pay, you can't get inside one.;)

However, the good thing is that there are other good sushi shops with higher chance of reservations in Tokyo. So you still fine.

lordleslie

Reaction score
You mean Nike store or sports lab by atmos?

My wife always buy airmax, colors not available in sg or even at Japan premium outlet..

For my recent trip, I brought a pair of pegasus rostarr, design was just out that month I went..

If looking for Nike, go to the store near harajuku

sherynk007

Banned
Reaction score
hello everyone.

should i go to sapporo in early may (4-11 may) to try to catch cherry blossom. not too sure whether the chance of seeing will be high though. if not i am also thinking of going okinawa but is it a good period to visit during that time??

appiez

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to eat shiroko in tokyo? Not looking at restaurant type.

Had this in tsukiji market mar 15. This yr mar went back can't find it anymore. :(

IMG_20150319_131014.jpg

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to eat shiroko in tokyo? Not looking at restaurant type.

Had this in tsukiji market mar 15. This yr mar went back can't find it anymore. :(

IMG_20150319_131014.jpg

first time i see someone here asking for sperm :s13:
most sushi shops have shiroko i think

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can share their itinerary for Kansai? I am thinking to go for a 7-10 days holidays alone during late March - early April. Preferably with USJ in, because they having a "Universal Cool Japan 2017" which I hope to go. If possible, catch the sakura blooms if timing is right.
The challenge is always the traveling alone part....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

thwysg

Reaction score
Anyone can share their itinerary for Kansai? I am thinking to go for a 7-10 days holidays alone during late March - early April. Preferably with USJ in, because they having a "Universal Cool Japan 2017" which I hope to go. If possible, catch the sakura blooms if timing is right.
The challenge is always the traveling alone part....

I think your main challenge is on lodging. Super peak season unless you're looking at simple lodging such as hostels.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, what time is tokyo rush hour for morning and evening?

7 till roughly 8? the key difference lie in the line you are riding on. Chuo line for example is a very bad idea during morning and evening time.

hi, is it possible to buy Tokyo wide pass but only to start it the next day?

you can choose the start date, it will run for 3 consecutive days

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i want to go to Mt. Fuji's 5th Station, can I DIY? or have to take tour?

have anyone tried this tour?
http://www.japanican.com/en/tour/detail/BUS1G10211MKA/?typecd=TOU&destcd=M04&aff=SEM

There's direct bus from Shinjuku BUSTA bring you straight to 5th stn, no need tour at all. Once you are there, if the weather permit and the trail to 6th stn is not closed, you should make a short climb up there. Wonderful view and away from the maddening crowd at 5th.

http://highway-buses.jp/access/

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone been to lake kawaguchi, one of the mt fuji five lakes?
any place to stay to recommend? also what to do there at the lake?
will spend 1 night there only.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone been to lake kawaguchi, one of the mt fuji five lakes?
any place to stay to recommend? also what to do there at the lake?
will spend 1 night there only.

Went there last year..Stayed at Weekend Shuffle Lakeside B&B..

Weekend Shuffle
R7MlTyah.jpg

Mt Fuji from Lake Kawaguchiko which is just across the road from the B&B
T004hePh.jpg

Rather quiet at night..This is the other side of the lake from the bus station..Think bus station side abit more store in the evening..

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went there last year..Stayed at Weekend Shuffle Lakeside B&B..

Weekend Shuffle
R7MlTyah.jpg

Mt Fuji from Lake Kawaguchiko which is just across the road from the B&B
T004hePh.jpg

Rather quiet at night..This is the other side of the lake from the bus station..Think bus station side abit more store in the evening..

i realise most of the places to stay are south of the lake. i was looking for places north of the lake, so can get a view of lake + mt fuji. sadly, those places are either too expensive or no more rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.