HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2016, 05:09 PM   #4306
Arch-Supremacy Member

just wondering if i am traveling to Hakone from shinjuku then from hakone to Narita airport, is it worth for me to get the Hakone 3 day pass @ 5640 yen?
travelling from hakone to narita will require u to pass thru tokyo city. it is not different from returning to shinjuku then going narita.
so worth it or not will depend whether u are taking the various transports (cable car, boat etc.) within Hakone.
read more here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html
Old 22-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #4307

travelling from hakone to narita will require u to pass thru tokyo city. it is not different from returning to shinjuku then going narita.
so worth it or not will depend whether u are taking the various transports (cable car, boat etc.) within Hakone.
read more here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html
Thx for your reply.

Seems worth it, since i plan to travel to the outlet store too xD
Old 22-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #4308
Greater Supremacy Member

hi folks i will be going to osaka in last week of oct. was thinking whether is it ok to fit a 2 day 1 night at koyasan? dun tink i have much place to visit in osaka other than den den town n the marathon event.

the next half of my trip will be in kyoto to visit places i have missed last yr
Old 22-06-2016, 10:35 PM   #4309
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi folks i will be going to osaka in last week of oct. was thinking whether is it ok to fit a 2 day 1 night at koyasan? dun tink i have much place to visit in osaka other than den den town n the marathon event.

the next half of my trip will be in kyoto to visit places i have missed last yr
y not?
how many days u have, and wat have u planned?
Old 25-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #4310

Is it advisable to buy a 5 days shinkansen JR pass since my first 3 days my hotel will be @ utsunomiya and travel up/down to tokyo for shopping and sight screening ...
Old 26-06-2016, 09:31 AM   #4311
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it advisable to buy a 5 days shinkansen JR pass since my first 3 days my hotel will be @ utsunomiya and travel up/down to tokyo for shopping and sight screening ...
if u are travelling up and down to tokyo for 2 or more days, it will be worth it to get the JR East Nagano Niigata Area pass. coz one way is about 5k yen, so 4 trip is already worth the 17k price of the pass.

any reason for staying in utsunomiya? coz it is quite far from tokyo. it will be better to explore nikko from utsunomiya
Old 26-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #4312

Hi, i will be arriving in nagoya on 28 Oct 2016.
I plan to buy the Extended SHORYUDO 5-Day Highway Bus Pass.
Please advice if I can use the pass this way:
Day :
1 - nagoya Airport to nagoya Jr station
2 - nagoya bus to shiragawa-go
3 - bus to takayama
4 - stay at takayama also
5 - takayama bus to gero
....... End of pass.
11 - last day train from nagoya Jr station to nagoya Airport.
Thank you.

Old 26-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #4313

[QUOTE=sseah12;102168631]Hi, i will be arriving in nagoya on 28 Oct 2016.
I plan to buy the Extended SHORYUDO 5-Day Highway Bus Pass.
Please advice if I can use the pass this way:
Day :
1 - nagoya Airport to nagoya Jr station
2 - nagoya bus to shiragawa-go
3 - bus to takayama
4 - stay at takayama also
5 - takayama bus to gero
....... End of pass.
11 - last day train from nagoya Jr station to nagoya Airport.
Thank you.

Old 28-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #4314

hi all, will be going Tokyo in Oct for a week trip.

Accomodation will be airbnb for day 1 -4 (3N), Hakone ryokan for day 4 - 5 (1N), shinjuku hotel for day 5 - 7 (2N).

we are looking for places to store our luggages when we go Hakone for the 2 days as we don't wanna lug the heavy luggage around.

understand that at the major train stations there will be some (limited qty) lockers for us to store our luggage. However, are there any other alternatives? saw this Sagawa offering luggage storage, not bad, but its a distance from Shinjuku where we are taking the train to Hakone...

thanks all
Old 28-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #4315

hi all, will be going Tokyo in Oct for a week trip.

