Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2016, 07:14 AM   #4111
Supremacy Member

Japan Golden Week last few days.
Luckily I was warned by HIS Japanese staff when I bought JRP.
All that route on last Sunday afternoon onwards were full.
Otherwise I will be sitting next to the Shinkansen toilet for 4.5 hours.

Wow, must be some special occasion. JR Hokkaido has been reporting / forecasting some dismal load numbers (like around the region of 30% only) ...
Old 05-05-2016, 08:58 AM   #4112
Master Member

The new bus limousine expressway bus stop at Shinjuku, does it stop at the flyover itself? Next to the ticket counter for JR rail pass or Tokyo pass?
Old 05-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #4113
High Supremacy Member

Anyone watch concert in Japan before? Going to watch a live at Shinjuku RENY. Any advice?
I have done one at Yokohama arena

note the details on your ticket or e-ticket. Go earlier if you want to buy concert goods, it is also a good idea to go a bit earlier to queue for entry. Some venues charge an extra venue entry fee, Tokyo Zepp for example will charge entry which includes a drink.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #4114

Possible to tour hokkaido then take shinkasen to osaka? Wondering if the Japan rail pass can be use to save on transport cost?
Old 05-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #4115
Supremacy Member

Sure if you have the time.
I did more than this last week.

Hakodate to Tokyo: 4.5 hours Shinkansen
Tokyo to Osaka : <3hours Shinkansen

Others : limited express etc.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #4116
Arch-Supremacy Member

Possible to tour hokkaido then take shinkasen to osaka? Wondering if the Japan rail pass can be use to save on transport cost?
possible, but it will be much faster and cheaper to go by domestic flight. train will be good if there are places u are visiting along the way
Old 05-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #4117

Thanks for all forum members on clarifications on the reserved seat. I am not buying JR pass coz only use it for one day to alpine route. I will get the ticket at Narita airport and also the Y9000 tateyama kurobe option ticket. Website says can buy at airport JR office.

From hyperdia search , I plan to dep from Oshiage station taking the toei subway asakusa line at 5.51am to start early to Toyama. It takes 3 mins to reach Asakusa (tobu/Subway at 5.54. From here, there is a yellow transfer box that says leaving at 6.01 to reach Ueno at 6.05am. I pay at oshiage station Y280 and it will cover my whole journey to Ueno right, assuming I already bought in advance the shinkasen ticket at the airport.

My question is can I make it in 6 mins to get out of the coach and find the transfer train.

Also at Ueno, I think I have to get out of the station and look for the Shinkasen ticket entrance to go to track 19 which leaves at 6.22 to Toyama, again very tight timing.

Thank you again.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #4118

Sure if you have the time.
I did more than this last week.

Hakodate to Tokyo: 4.5 hours Shinkansen
Tokyo to Osaka : <3hours Shinkansen

Others : limited express etc.
Oh that's quite some time but is included in the rail pass so cost wise maybe cheaper compared to taking flight...thanks I go read about it...
Old 05-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #4119
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have done one at Yokohama arena

note the details on your ticket or e-ticket. Go earlier if you want to buy concert goods, it is also a good idea to go a bit earlier to queue for entry. Some venues charge an extra venue entry fee, Tokyo Zepp for example will charge entry which includes a drink.
A little late because I am back in Singapore le. :p
Am glad I attended the performance, I didn't know it was Jupiter's last show with the current members.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #4120
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for all forum members on clarifications on the reserved seat. I am not buying JR pass coz only use it for one day to alpine route. I will get the ticket at Narita airport and also the Y9000 tateyama kurobe option ticket. Website says can buy at airport JR office.

From hyperdia search , I plan to dep from Oshiage station taking the toei subway asakusa line at 5.51am to start early to Toyama. It takes 3 mins to reach Asakusa (tobu/Subway at 5.54. From here, there is a yellow transfer box that says leaving at 6.01 to reach Ueno at 6.05am. I pay at oshiage station Y280 and it will cover my whole journey to Ueno right, assuming I already bought in advance the shinkasen ticket at the airport.

My question is can I make it in 6 mins to get out of the coach and find the transfer train.

Also at Ueno, I think I have to get out of the station and look for the Shinkasen ticket entrance to go to track 19 which leaves at 6.22 to Toyama, again very tight timing.

Thank you again.
u can take earlier trains from oshiage to give urself more time to find the platforms. there are trains as early as 5am from oshiage. and even if u cant make it for the 6.22 shinkansen, there is another one at 6.34
Old 05-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #4121

question

if im going to Osaka - from spore to haneda to itami by JAL. from haneda to itami do I need to exit the international airport?
Old 05-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #4122

Hi which area in Tokyo is recommended for staying if using airbnb? Shinjuku area is expensive. Any other outer areas that are still convenient (by train)?

Old 06-05-2016, 03:59 AM   #4123

hello, I need some clarifications.

http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313607567/

Items from this disney online store, it doesnt seem to be able to deliver to singapore?

Do you know if there is any ways to deliver to SG?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #4124
Supremacy Member

hello, I need some clarifications.

http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313607567/

Items from this disney online store, it doesnt seem to be able to deliver to singapore?

Do you know if there is any ways to deliver to SG?

Thanks!
U can engage a forwarder such as tenso or buyee
Old 06-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #4125
High Supremacy Member

A little late because I am back in Singapore le. :p
Am glad I attended the performance, I didn't know it was Jupiter's last show with the current members.
wow! u were there to see Jupiter

as long as Hizaki and Teru staying on, I think they will come back
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.