HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #4246

Dear all,
I am planning to go Biei in december to see the frozen pond & the waterfall, may I know if there are any local tour group that I can engage to bring me (total 4 paxs) from Biei Station & how much?
Old 31-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #4247

w3nGaL the Nagano mountains will still have snow. Can consider going to one of the onsens there for some ski'ing, couple with a visit to the snow monkeys.
Thanks. Snow monkey park by end march will still have snow?

So if I go nagano instead of echigo, should I still fly into Tokyo? Or just fly sin-osaka-sin?
Old 31-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #4248

hi all i am trying to plan a trip sometime end mar to early apr next year. thinking of going osaka, Kyoto, day trip to Nara. I am also thinking of going Echigo Yuzawa to experience snow and try skiing. or anywhere nearer that has can experience snow in late march?

should i fly into Tokyo and take bullet train to echigo, spend a night there. then back to Tokyo (or anyway from Echigo to Kyoto direct?) Kyoto (thinking of a few days here) and lastly in Osaka (a few days) then return to SG.

Or is there a better way?

i have tour Tokyo last dec thus dont really intend to venture Tokyo again but have not been to Mount Fuji. Is there any snow at mount fuji? Cause i also dont mind to go Fuji Q Highland for a day at the theme park too.

thanks!

Not sure how many days u planning to go for this trip...

Seem like quite a lot of places u wana cover....

If u only got one night spare for skiing....

Would suggest u go to echigo yuzawa to try skiing.... n eat the best rice in Japan.

Then next day from there take train to Kanazawa ( overnight optional ) then to kyoto etc....

Then back to tokyo..... FujiQ can do a day trip from tokyo ( best go in early morning n have fun the whole day ) before head back to Tokyo evening time....

Nagano area will be good if u got two nights to spare
Old 31-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #4249
Master Member

anyone has experience buying USJ tickets online: official website or carousell or those resellers, will be able to enter? or will refuse entry?
I bought the tickets and express passes last year on their official website.
They sent to my email address and I got them printed prior to departure. The tickets contained QR code.

When I reached the venue, I handed over my tickets, the staff scanned the QR code and admitted me into the park.
Old 31-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #4250

Not sure how many days u planning to go for this trip...

Seem like quite a lot of places u wana cover....

If u only got one night spare for skiing....

Would suggest u go to echigo yuzawa to try skiing.... n eat the best rice in Japan.

Then next day from there take train to Kanazawa ( overnight optional ) then to kyoto etc....

Then back to tokyo..... FujiQ can do a day trip from tokyo ( best go in early morning n have fun the whole day ) before head back to Tokyo evening time....

Nagano area will be good if u got two nights to spare

thanks for the suggestions! i have about 9 to 10 days i guess...
Old 31-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #4251

thanks for the suggestions! i have about 9 to 10 days i guess...

if the dates are more or less firm....

U can start to lookout for SQ open jaw flight....

Either land osaka out tokyo or land tokyo out osaka...

They do have promo pricing too....

So when u in Tokyo, u can do day trip or one night at yuzawa....

Follow by FujiQ day trip.....

FujiQ is YOLO !!!!! ( every 5 years they change their rides..... )
Old 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #4252

Planning self drive holiday in hokkaido. Which city should i start and end? Time, 1 week. travelling with toddler.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #4253

if the dates are more or less firm....

U can start to lookout for SQ open jaw flight....

Either land osaka out tokyo or land tokyo out osaka...

They do have promo pricing too....

So when u in Tokyo, u can do day trip or one night at yuzawa....

Follow by FujiQ day trip.....

FujiQ is YOLO !!!!! ( every 5 years they change their rides..... )
Yes more or less firm as I wan to see snow in end March and Sakura in early April. What's yolo? Haha thanks !!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #4254
Supremacy Member

Planning self drive holiday in hokkaido. Which city should i start and end? Time, 1 week. travelling with toddler.
Ideally you fly into Sapporo, drive all over and end in Hakodate, then fly back from Hakodate (or the other way around). But this may not be practical (cost or flight-wise) depending on where you'll be before or after Hokkaido. So if it's not practical, just start and end in Sapporo.

Some itinerary sample for you if you're interested: http://look-see-eat.blogspot.sg/2015...ket-ramen.html
Old 02-06-2016, 08:40 AM   #4255
Supremacy Member

planning to travel to lake kawaguchiko from osaka for a night or two and stay at the ryokan before travelling back to tokyo for rest of trip. will dec be able to catch a good view of mount fuji? any recommended ryokan to stay at?
Old 09-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #4256

Hi. I'll be Travelling to new chitose airport via Haneda airport on jal flight. I would like to ask do I need to collect my luggage from international terminal and check in again at the domestic airport?
Old 09-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #4257
Supremacy Member

Hi. I'll be Travelling to new chitose airport via Haneda airport on jal flight. I would like to ask do I need to collect my luggage from international terminal and check in again at the domestic airport?
i think yes. cos its different airport.
Check with the flight attendant.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #4258

Hello! I'm planning to go during late November, got snow anot?? Haha is it very hard to travel around/communicate there? Haven't been to Japan before T.T
Old 12-06-2016, 12:18 AM   #4259
Supremacy Member

any ryokan to recommend for lake kawaguchiko area?
Old 12-06-2016, 02:11 AM   #4260
Banned

Hi, will be bringing kids.

Been to japan last year for 7 days to Osaka and Tokyo. Tokyo was big and didn't manage to visit all of Tokyo.

This time, hope to visit Japan for 12 days in December. Hope to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo as need to go disneyland.

My Question
1) Is the next most logic city to visit Kyoto and Hokkaido?
2) If Tokyo, Kyoto and Hokkaido, which city to go first and which city to go last?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.