Accomodation will be airbnb for day 1 -4 (3N), Hakone ryokan for day 4 - 5 (1N), shinjuku hotel for day 5 - 7 (2N).

we are looking for places to store our luggages when we go Hakone for the 2 days as we don't wanna lug the heavy luggage around.

understand that at the major train stations there will be some (limited qty) lockers for us to store our luggage. However, are there any other alternatives? saw this Sagawa offering luggage storage, not bad, but its a distance from Shinjuku where we are taking the train to Hakone...

thanks all
Carry an overnight bag for Hakone stay.

Forward your luggage to the hotel in Shinjuku on the day you leave for Hakone using Takkyubin. The luggage would reach on the day you check in. Let the staff who is filling up the forms know the date you're checking into the hotel. The hotel can hold your luggage for max. 7 days. And lastly, have the contact number and the address of the hotel ready in Japanese.
Old 28-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #4316

Carry an overnight bag for Hakone stay.

Forward your luggage to the hotel in Shinjuku on the day you leave for Hakone using Takkyubin. The luggage would reach on the day you check in. Let the staff who is filling up the forms know the date you're checking into the hotel. The hotel can hold your luggage for max. 7 days. And lastly, have the contact number and the address of the hotel ready in Japanese.
i see. so technically i can go to Takkyubin on the day before i leave for Hakone (D -1) and they will keep the luggage for me and send it over to Shinjuku hotel 2 days later?
Old 28-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #4317

i see. so technically i can go to Takkyubin on the day before i leave for Hakone (D -1) and they will keep the luggage for me and send it over to Shinjuku hotel 2 days later?
Since you're not staying in a hotel, you can go to convenience stores with Takkyubin service to drop your luggage. The store wouldn't be keeping your luggage instead the staff would call Takkyubin to pick up the luggage. The luggage would arrive at the hotel in the following day. The keeping is done by the hotel. Takes two days, the day you sent over (mine was usually done in the morning, so send before noon?) and then the following day (usually afternoon).

Or get your host to make the call to get Takkyubin to pick the luggage up from where you are staying. Cash only. Electronic money is also allowed - such as IC cards.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/p...rn/index3.html
Old 28-06-2016, 08:11 PM   #4318

Hi could i ask for some feedback on the following itinerary for 1-10 November 2016.

01nov: arrival at CTS airport
02nov: Sapporo
03nov: Sapporo
04nov: Sapporo to Asahikawa (day trip)
05nov: Sapporo to Noboribetsu (day trip)
06nov: Otaru
07nov: Otaru
08-10: Hakodate

We are going as a group of 3, was thinking to go Niseko. But it's early November and can't ski, so decide to drop the idea.
1) any other recommendation?
2) do we need to get a JR pass?
Old 28-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #4319
High Supremacy Member

Hi could i ask for some feedback on the following itinerary for 1-10 November 2016.

01nov: arrival at CTS airport
02nov: Sapporo
03nov: Sapporo
04nov: Sapporo to Asahikawa (day trip)
05nov: Sapporo to Noboribetsu (day trip)
06nov: Otaru
07nov: Otaru
08-10: Hakodate

We are going as a group of 3, was thinking to go Niseko. But it's early November and can't ski, so decide to drop the idea.
1) any other recommendation?
2) do we need to get a JR pass?
Noboribetsu, need two nights in onsen ryokan will be ideal~
Old 28-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #4320

Since you're not staying in a hotel, you can go to convenience stores with Takkyubin service to drop your luggage. The store wouldn't be keeping your luggage instead the staff would call Takkyubin to pick up the luggage. The luggage would arrive at the hotel in the following day. The keeping is done by the hotel. Takes two days, the day you sent over (mine was usually done in the morning, so send before noon?) and then the following day (usually afternoon).

Or get your host to make the call to get Takkyubin to pick the luggage up from where you are staying. Cash only. Electronic money is also allowed - such as IC cards.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/p...rn/index3.html
i see... thanks alot for the advice
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.