Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #4231
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks fren
Old 23-05-2016, 12:12 AM   #4232

Planning for a year end trip to hokkaido. Can anyone share whether it is worthwhile to make a trip to niseko if we are not going to ski? We have 2 kids & plan to stay in one of the cottages. Our plan is to enjoy snow activities like snow mobile, kids snow park, onsen & food. Not sure what else to do there but I personally enjoy staying in a cottage amidst snow.

Thanks a lot!

Mayb u can read up more.

There are many Japanese local ski resort in Hokkaido. U need not go to niseko to enjoy snow activities. As most part of Hokkaido had powder snow.

U can consider Rusutsu resort. Quite a good family activities resort. It have log house or cottages
Old 23-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #4233

I would recommend Rusutsu as well, having been to both.

Just be aware that Rusutsu is a self contained resort so there's not much to do outside of it.

Mayb u can read up more.

There are many Japanese local ski resort in Hokkaido. U need not go to niseko to enjoy snow activities. As most part of Hokkaido had powder snow.

U can consider Rusutsu resort. Quite a good family activities resort. It have log house or cottages
Old 23-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #4234

Thanks a lot! It's true that going to niseko all the way from sapporo may sound not worthwhile as we are only going for snow activities, onsen, food & some scenary.

But we have been to rutsusu resort last summer. Now scratching my head as to where else to go. Maybe I'll share our rough itinerary as follows:

1st 3 days: tomamu resort
4th to 5th days: sapporo city
7th to 8th day: jozankei onsen
9th to 11th days: thinking of niseko

Any other suggestion as to where to go for last 3 days?

Our previous summer trip included places like furano, sapporo city, asahikawa, rutsusu, nooberitsu, lake Toya

Thanks a lot!
Old 25-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #4235

one question.

Can I use JR pass on nagano or do i have to purchase another JR east pass for nagano?
As i am going osaka, kyoto and nagano...
Old 25-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #4236
High Supremacy Member

the national JR pass covers all regions
Old 25-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #4237

the national JR pass covers all regions
okok.. thanks ...
Old 26-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #4238
High Supremacy Member

okok.. thanks ...
just an elaboration on regional passes

they are limited in coverage but will offer flexibility in terms of pricing and amount of days

the regular national JR pass comes in 7/14/21 day flavours which will affect your planning since you will want to use the pass as much as possible and not every line is covered by the JR pass.

the regional passes have more choices if you do not intend to go between areas too much
Old 26-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #4239

just an elaboration on regional passes

they are limited in coverage but will offer flexibility in terms of pricing and amount of days

the regular national JR pass comes in 7/14/21 day flavours which will affect your planning since you will want to use the pass as much as possible and not every line is covered by the JR pass.

the regional passes have more choices if you do not intend to go between areas too much
ok thanks... quite confusing with so many passes available.
So long it can cover Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Nara, Nagano

another question,

Is suica better option when travel around tokyo than having tokyo wide pass?

i will be going for 13 days. but will get 7 days JR pass only. so the remaining days in tokyo might getting suica or tokyo wide pass.
Old 26-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #4240
High Supremacy Member

if you are just going to stay within the Japan metropolitan area, a suica card will afford you more flexibility

you can also supplement your suica usage with http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/v...bus/index.html
Old 26-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #4241

if you are just going to stay within the Japan metropolitan area, a suica card will afford you more flexibility

you can also supplement your suica usage with http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/v...bus/index.html

this is good.

thank you.
Old 26-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #4242
High Supremacy Member

ok thanks... quite confusing with so many passes available.
So long it can cover Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Nara, Nagano

another question,

Is suica better option when travel around tokyo than having tokyo wide pass?

i will be going for 13 days. but will get 7 days JR pass only. so the remaining days in tokyo might getting suica or tokyo wide pass.
When I was in Japan, I never bought Suica. It is easy to buy ticket from the machine - there is English option to translate them easily.

Thus, in Tokyo, I opt for Tokyo Metro-Toei Wide Pass. Toei and Tokyo Metro stations are closer to most places I wanted to go than JR ones.
Old 30-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #4243
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone has experience buying USJ tickets online: official website or carousell or those resellers, will be able to enter? or will refuse entry?
Old 30-05-2016, 11:30 PM   #4244

hi all i am trying to plan a trip sometime end mar to early apr next year. thinking of going osaka, Kyoto, day trip to Nara. I am also thinking of going Echigo Yuzawa to experience snow and try skiing. or anywhere nearer that has can experience snow in late march?

should i fly into Tokyo and take bullet train to echigo, spend a night there. then back to Tokyo (or anyway from Echigo to Kyoto direct?) Kyoto (thinking of a few days here) and lastly in Osaka (a few days) then return to SG.

Or is there a better way?

i have tour Tokyo last dec thus dont really intend to venture Tokyo again but have not been to Mount Fuji. Is there any snow at mount fuji? Cause i also dont mind to go Fuji Q Highland for a day at the theme park too.

thanks!
Old 31-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #4245
Supremacy Member

w3nGaL the Nagano mountains will still have snow. Can consider going to one of the onsens there for some ski'ing, couple with a visit to the snow monkeys.
w3nGaL likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.